Options

Strange Netguard Problem: Help?

donna255donna255 Posts: 10,176
Forum Member
✭✭
Please bare with me as I am not the best at describing tech problems.

OK for the past few days when Netguard is starting or closing down on the page with the index list beside it.
On the main bit I get Page Unavailable.
Netguard is still working to protect your computer.
Check with Broadband Medic and make sure your connects are working.
If this problem continues contact NTL

Well I have run the Medic all is well
I can still go into Anti virus, Firewall, Form Filler etc on the index list and yes they are working.

I did phone Virgin and got a very nice man in India who hadn't a clue what I was talking about. He did talk me through some things and made no difference.

Now what I have spotted just after the little screen with the ticks that firwall etc are working. The one with pictures, like a flame etc.

Well this notice flashes but it is so quick I can't catch it.

There is a blue triangle and something about navigating websites..... And that is all I can as it is there for like 5 -10 seconds.

Can anyone please explain what is going on?

The only thing I have done differently recently is add Stage 6 shortcut for watching movies etc online.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Hi donna,
    it looks like it's a bit of corruption to the Firewall. If you go to Security Centre in the Windows start menu and check that you haven't got two Firewalls running at once. This sometimes happens.
    In any event Netguard is now replaced by PC Guard.
    If you uninstall Netguard and install the new PC Guard it should install and put things right for you.
    If you choose to keep Netguard just make sure that the Windows Firewall is turned off.
    Just a thought.
    George.:)
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you.

No I only have one firewall, I cleared it all out when I installed Netguard. Not sure about trying PC Guard will think about it.