Homeland Season 4 US pace

Comments

• Options
    Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Dennis is definitely redundant now.

Still would like to know where Fara is...

I suppose Farah will be taken hostage and Saul will move heaven & earth to get her free, after all he brought her into the CIA.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The writers were peed off that season 3 got criticised so they've gone all out this season it seems :D you could see a similar set of events in a 24 episode but it packs much more of a punch in Homeland I think.

This season has been absolutely awesome so far. Not since Breaking Bad finishing have I been staring at the TV in disbelief at what's happening.
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Assuming the ambassador's husband survives the embassy invasion, does America have the death penalty for treason?
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Best episode of this season so far. Awesome stuff.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    The writers were peed off that season 3 got criticised so they've gone all out this season it seems :D you could see a similar set of events in a 24 episode but it packs much more of a punch in Homeland I think.

This season has been absolutely awesome so far. Not since Breaking Bad finishing have I been staring at the TV in disbelief at what's happening.

Bib: :D:D and twice:D:D. I am not ashamed to admit I playbacked a few scenes in this episode. The twists kept coming. Terrific episode.
  • Options
    rkolsenrkolsen Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    Assuming the ambassador's husband survives the embassy invasion, does America have the death penalty for treason?

Yes, a person who commits treason is eligible for the death penalty. However no one has been executed by the federal government since 2003.

Here's a Wikipedia article on capital punishment by the federal government.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been a week behind US pace (but still a week ahead of UK) but with no episode yesterday I'm finally caught up.

Wow, what an ending. In fact, what an episode in its entirety. From the ambassador "saving" her husband from Carrie, to Saul at the exchange to the attack and start of the infiltration at the end. Definitely one of the strongest since season 1.

It actually makes me glad I have been a week behind; I'm not sure I could wait a fortnight for the next episode!
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    I've been a week behind US pace (but still a week ahead of UK) but with no episode yesterday I'm finally caught up.

Wow, what an ending. In fact, what an episode in its entirety. From the ambassador "saving" her husband from Carrie, to Saul at the exchange to the attack and start of the infiltration at the end. Definitely one of the strongest since season 1.

It actually makes me glad I have been a week behind; I'm not sure I could wait a fortnight for the next episode!
    It was a terrific episode. I hadn't realised the show was taking a week's hiatus in the US, but what a cliffhanger to leave things on!

And it also now explains why Channel 4 have been running two weeks behind rather than one - we're now back to being just under seven days behind the US.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just finished watching the UK pace. I can't wait anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    capekdeh wrote: »
    I've just finished watching the UK pace. I can't wait anymore.

Search for a link tomorrow and you can see what was aired in US last night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    Search for a link tomorrow and you can see what was aired in US last night.

Cheers! I will definitely do that. I am still thinking about it. Brilliant series!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good episode, mainly for the action and Quinn.

But really didn't like the
    'Lets open the security door and give the Terrorist the list of Assets so we can save a couple of people, because the Terrorist says he won't kill anyone if we give them the list'

bit.
    Because we all know terrorists are trustworthy and never go back on their words
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode. They did not balk at how the invasion would turn out. They went with it. For that they deserve praise.

My god this season has beaten all others hands down.

They are dropping like flies though.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good episode, mainly for the action and Quinn.

But really didn't like the
    'Lets open the security door and give the Terrorist the list of Assets so we can save a couple of people, because the Terrorist says he won't kill anyone if we give them the list'

bit.
    Because we all know terrorists are trustworthy and never go back on their words

Ain't that right>:( Never negotiate with terriorists. Rule 101 in the CIA handbook. Why do it then? Lockhart still has his training wheels on. Brillant all round action, and I love the fire in Quinn's belly now. It's time he came into his own as a character.

My estimation of Martha went down pretty damn quick. Not only can't her husband "grow a backbone" in a time of crisis, he can't even kill himself when given the means to do it and he had asked for it. But I'm glad he (and possibly she) was caught. Looks like they were on to them from the start. You don't get to choose your manner of death when those you betrayed, and denied them their lives, never had that. Martha has just ruined herself, her family, her reputation and career for nothing and over a very, very weak man.

Tasneem: Has evil never looked so beautiful? All graceful in her moves. From her POV, I can see her point, albeit all rather chillingly. I can't wait till Carrie gets hold of her and punches her lights out. She can go as crazy as she wants when that happens!

Two terrific episodes. This is the kind of Carrie I've been waiting for: vulnerable w/o being sentimental and out-of-control; determined and tough w/o being mean-spirited and bullish. And yes, even I would question Carrie's shooting skills, lol. Concrete pillar vs human terriorist? Not a difficult choice there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They broke protocol by not destroying the list. That was what they wanted and that was what they got. Thats why they have these protocols. Destroy the list.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Nihonga wrote: »
    And yes, even I would question Carrie's shooting skills, lol. Concrete pillar vs human terriorist? Not a difficult choice there.

She's no Jack Bauer, which is a good thing (for the show, which is meant to be different than 24).
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Ain't that right>:( Never negotiate with terriorists. Rule 101 in the CIA handbook. Why do it then? Lockhart still has his training wheels on. Brillant all round action, and I love the fire in Quinn's belly now. It's time he came into his own as a character.

My estimation of Martha went down pretty damn quick. Not only can't her husband "grow a backbone" in a time of crisis, he can't even kill himself when given the means to do it and he had asked for it. But I'm glad he (and possibly she) was caught. Looks like they were on to them from the start. You don't get to choose your manner of death when those you betrayed, and denied them their lives, never had that. Martha has just ruined herself, her family, her reputation and career for nothing and over a very, very weak man.

Tasneem: Has evil never looked so beautiful? All graceful in her moves. From her POV, I can see her point, albeit all rather chillingly. I can't wait till Carrie gets hold of her and punches her lights out. She can go as crazy as she wants when that happens!

Two terrific episodes. This is the kind of Carrie I've been waiting for: vulnerable w/o being sentimental and out-of-control; determined and tough w/o being mean-spirited and bullish. And yes, even I would question Carrie's shooting skills, lol. Concrete pillar vs human terriorist? Not a difficult choice there.

Tasleem I thought her name was? She was acting like she was delaying ordering a takeaway when she told Aasar Khan not to phone for back up. Very cold and conniving, I can't wait until she gets her comeuppance, hopefully at the hands of Carrie in a good old fashioned bitch fight.

The decision not to kill Haissam Haqqani and Saul with a drone strike looks to be a bad mistake given 40+ people died in the attacks. Fara dying was a shame, but understandable as her character arc had finished anyway. I liked Quinn going into full Jason Bourne/Jack Bauer mode and it looks like he will torture Farhad Ghazi to get the information he wants.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Tasleem I thought her name was?

Nope, Tasneem. Some people have been mistakenly writing "Tasleem" on various sites.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Tasleem I thought her name was? She was acting like she was delaying ordering a takeaway when she told Aasar Khan not to phone for back up. Very cold and conniving, I can't wait until she gets her comeuppance, hopefully at the hands of Carrie in a good old fashioned bitch fight.

Hopefully like the epic fight between Mel Gibson and Gary Busey at the end of Lethal Weapon. Carrie and Tasneem (that's definitely what Martha's husband said!) going at it in the mud and pouring rain until Carrie finally chokes her out with her thighs. :D:blush:

I was really disappointed when Lockhart crumbled and gave Haqqani the list. He'd been doing well up to that point. Carrie and Quinn were both awesome. Badass Quinn is 100 times more interesting to watch than depressed Quinn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Hopefully like the epic fight between Mel Gibson and Gary Busey at the end of Lethal Weapon. Carrie and Tasneem (that's definitely what Martha's husband said!) going at it in the mud and pouring rain until Carrie finally chokes her out with her thighs. :D:blush:

I was really disappointed when Lockhart crumbled and gave Haqqani the list. He'd been doing well up to that point. Carrie and Quinn were both awesome. Badass Quinn is 100 times more interesting to watch than depressed Quinn.

Lockhart appeared cowardly but he did right. The objective was to save US lives which he did. Or else with no help at hand the enemy could have blasted their way in.

Quinn going out alone was the low point. As a trained operative he should have handed th phones to Carrie and hatched a plot together. Now he is in danger.

Keep Tasneem for season 5. She is a formidable enemy, well worth keeping. I would keep Khan as well. He is a class act.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Booo! They killed the really pretty lass!

Exciting episode. This show has made a real comeback this season. Killing Brodie was a good move.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lockhart appeared cowardly but he did right. The objective was to save US lives which he did. Or else with no help at hand the enemy could have blasted their way in.

Whether he did right or not, he was always going to crumble. He hasn't worked his way up "through the ranks" of the CIA so has zero ground experience. My impression was that Carrie was lying when she said she wouldn't have known what to do, just to make him feel better.
    Quinn going out alone was the low point. As a trained operative he should have handed th phones to Carrie and hatched a plot together. Now he is in danger.

He's reverting to his original Black Ops training - getting a result at all costs. He obviously had torture in mind given the array of tools in the shed, something he knows Carrie would never approve of in a million years.
  • Options
    MrTheDMrTheD Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    That was another ridiculously good episode in a breathtaking run of episodes.

After the crazy end to Episode 9 I fully expected a slow burn to start this episode with Haqqinis men taking hostages and Carrie/Saul working out how to resolve it. In hindsight it was never going to be that way, but even so, the Marines ambush at the crash site, the reveal that John had died, the storming of the embassy and the associated carnage all in the 1st 10 minutes was just insane viewing.

I like the fact that nearly all characters had some part where they acted in a very extreme manner: Lockheart leaving the vault was understandable for a politician not steeped in CIA protocol or 'battle hardened', Dennis suicide request, Marthas compliance and Quinn 'going rogue' were all plausible in the circumstances.

Looks like we are all set for 2 episodes set in the '5 day' timeframe, with no politics interfering, no baggage, just Carrie trying to find Quinn and then then the 2 of them trying to oust Haqqini before he goes back into hiding.

Final word has to be on Fara, I am GUTTED she died. Someone of substance and note from the cast had to die to give the set piece gravitas, and she was among the most heart wrenching they could have used, and for that reason it really worked. However, I think her character was fantastic, and had so much distance left to run and explore in terms of her slow 'toughening up' into the job, I understand they felt they had to sacrafice her, just gutted that they did.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't be surprised if they have.

Initially Carrie was against the evacuation wanting to carry on the hunt for Haqqani, now with having to stay on to find her "rogue" agent she has five days to find Haqqani when she previously had none.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised there are another two episodes.. 10 seemed like a classic series ender.