Is it still worth buying a PS3 for occasional gamer?

2»

Comments

• DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    OK I've decided to go with my head and get a ps3. 2 questions:

Why should I get psn+?

Whats the best footy game? Last played pes4 on ps2 which I adored!

Cheers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member

Why should I get psn+?

Cheers!

PSN - free games

Football games - like asking me my favourite nutcase dictator or mass murderer!
  • RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why should I get psn+?

Cheers!

while you subscribe, games you download from PSN+ will be playable until you subscription elapses or is canceled. but they will all come to life again if you resubscribe!

All PSN+ games so far on ps3 have all been decent and had pretty good critic scores on the whole.

If you like PES then thats the way to go, if you got on with fifa at all it may surprise you how far it's come along it might even become your favorite. Still if you are a die hard PES fan like me doesn't matter how much they improve fifa, it still plays all wrong.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should I get psn+?

For £40 (Often £30 through offers) you will get given two free PS3 games a month which will remain playable for the duration of your subscription. These games are normally 75+ rated games and recent releases from the past 18months.

PS+ is basically a digital rental service so you dont get to keep any games once your subscription runs out, but you do get back all the games you claimed when you start subscribing again.

Here a list of past content.
    http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ps3-discussion/198601-list-eu-playstation-plus-igc-free-games.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Cheers!

If you ask me then PES has still never been bettered. FIFA has all the glitz and the licences, but PES is still the best game. I read a review of FIFA 14 recently in GamesTM which captures my feelings well -
    GamesTM:

"Often, it feels like you're playing with a team of good-intentioned robots, who are well programmed in the ways of football but never quite understand exactly what's going on. They don't look in the right direction during play, and they stand still when the ball's in the net; they just don't feel quite right."

PES still features terrible made up teams and next-to-zero official licences, but it still plays so beautifully well, and crucially the players and the game itself feel the part and play like they mean it. I love getting a new PES and spending days screaming at it because it doesn't feel the same as the last one, only to slowly realise over time why the changes were made, and just how much better it is. For me only two PES games let it down, being 2008 and 2009. Transitional but necessary (sadly), and worth it as now it's even better than ever.

Not got PES 2014 yet but will soon for my b'day in January. But at the prices it's going for PES 2013 is well worth a punt, and it won't have cost you very much at all. And have a look around for a decent option file to get the fully licensed experience. If you struggle post up here and I'm sure we'll find you one. :)