Blurry Text

pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
Forum Member
✭✭
I have an integrated graphics card and a dedicated graphics card in my laptop and since reinstalling Windows, the text in some places is still blurry and not crisp like you would expect on a 1080 screen. Any ideas for things I may have missed when re-installing everything?

I have updated the dedicated graphics card to the most recent drivers, but the up to date drivers for the integrated graphics say that they are not compatible with my system, despite them being labelled exactly as the specs of my system... :confused:

Comments

• alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Obvious question - have you set the monitor to the right resolution?
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, everything looks great, but certain programs and Windows screens don't. For example, the desktop looks perfect, as does Explorer, but if I go to somehting like Task Mnager or Device Manager the text is blurry. Some other programs look blurry too, yet others are completely fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have even went on to the Intel website and let it scan my system and suggest the correct driver for me to download (which I already had done previously through a Google search). Once I run the installer it tells me the drivers aren't validated for my system.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I have an integrated graphics card and a dedicated graphics card in my laptop and since reinstalling Windows, the text in some places is still blurry and not crisp like you would expect on a 1080 screen. Any ideas for things I may have missed when re-installing everything?

I have updated the dedicated graphics card to the most recent drivers, but the up to date drivers for the integrated graphics say that they are not compatible with my system, despite them being labelled exactly as the specs of my system... :confused:

Is it Windows 8? Some people have problems with fuzzy text. I know I did.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you rerun the Clear Type wizard ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure what I did but I've messed about with the Display settings for adjusting zoom and text sizes and it seems to have corrected itself. I'm not touching it again just to make sure! haha!
  • meltcitymeltcity Posts: 2,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blurry text in Windows 8.1 is usually related to the DPI settings (which make text larger for people with high resolution displays).

Checking the box 'Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays' (in Personalise>Display) eliminates the blur on some programs, but not all in my experience.