Options

TV screen gone blank

Hiya, can anyone pls help? My bush TV, only 2 yrs old, has no picture suddenly. The sound is ok but visual is completely gone. Black screen. It's a 26 inch LED model #LT26MICA.

Comments

• Options
    jasonjimbobjasonjimbob Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What have you got connected to it? Sky via Scart or HDMI lead, check to see if they have not worked loose, if you have not got that, see if Freeview is working ok if you have your TV aerial connected to the TV set.
  • Options
    ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More than likely the back lights have failed.

Is it an ordinary LCD, or LED?

Does the picture come on briefly at start up at all?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Thanks for replies.

I don't have sky, just free view. Aeriel connection is ok (sound is perfect). It's an LED I think (that's the cheaper one, correct?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also picture does not come up AT ALL when I start. Not even a flicker of light.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,516
    Forum Member
    Jane smith wrote: »
    Thanks for replies.

I don't have sky, just free view. Aeriel connection is ok (sound is perfect). It's an LED I think (that's the cheaper one, correct?)

No, it's most probably CCFL/LCD (as opposed to LED/LCD), most likely the inverters for the CCFL's have failed.

On the cheap sets (like Bush) it's normal for the sound to continue is the inverts fail, on more expensive sets the sound shuts down as well, and the set flashes an LED as an error indication.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So can that be replaced? Or do I have to buy a new TV?