New Doctor Who Fan (Part 3)

Comments

• dazzlingdawndazzlingdawn Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kw4121 wrote: »
    Also new pics from WOM on #DS as well you can find them here

looks like the Doctor Who release of stuff is finally ramping up at last yay!!

Kenneth

Ps i have a feeling that there will be a LOT of fangirly SQUEEEEING to this photo from WOM

THUD!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They sure do love the hair :D

Well, come ON, what's NOT to LOVE!!!!????? That hair deserves a thread all to itself IMO!!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SheMoore19 wrote: »

*Thud*

*Reminds self to breathe*

And finally Graham Norton was good tonight and DT was utterly brilliant.

To Dawn: What was that you were saying? His eyes? Nose? Hmmmm can't remember. :D

Oh yes that photo IS WOW!!!!

DT was brilliant on GN, utterly charming.

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SheMoore19 wrote: »
    :o

Only managed one episode of Buffy today which was the aforementioned Bad Eggs as Michelle's friend came round with the baby. Sadly my bezzie mate and his sister were at school. :(

Forgot to mention that Willow actually squeeed in 'Ted' when he was charming her with computer talk. I loved that. :D

Started on Stargate. I've watched the movie and episode 1 of s1 and I have to say that so far I am seriously underwhelmed. I'll keep going for a while though as we all know these things sometimes grab you after a few more episodes.

On to CoE. Day 1 went down a treat. MUCH better than DW was the verdict. I really have to think carefully about which eps to show her now. She didn't like TGitF or FoP when she saw them with Cal. I'm going to show her TAoG and Doomsday as you know and after tonight I thought maybe Blink and Midnight.

Michelle is quite eager to find out what is going on with the kids in CoE. I gave her a little background about Jack - how we met him, what happened with Rose and about how Torchwood came about. I also told her about Owen and Tosh and the hub.

She was surprised and pleased by Jack and Ianto's relationship, but afterwards I explained why they were a little askew in their feelings - ie Jack has had to say so many goodbyes over the years, but for Ianto it's his first relationship with a man and he's seeking reassurance. I think that covered it for now - she'll see for herself Jack's pain as we go on.

She was shocked in all the right places - the seemingly friendly doc shooting Jack - the kids unearthly screams - and the destroyal of the hub - not to mention Jack himself at the end. I am very pleased with her reaction.

Her g/f didn't want to watch, but even she got slightly caught up in it and said it was ok (believe me that is excellent coming from her - all she watches is football, football and more football).

As for me - well, I think this rewatch is perfectly timed. Because we talk about it so much I had forgotten what an intense experience it is. I'd forgotten that the action starts right from the very first moment with the children stopping even as we are being introduced to the characters. Seeing Stephen so early on knowing what befalls hiim sent a tingle of dread down my spine.

The closeness of the team and the looks between Ianto and Jack - Ianto's family - just love them - Frobisher and Lois and the creepy Dekker all played just perfectly. What struck me the most though was Jack's rejection by his daughter. That bit hadn't really affected me the first time round, but I had to swallow hard tonight. This time it's not Jack knowing he will suffer loss after loss - he wants a relationship with them, but she can't let him in because of who / how he is. :cry:

All in all a spectacular episode and yet like Muttley says with hindsight (or foresight to the end of this week) it seems almost lighthearted.

*Thud*

*Reminds self to breathe*

And finally Graham Norton was good tonight and DT was utterly brilliant.

To Dawn: What was that you were saying? His eyes? Nose? Hmmmm can't remember. :D

Meant to say, persevere with Stargate - the film is not great at all IMO but the programme is FAB!!!
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kw4121 wrote: »
    Also new pics from WOM on #DS as well you can find them here

looks like the Doctor Who release of stuff is finally ramping up at last yay!!

Kenneth

Ps i have a feeling that there will be a LOT of fangirly SQUEEEEING to this photo from WOM

I like this picture best myself...:D

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/i209835/ed.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »

:eek: Ok he's a honey but .......!!!!! I loved him in Casualty, but that's BAD hair!!!! ;)
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member

Number 8 in that series of pictures quite scares me... :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    Number 8 in that series of pictures quite scares me... :eek:

To be honest, it all looks very scary doesn't it. The fact that they are humans or were does it for me!!! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Ok he's a honey but .......!!!!! I loved him in Casualty, but that's BAD hair!!!! ;)

yes well, real men have more important things to worry about when being attacked by zombies than their hair, just saying...
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    To be honest, it all looks very scary doesn't it. The fact that they are humans or were does it for me!!! :eek:

Yes, definitely agree!
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i am liking that!!
    although i am worried that he is not one of the ones that come back with the doctor in the TARDIS :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes well, real men have more important things to worry about when being attacked by zombies than their hair, just saying...

i am a fan of the scruffier the better in this case :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i am liking that!!
    although i am worried that he is not one of the ones that come back with the doctor in the TARDIS :cry:
    RTD already broke his heart in QAF, clearly now he has decided to zombify him...:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

are you casting aspersions on our Timelord!!!!????? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am a fan of the scruffier the better in this case :D

OK it's not the best photo, but it looks a little mulletty to me!! Just an observation!!! Now The Doctor's hair on the other hand, say no more!!! You can trust a Timelord with hair like that!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are you casting aspersions on our Timelord!!!!????? :D

no comment! :p
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slightly off topic :o but nonetheless, I just HAVE to comment as I am sitting here, wanting to lamp the telly, aiming my fist at luvvvvlleeeee luvvvvleeee Lorraine Kelly! :eek:

I appreciate their care and concern :rolleyes: - I just don't want to be preached at first thing in the morning!

I bet the TIME LORDS didn't have to suffer Lorraine Kelly on Gallifrey ;) (on topic Who reference pointer :D *

That's cos all the Timelords are bigger on the inside :)
    The Doctor actually weighs 28 stone :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no comment! :p

:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RTD already broke his heart in QAF, clearly now he has decided to zombify him...:(

:cry::cry:

Get the little swim pants ready to send to the bbc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Webslark wrote: »

I can't even tell you what they made me think when I first read it!!!!! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK it's not the best photo, but it looks a little mulletty to me!! Just an observation!!! Now The Doctor's hair on the other hand, say no more!!! You can trust a Timelord with hair like that!! :D

Its notthat Mulletty :o
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/i209833/the-crew-of-bowie-base-one.html
    Webslark wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cry::cry:

Get the little swim pants ready to send to the bbc

Let's send surfboards too, that'll really show them we mean business!!! Might be tricky to wrap, but we won't let that stop us!
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok there is so much innuendo i could pull from that but i am going to take the higher ground on this one :D

Yeah right:rolleyes: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't even tell you what they made me think when I first read it!!!!! :o

pmsl me too :o

i thought Jack will be happy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's send surfboards too, that'll really show them we mean business!!! Might be tricky to wrap, but we won't let that stop us!

I'll take the day off and deliver them by hand :D
This discussion has been closed.