Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross pretending to watch TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Ross and his leather trousers

Richard and Ross in Monica and Rachels dressing gowns looking for 'protection'

Monica singing at the kareoke thinking everyone loves her when they can just see through her top

Ross trying to steal Rachels chair out of the moving door when she leaves her job at Ralph Lauren

When Joey and Phoebe leave Vegas in her taxi and she picks up the hitch hiker - Joeys face when he wakes up with Phoebe sat next to him

When Joey, Chandler and Roass go out with Phoebes cop boyfriend and the car backfires and they think its a gunshot. Joey 'saving' Ross when really he was just saving his sandwich!
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    highnal wrote: »
    Phoebe: They don't know that we know they know we know. And Joey you can't say anything!
    Joey: Couldn't if I wanted to!

That episode is just pure gold!

MY EYYYYYYES! MY EYYYYYYYES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbYpbdHCqUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWOZpvCknGw&noredirect=1

That's definitely up there as one of the best episodes. And not just because I have a thing for Lisa Kudrow... :p

I'd nominate 'The One Where They're Up All Night' too. Joey 'climbing down' Ross to get down the fire escape is hilarious.

"When we said face to face, I don't think we thought it all the way through..." :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    It's threadds like this that really make you realise and remember how truly superb Friends was. For 10 seasons it had us in stitches.....ALL of the moments quoted here are just pure gold.

Let's not forget also that it wasn't just about the laughs though. When I read the thread title, my mind immediately went to "That Kiss" at the doors of Central Perk. But then in the next episode, the two different scenes, one of the boys and one of the girls describing the scene. Rachel treats us to a blow by blow account of the kiss, probably took about ten minutes to describe it. Cut to the boys....."and then I kissed her." (Ross) "Tongue?" "Yeah." "Cool." That one scene completely encapsulated the differences between men and women, and had me in stitches for days afterwards.
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree! It really does show what a great show Friends was. There are classic/favourite moments in every episode.

As well as the brilliant ones already mentioned:

Major shampoo explosion

Tartlets

Ross trying to chat up Isabella Rosselini
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are just so many brilliant moments. Ross is my favourite character though and probably is behind most of my favourite moments.

PIVOT! PIVOT! PIVOT!

My favourite episode though is definitely where they play the game and the boys win Monica's apartment. "Miss Chanandeler Bong" and "What is Chandler Bing's job?" Always make me giggle.

"What's 'pleh'?" Joey: "That's 'help' spelled backwards so the helicopters can read it from the air" :D

Ross making his FAJITAS, because he's "fine" :D

Unagi.
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When it ended
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Densino wrote: »
    When it ended

Party pooper :mad:

I'm sure nobody forced you to watch it ;)
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    " The Ross-a-tron."
  • Gizmo210688Gizmo210688 Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel: "And just so you know, it's not that common, it doesn't happen to every guy, and it is a big deal!!"

Chandler: "I knew it!!"

And one of the best, even though we all knew it was coming....

Ross: "Oh my god, did she get off the plane, did she get off the plane?"

Rachel appears in the doorway - "....I got off the plane."
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Party pooper :mad:

I'm sure nobody forced you to watch it ;)
    That was ment to sound positive!
    The final scene is the only part of Friends I remember watching when it was on the air, as in, not repeats! :)
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel to Monica: "Is that Ross? Tell him I'd come to the phone only my chubby ankles are weighing me down."
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I only just remembered this!

Joey auditioning for the Soup commercial, where he keeps saying "noodle soup" accidentally, instead of just "soup".

TAKE 1:
    "Mmmm. Noodle soup".

TAKE 2:
    "Mmmm. Noodle soup".

TAKE 3:
    "Mmmm. Soup. I mean noodle soup. I mean soup!!!"

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gladys

Ross falls down the stairs

(Love how Rachel screams in both those clips lol)

I love Rachel's screaming too. The "Uaghhhhhhmygod!" in the Gladys clip had me in hysterics the first time I saw it. :D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel appears in the doorway - "....I got off the plane."

For me that is Friends' most cringeworthy moment!
  • St. StonesSt. Stones Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    'There's something wrong with the left phalange' is one of the greatest moments!

Also love Alec Baldwin's character and how he creeps all the other friends out - 'We've gotta get going' 'OH! Classic Ross!'

The One With The Rumor is another great one, with Chandler and Phoebe screaming at the football game they aren't even paying attention to. Also love The One With The Football.

And one more:
    ''I just wanna get married again''
    ''And I just want a million dollars!''
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St. Stones wrote: »
    The One With The Rumor is another great one, with Chandler and Phoebe screaming at the football game they aren't even paying attention to. Also love The One With The Football.

I keep getting reminded of more! Okay, I can't choose any moments anymore, there's just too many!

Chandler: It's been a while since we shouted something, maybe we should
    Phoebe: Oh, sure.
    Chandler: Ohh, ref! Whatt?!
    Phoebe: Ohh, damn you ref! BURN IN HELL! :D

And Rachel hitting Monica in the face with the football. :D

Also, another I remembered, where Phoebe is trying to comfort an upset Rachel:

P: Aww, Phoebs.
    R: Erm, you're Phoebs.
    P: OH! It's short for Phoebe?! I just thought it was a name we all had for each other! :D
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Ross so much but he does seem to be involved in so many classic moments

Chandler in the box is one of my favorites :)
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    This is one of my favourite moments with a typical song from Phoebe, a great look on Ross' face and then the fantastic line from Phoebe about how to get emails about her forthcoming gigs :D
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross when he makes a move on his cousin on the couch : OH MY GOD this has to be the longest nobody has ever spoken for EVER!" to himself.... then "I haven't had sex for a very long time..."

Ross with the leather pants in the bathroom "they've turned in to a paste!"

Joey waking up at the beach house and checks out the massive sand boobs he has and gives an approving nod.

As has been previously mentioned, a lot of them involve Ross, he was arguably the lead character and had the best slapstick acting and a lot of the best set-ups.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Obvously there's "I Ross take thee Rachel..." when he's marrying Emily.
    I just love all the facial expressions of everyone. It actually takes you off-guard watching it for the first time.

Anything involving Rachel and Julie.
    When Rachel arrives back at the apartment with Ross and Julie from the airport, trying to tell them what's happened.
    Just the way Rachel says "JULIE!!" cracks me up.
    Also when Julie tries to clear the air with Rachel, then when she leaves, Rachel rolls her eyes and says "What a manipulative b*tch!"

Also, when Phoebe and Monica are fooling around in the wedding dresses, and convince Rachel to try it too. Then she greets Joshua at the door with "I do".

Plus, when Monica shudders after kissing Richard's son. Especially because it looks like it's quite some time after it happened and just the way the others look at her. lol
    My favourite, being a romantic, is when Rachel has fallen out with Ross but the gang sit and watch an old videotape of Ross being persuaded by his Dad to take Rachel to the prom. Ross is curling up in horror but Rachel walks over and kisses him at the door.

Oh bliss! especially talking about the first few series of Friends.....before they decided to make all them caracatures and look stupid!

Oooo yes, this one too. Wonderful moment.
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cliffy91 wrote: »
    I hate Ross so much but he does seem to be involved in so many classic moments

Thats the same for me. Ross is my least fav member but he has so many funny moments. I think its generally because we're laughing at him rather than with... :o

Another one of mine is when Joey has his interview and Pheobe is telling her how to spell her name.

"P as in Phoebe, H as in 'he-be', O as in 'o-be', E as in 'e-be', B as in 'be-be' and E as in... 'ello there mate!'"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03LoDinfulc
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Phoebe's smoke alarm wont stop going off - "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!!?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything involving Rachel and Julie.
    When Rachel arrives back at the apartment with Ross and Julie from the airport, trying to tell them what's happened.
    Just the way Rachel says "JULIE!!" cracks me up.
    Also when Julie tries to clear the air with Rachel, then when she leaves, Rachel rolls her eyes and says "What a manipulative b*tch!"

I love Rachel and Julie :D

"And the chicken POOPS in her lap!"

"Well isn't that just kick you in the crotch, spit on your neck fantastic?!"
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the Thanksgiving episode with Rachel's other sister, I think its series 9.

I love the whole dialogue about who gets Emma if Ross and Rachel die. Also, 'Crazy Plate Lady' had me laughing for days when I first saw that episode.