How I Met Your Mother

Comments

• LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiger2000 wrote: »
    Its just been renewed for a Ninth and Final Season.

Interesting. I was half hoping they would wrap things up this season but at least this allows them to write a proper ending .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started watching this on and off during the storyline where Ted was dating one of his students, who I think was room mates with the woman who is to end up as the mother. I stopped watching because I hadn't seen any of the previous series so I was unfamiliar with any background stories.

So I've been watching it on E4 recently because they've been showing it from the beginning, two episodes a day at 1pm and 1.30pm. And I love it. I was a fan of Friends and have seen pretty much every episode of that, but I like the characters in HIMYM a lot more.

However, the annoying this is E4 are skipping random episodes (I think it's the ones with a slightly more "adult" storyline). It doesn't seem to make an impact with the flow of it, but it does seem to make it look like Ted's with someone one episode, and by the next they're breaking up, because an episode about them in between has been missed. I suppose that's what happens when it's aired during the day!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    petit-pois wrote: »
    I started watching this on and off during the storyline where Ted was dating one of his students, who I think was room mates with the woman who is to end up as the mother. I stopped watching because I hadn't seen any of the previous series so I was unfamiliar with any background stories.

So I've been watching it on E4 recently because they've been showing it from the beginning, two episodes a day at 1pm and 1.30pm. And I love it. I was a fan of Friends and have seen pretty much every episode of that, but I like the characters in HIMYM a lot more.

However, the annoying this is E4 are skipping random episodes (I think it's the ones with a slightly more "adult" storyline). It doesn't seem to make an impact with the flow of it, but it does seem to make it look like Ted's with someone one episode, and by the next they're breaking up, because an episode about them in between has been missed. I suppose that's what happens when it's aired during the day!
    Yeah. Also it's not long before they've shown their stock of episodes and you end up seeing the same ones on E4 all the time. I didn't think I'd seen that many, but now every time I watch E4 I've already seen it. I have the box sets but I need to work out which episodes I've already seen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    It's not very popular in the UK, it's just used as filler on E4.

It has a pretty well known cast for UK audiences as well so it should be a lot more popular.

The reason it's never hit the mainstream is because a lot of people don't like it.

I don't think that's accurate. It's HUGE with Students and adults in their early to mid 20s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tried time and time again to get into HIMYM, but that still hasn't happened. I love Jason Segel, NPH and Alyson Hannigan but still find it to be the biggest load of rubbish. I think the constant 'will they? Won't they?' that was Ted and Robin annoyed me so much that it put me off for good.
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loooool, he doesn't 'basically rape' them at all. The whole joke with Barney is that he's an exagguration of 'lad culture', and it's basically a criticism since he eventually matures and grows out of it.

Also people are stupid enough to fall for 'lads' pretending to be nice, and so the exaggurated stupidity of his 'victims' is mocking gullable people, too.

it's a joke within a joke as well, as nph is openly gay in real life
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whens new series on e4?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    whens new series on e4?

It started last week. There aren't any more repeats, but it's still available on 4od. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-i-met-your-mother/4od#3470991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank you,have sky plissed now aswell

love this show. better tha TBBT
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good first episode back i felt

"you are madingly incosistent" lmao
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the premise, why is it called HIMYM -whose mother are they on about and why?
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the premise, why is it called HIMYM -whose mother are they on about and why?

There used to be two kids on a sofa at the start and / or end of most episodes. I guess they grew up too much to be used any more. The girl went off to be Alex in Nikita not sure about the boy.
    They're Ted's kids. He still talks to the kids in voiceover openning most episodes but you don't see the kids anymore. So when you hear an episodes start with something like "Kids, it was the summer of 2012 and Barney had slept with 600...", this is Ted in 2030 or something, talking to his kids about how he met their mother.
  • Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it but since there will be only one season left I have found a replacement - Happy Endings.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Make the most of it. Rumblings in the US are that it's being messed about with in the schedule and could probably be cancelled even though it's popular.
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,535
    Forum Member
    ^^^ Make the most of it. Rumblings in the US are that it's being messed about with in the schedule and could probably be cancelled even though it's popular.
    Do keep up :)
    Its just been renewed for a Ninth and Final Season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pretty sure they were talking about Happy Endings
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes I'm disappointing at the way they treated 'Happy Endings'.

It's a good series and slightly better than HIMYM IMO.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My thoughts exactly ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    He was talking about Happy Endings, not HIMYM. Do keep up. Or at least check you're right BEFORE being condescending.
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like barney, but the woman who is married to Marshall is insufferable. I used love her in buffy but she makes me turn off himym
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Dave1979 wrote: »
    Love it but since there will be only one season left I have found a replacement - Happy Endings.

Shame:( coz it's a really funny show.. Funnier than HIMYM
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    There used to be two kids on a sofa at the start and / or end of most episodes. I guess they grew up too much to be used any more. The girl went off to be Alex in Nikita not sure about the boy.
    They're Ted's kids. He still talks to the kids in voiceover openning most episodes but you don't see the kids anymore. So when you hear an episodes start with something like "Kids, it was the summer of 2012 and Barney had slept with 600...", this is Ted in 2030 or something, talking to his kids about how he met their mother.

Thanks, I've not seen any episodes with the little children at the beginning.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First 4 seasons were great but now I agree it's poor. They've been repeatingthe same Barney/Robin stuff for 3 years and Lily may aswell not exist and if my friends caused the amount of self serving grief this lot do then they'd be long gone.
  • Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HIMYM has picked up this season but I am preferring Happy Endings - watched the first two seasons in 4 days
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I'm finding this dire now and the old good episodes don't have the same re-watchability (yes made up word) that Friends has.
    Robin used to be a good character but now she's just obnoxious and the whole Ted/Robin and now Barney/Robin roundabout is tiring. Especially in the current episodes.
    I don't get why a lot of people hate poor oul Ted so much I think he's OK. Barney, Lilly and Marshal kinda fill in the gaps but they are so camp and cartoony now if you knew them in real life you'd kill them.
    Is Ted now telling a story within a story? Why are his kids still listening to this garbage haha