We don't want foreigners taking our jobs......

Comments

• elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    imrightok wrote: »
    Says Nigel Farage, but apparently it's ok if it's his German wife.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27115043

What's the problem? She is married to a Brit and is therefore British by marriage. Should all foreigners who married Brits not be allowed to work either?
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can people call him a racist if his wife's not British? Maybe some people just like having family run their business rather than employ a stranger.

Colour me dumb if I've got this wrong, but I was of the opinion that white British, Germans, French, Belgians etc. were of the same race, Caucasian.
    So if a British person expresses dislike of Germans, or the French, he/she is exhibiting xenophobia, not racism.
    Personally I think that Mr. Farage is a smug person, and I'd never cast a vote for UKIP because I think that the U.K. has more to lose in coming out of Europe, than staying in, but I'd back his right to express his opinions all the way.
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    elliecat wrote: »
    What's the problem? She is married to a Brit and is therefore British by marriage. Should all foreigners who married Brits not be allowed to work either?

Take that up with Nigel, I'm not the one advocating closing the boarders or saying 'British jobs for British people'.
  • WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    I'd like to see a serious reduction to unskilled jobs being advertised outside the UK. We need to address the issue of unemployment in the UK and the unskilled jobs should go to those resident here already.

Isn't this what IDS is trying to do with his benefit reforms?

How do you compete with cheap labour from Eastern Europe? Force our unskilled workers to do jobs for "free".
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    elliecat wrote: »

She doesn't become British automatically just because she marries a British person. You still have to apply for nationalisation. Many of the UK people who work abroad struggle to bring their spouses into the country - something else I will be interested to read UKIP's stance on if they make it impossible for these British people to continue with their jobs in EU countries.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if a British person expresses dislike of Germans, or the French, he/she is exhibiting xenophobia, not racism.

Correct, but the media don't like the word "Xenophobia" because it's too complimacated for dur sheeple. Use "Racism" because it's shorter and has more impact, but it also brands people incorrectly as 'really bad'.

It's the same as "Paedophiles". Most paedophiles are actually ephebophiles, but don't let that get in the way of the truth and the badness.
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct, but the media don't like the word "Xenophobia" because it's too complimacated for dur sheeple. Use "Racism" because it's shorter and has more impact, but it also brands people incorrectly as 'really bad'.

It's the same as "Paedophiles". Most paedophiles are actually ephebophiles, but don't let that get in the way of the truth and the badness.

Nice post Mark, I particularly like "too complimacated for dur sheeple."
    Very apt, and très drôle!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am another proud to be a euracist, I will be voting UKIP next month and I never vote but I feel the time has come to make a stand against immigration, and I would even go as far as to say I agree on "Some" notice I say some of the BNP's arguments on immigration. Enough is enough, We are full up.
  • miss_sassy1miss_sassy1 Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    isn't being on call 24/7 against the European working time directive?

No, you can opt out.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this what IDS is trying to do with his benefit reforms?

How do you compete with cheap labour from Eastern Europe? Force our unskilled workers to do jobs for "free".

No, you get them qualified so they are out of that jobs market.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »

I don't know what its like in other parts of the country but around here there is an oversupply of high skilled jobs and not enough people to fill them, and every week on the local news we get told some other big firm is setting up shop, we got this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27185642 on Monday.

While at the other end of the table it seems like every other week we hear of some manufacturing company or factory going tits up.

I have singed up to various job alert sites, and day in day out the high skilled roles out number the unskilled by about 10 to 1.

So the moral of the story is certainly around here anyway there are jobs, to many in fact but not enough skilled people to fill them and an oversupply of unskilled people with not enough unskilled jobs, so its clearly madness letting anyone and everyone into the country.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    Dont know about that

For sure

In general i dont believe uk unemployment is due to foreigners nicking all the jobs. Ukip need to up their arguments

2 million brits unemployed and looking for work , nothing to do with millions of polish workers, polish workers have nothing to do with it ? :confused::confused:. wake up>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    Have UKIP addressed what their proposals would mean to all the UK citizens who work in other EU countries? Are there jobs for them here if we leave both the EU and EEA?

Of course not. They don't have any policies apart from getting out of the EU.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Most Brits living in Spain and other countries are retirees who invest in those countries by buying property and businesses, they don't go to doss off their benefits.

She was an English teacher for many years she is now a translator. Neither she or her Spanish partner have claimed benefits.
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yawn OP! Do you not bother checking the politics forum?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=99

There's already numerous threads over there bashing UKIP and Nigel Farage. The issue regarding Nigel's wife was done weeks ago, so why bring it up now ? :confused:

UKIP are not against immigration or foreigners, just uncontrolled immigration, its a simple case of logistics and not putting even more strain on the existing infrastructure. eg schools, NHS, housing etc.
    Forum Member
    DadDancer wrote: »
    yawn OP! Do you not bother checking the politics forum?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=99

There's already numerous threads over there bashing UKIP and Nigel Farage. The issue regarding Nigel's wife was done weeks ago, so why bring it up now ? :confused:

UKIP are not against immigration or foreigners, just uncontrolled immigration, its a simple case of logistics and not putting even more strain on the existing infrastructure. eg schools, NHS, housing etc.

I do believe that'yawn' is put on and really you are excited that nigel's name has been bought up again; after all your in to anything farage.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Says Nigel Farage, but apparently it's ok if it's his German wife.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27115043

Nigel is NOT against all immigration. Why do the Left-wing mass unfettered immigration advocates keep claiming he is?
    Forum Member
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Nigel is NOT against all immigration. Why do the Left-wing mass unfettered immigration advocates keep claiming he is?

What type is he against?
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What type is he against?

uncontrolled, as i said above. Why is this so difficult to understand? :confused:
    Forum Member
    uncontrolled, as i said above. Why is this so difficult to understand? :confused:

Well that's not the impression I got from his poster.

26 million people in Europe are looking for work. And whose job are they after?"
    Forum Member
    And I thought 1 direction fans were bad.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member

What does 'uncontrolled' mean to you, given we have controls on immigration now?
  • qixvixqixvix Posts: 10,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a new word came out today euracist.

Apparently anyone who dares to vote UKIP is euracist.

I'm a euracist and proud of it, how's about them apples.

I prefer the term anticontinent ;-)
  • qixvixqixvix Posts: 10,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Farrage is not against people from Europe, it's the mass unlimited immigration from Eastern Europe that's the problem.

Don't see people complaining about immigrants coming here and creating and providing jobs though do you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »

No matter who is in power, that is never going to happen.