Options

It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    cloudy wrote: »
    Just spoken to Steven. Don't email through the c5 website it goes to demand 5 who don't respond. He told me to email direct to customerservices@channel5.com. Also confirmed on phone there is no live feed until around half way through the series when special live events are due to take place, i suspect during the olympics, sorry c5 if britain has a chance at a medal i will watch the Olympics not BB i.e. no after eviction live feed.

Did my usual ranting cbb live feed got more viewers than bbsots, ratings for last night 1.2 million down on launch. Perhaps if c5 listened to fans of the show and gave a 24/7 live feed more people would watch. It's a brick wall. Either they don't care about the show or they are pig ignorant. C5 and endemol will learn the hard way.

i just find that incredible even by channel 5 standards
    taking viewers for granted isn't the way to go
    channel 5 had better hope there are still viewers left at the half way point
    it's not looking to good for them at the moment
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just find that incredible even by channel 5 standards
    taking viewers for granted isn't the way to go
    channel 5 had better hope there are still viewers left at the half way point
    it's not looking to good for them at the moment

no As we said few days ago I dont think anyone is doing a merry Jig at the prospect of low numbers for normal BB because all it will mean is the end of the format that launched the entire thing.

theres no excuse they should have bunged on some hours of feed not just 40 mins as people expected but a good few hours to at least show the fans they are trying to soften a wee bit.All they have managed to do is piss a fair number of people totally off again.Its terrible PR by them
  • Options
    Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    I posted this as a reply in another thread but then realised that in fact I had hit the nail on the head and worked out exactly Channel 5's MO:

The whole reason they don't have a live feed - they are not running it for the viewers wants at all and just set it up as a advertising platform. No live feed but instead individual video chips each with a paid for Advert attached.

Add in product placement, sponsorship and take away the Live Feed in case it shows something negative the advertisers don't like and you have the complete Channel 5 Big Brother format!

That is why they are not even remotely interested in what we want, they are making their money totally from advertising in large amounts and don't give a stuff about anything we have to say.

And of course, they want a nicely scripted show aimed at young people with money and can't have negative things like Live Feeds and people shitting in Freezers upsetting the Advertising cash cow.

What else did you expect from a grotty, cheap and tacky TV company?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neda_Turk wrote: »
    I posted this as a reply in another thread but then realised that in fact I had hit the nail on the head and worked out exactly Channel 5's MO:

The whole reason they don't have a live feed - they are not running it for the viewers wants at all and just set it up as a advertising platform. No live feed but instead individual video chips each with a paid for Advert attached.

Add in product placement, sponsorship and take away the Live Feed in case it shows something negative the advertisers don't like and you have the complete Channel 5 Big Brother format!

That is why they are not even remotely interested in what we want, they are making their money totally from advertising in large amounts and don't give a stuff about anything we have to say.

And of course, they want a nicely scripted show aimed at young people with money and can't have negative things like Live Feeds and people shitting in Freezers upsetting the Advertising cash cow.

with all the product placement they must be raking in a nice sum.you would think with all that they want want as many people as possible to see these products over and over.
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    Neda_Turk wrote: »

Without live feed not many are seeing the product placements anyway

Other BB's around the world use product placement and they also have live feed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    Without live feed not many are seeing the product placements anyway

Other BB's around the world use product placement and they also have live feed

I think I could cope with a lot of product placement if it meant live feed.the more comes pretty clear money aint the issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I could cope with a lot of product placement if it meant live feed.the more comes pretty clear money aint the issue.

if that is the case then jamie east must be speaking with forked tongue
    i think you're right

we've been saying that ever since the 24/7 live streaming was axed for bb10 despite the denials

if viewers realize that they are now watching a big advert with the housemates as extra's then i doubt many will hang around too long
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if that is the case then jamie east must be speaking with forked tongue
    i think you're right

we've been saying that ever since the 24/7 live streaming was axed for bb10 despite the denials

if viewers realize that they are now watching a big advert with the housemates as extra's then i doubt many will hang around too long

thats going to be fun watching the Shrinks try and explain them.

1.they are going to have to sit there and tell viewers how they get to watch them daily for ages.

2.try and bluff around they watch 45 mins of deeply edited events making it impossible for any credible psychologist to make observations on them.

Or will it just be the C5 way and think anyone watching is so thick they wont grasp what they are giving away ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thats going to be fun watching the Shrinks try and explain them.

1.they are going to have to sit there and tell viewers how they get to watch them daily for ages.

2.try and bluff around they watch 45 mins of deeply edited events making it impossible for any credible psychologist to make observations on them.

Or will it just be the C5 way and think anyone watching is so thick they wont grasp what they are giving away ;)

good points
    whatever channel 5 try to do
    the lack of 24/7 live streaming is always going to come back and haunt them
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    This is my first year watching BB UK, and I'd just like to know why don't they have live feeds to the house in BB UK? These live tweets are just beyond annoying and tell you nothing, and the short clips tell just about the romances they try to force to the viewers. Do they have a good reason for not having the live feeds?
  • Options
    ScottHarrisScottHarris Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said it before and i'll say it again.............it's because CH5 hate us :mad:
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    They dont want us to see it is all staged, so they refuse to give us back the live feed, who knows, perhaps they all go to a hotel between filming ? ;)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is my first year watching BB UK, and I'd just like to know why don't they have live feeds to the house in BB UK? These live tweets are just beyond annoying and tell you nothing, and the short clips tell just about the romances they try to force to the viewers. Do they have a good reason for not having the live feeds?

If they don't have live feed they are able to edit the nightly HL show in favour of whatever storylines they want to press on us and we wouldn't know any different
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Lets face it BB it is not, the only country out of 42? that do not have live feed, even the poor countries have it, C5 are a two bit penny pinching channel, if the truth be known they are probably on their uppers and simply cant afford it, hope they go under.
  • Options
    K139K139 Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no demand for it:D
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Because channel 5 are cheap and in bb12 i felt they had actors playing roles rather than housemates,so maybe they dont want us to know the contestants are fake.:eek:
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    They dont want us to see it is all staged, so they refuse to give us back the live feed, who knows, perhaps they all go to a hotel between filming ? ;)

Wouldn't surprise me:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good points
    whatever channel 5 try to do
    the lack of 24/7 live streaming is always going to come back and haunt them

numbers might rebound and its just going to bob around for a week or so.but if things get worse they would be bonkers not thinking do fans have a point.Are they giving the fans what they want.
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which clips are you referring to? We're only 3 days in. Are you sure you haven't just read about previous years?
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Because they have contempt for the genuine fans of BB, and would rather attract the interest of casuals who don't give a flying toss about it.
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because ch 5 want to pick who we will like,who we dont like,how we should vote,and who will be the winner.........
  • Options
    townraintownrain Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember when Kenny Tong escaped over the wall on E4 live feed at 6am.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because they have contempt for the genuine fans of BB, and would rather attract the interest of casuals who don't give a flying toss about it.

Why must some FMs continually cast aspersions on others that 'genuine' fans want LF and those who don't are somehow not 'real' fans? Or that the real diehards have stopped watching because this isn't really Big Brother! :D
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Which clips are you referring to? We're only 3 days in. Are you sure you haven't just read about previous years?

I think out of the few clips they have uploaded, at least half are of potential couples. Arron/Ashleigh, Luke S/Lauren, Arron/Lauren.

I've read these forums previous years, but not watched before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    townrain wrote: »
    Remember when Kenny Tong escaped over the wall on E4 live feed at 6am.

Classic! :) Wish I'd been up all night that night. I bet they didn't show that on the HLs the following day. Oh wait.. :o
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    because when filming stops the tv in the living room goes on and the laptops come out
This discussion has been closed.