Options

John Hurt's Doctor can NOT be from the Time-war

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where and when did Chris say any such thing? There was a near-libelous thread on DS which made this claim last week, but that was all gossip and rumour.

which thread was that ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    CE's comment seems to suggest that his role in proceedings was small, if I was to hypothesise then I would say that meant it was more than likely a regeneration scene, something that tends to fit the bill of small and not adding much to the character.

I would also like to say that there is a quote from Moffat, can't remember exactly where, that said they've only announced the cast in the 50th that had to shoot outside (ie, would be leaked anyway) so although CE has said No in interview, he may have shot something for the 50th, I'm also sure that if they did want to create a regen from 8 to 9 or Hurt to 9, they could use the 9 to 10 regen footage and some digital jiggery pokery to achieve the same affect.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Apollyon;66050647So although CE has said No in interview, he may have shot something for the 50th.[/QUOTE]

I thought that to if it was just a regeneration they could have filmed it during one of the meetings if all CE had to do was stand there and maybe say one or two lines after they could get everything set up and the filming could be over and done with within a hour and nobody would ever know until it aired
  • Options
    Mr1CroftMr1Croft Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    All that's been stated in the TV Show is that the Doctor used "The Moment".

The stuff about the Moment being a Demat Gun is from (I think) a comic.

Correct, which is why I used the phrase "which is said" and other similar phrases. I really expect a lot of this (doctor being imprisoned, De-mat gun etc.,) to be changed by SM if they do revisit the Time War.