Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 180)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I just want the writers to take on his complexity. He's the most interesting character on the show, and now he's the only gem they have left :o. Not least so because of Kieron. And now they can focus on him, so I hope they do. That they care to make the effort. You wouldn't think they'd just want to do easy now.

He really could be in the beginning stages of alcoholism, it'd be so good to see that story, of seeing how someone hardens into that particular vice. Brendan for example, came into the show so aged already, but we could see how Ste becomes like that.
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    He's in a rock band called The Blackout who are featured in that magazine a lot, I assume you've seen the picture of him & Brendan/Emmett in that magazine. :)
    Indeed. I fear it will end in disappointment, but I feel this is something that requires investigation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    So glad Emmett saw Lili's drawing. It's bloody amazing.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    OK, I checked out this Gavin 'The Blackout' Butler person. He's not bad but he's no Brendan Brady.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    OK, I checked out this Gavin 'The Blackout' Butler person. He's not bad but he's no Brendan Brady.

He's Welsh, very, very Welsh. Seen The Blackout live a few times, I like them, but I don't really see the resemblance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those glasses are just for style, right? Wasn't his Lasik successful?

And just saw the JPug morning after scene. And it was really strange. James isn't looking too good either :o. *is attacked by Going and khughes*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iclabon wrote: »
    Those glasses are just for style, right? Wasn't his Lasik successful?

They belonged to some guy (the Ethan lookalike) at the PA. He just put them on. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Erm, if this pier + lighthouse in the background is the one from Stendan in Dublin, I might just cry :o

ETA - Leave James alone :mad:. I must say, not the most flattering of positions to be in the though....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I've got a salon appointment and other stuff to do today.

Hopefully I'll return to something good that's happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    khughes90 wrote: »
    Erm, if this pier + lighthouse in the background is the one from Stendan in Dublin, I might just cry :o

ETA - Leave James alone :mad:. I must say, not the most flattering of positions to be in the though....

I wondered. :o

I still haven't seen this scene. :cool:
  • Options
    Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    khughes90 wrote: »

It is :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Radio.Gaga wrote: »
    It is :cry:

Let's pretend he's escaped and that's where Ste has disappeared to ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,

Just after a bit of help, I haven't been on here properly in a really long time, to be honest I don't watch the show anymore as I can't face seeing Ste without Brendan etc - just know that eventually they'll give him somebody new and I don't want to see that!

I know I've asked this on here before, but am hoping that some of you may be friends with him, do we know if Chips is going to update 'Safe' or have they called it quits? Although I don't follow the show anymore, I'm still as obsessed with Stendan fic as ever!

I'd really appreciate any help as I'm checking for updates far too often lol

Edit - Obviously a bit late, but please tell me somebody has sent Emmett the link to that youtube video - 'Carnival of Rust' - just watched it, speechless! There are clearly some very talented people out there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmett looks like he'd rather be anywhere but there. I will be glad when he gets a new role and we get to see him act rather than get paid not very much to pose for photos in a little nightclub.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Afternoon!

Stendan pier *sniff*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Afternoon!

Stendan pier *sniff*

Mojo. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm glad Wolverine got to see such a special sight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mojo. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm glad Wolverine got to see such a special sight.

There won't be a site he hasn't seen yet! :p

And in theory ESF should be 100% sorted now.

*waits for more messages of "Change it back" to the original layout*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There won't be a site he hasn't seen yet! :p

And in theory ESF should be 100% sorted now.

*waits for more messages of "Change it back" to the original layout*

He gets about. :cool:

It looks so good! And is working perfectly for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He gets about. :cool:

It looks so good! And is working perfectly for me.

Good good.

And I watched this film last night, spoilers for the film...
    Big twist is that the main men involved in the captive of this woman are in a gay relationship together. Now the dark and twistedness of their relationship made Stendan look tame :p. There were a few moments which reminded me of early Stendan - even using some of their lines ;) but this was 2009 pre-Stendan. I genuinely had no idea about this twist when I started watching. Film's on iPlayer anyway, using the wrong image on iPlayer!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good good.

Big twist is that the main men involved in the captive of this woman are in a gay relationship together. Now the dark and twistedness of their relationship made Stendan look tame :p. There were a few moments which reminded me of early Stendan - even using some of their lines ;) but this was 2009 pre-Stendan. I genuinely had no idea about this twist when I started watching. Film's on iPlayer anyway, using the wrong image on iPlayer!

Maybe it was inspiration. :cool:

You mean the film doesn't have Sanjeev Bhaskar in a hospital bed?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good good.

Aww it sounded like such a great movie how you described it but too bad for me I can't play it being outside of the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe it was inspiration. :cool:

You mean the film doesn't have Sanjeev Bhaskar in a hospital bed?

LMAO no Sanjeev to be seen. There was only three people in the whole film.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Good good.

Watched a bit of this last night (I've seen it before). Pretty sure someone uttered "I can't do this without you" at one point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nezzie wrote: »
    Aww it sounded like such a great movie how you described it but too bad for me I can't play it being outside of the UK.

I really liked it, but ridiculously dark. But then I like dark stuff. It'd probably be better if I hadn't read about the twist by accident 20 mins into the film.:rolleyes:

I'm sure you'd be able to find it somewhere Nezzie!
This discussion has been closed.