Options

The Official Christmas Radio Times 2013 Countdown Thread

Comments

• Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    td1983 wrote: »
    They've got that Harry Potter countdown (a repeat, I know, i've seen it) on after the Queen's speech, last year it was Tangled. I bet the BBC would never try something like that.

ITV can be nearly as bad, if not worse, for repeats.

ITV are far worse I agree in fact often show films that were shown on BBC before.

Ad income falls when stores are shut and they can make more money at other times.
  • Options
    bruce9651bruce9651 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    smokeycat wrote: »
    Scrooge (1951) is on the Movie Mix channel this afternoon at 3:00PM.
    The Alastair Sim one. ;)

I love this version AND it's in B/W this time.
  • Options
    LinusJLinusJ Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't look towards BBC1 or ITV1 for anything more than vanilla programming, it's the secondary channels which usually throw up the more interesting shows. My Xmas Day is usually split between BBC1, BBC2 and C4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    There are enough childrens films and made for TV shows that they could put some different ones on this year.

I love getting thr RT at Christmas though usually dissappointed by what's on, then I am usually too busy to watch most of it anyway.

I think I like feeling like a child again and being excited by Christmas Tv then(Im 44).
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stitchb wrote: »
    There are enough childrens films and made for TV shows that they could put some different ones on this year.

I love getting thr RT at Christmas though usually dissappointed by what's on, then I am usually too busy to watch most of it anyway.

I think I like feeling like a child again and being excited by Christmas Tv then(Im 44).

The BBC do make several family friendly one offs that technically could be regarded as non-animated family films. In 2011 they made The Borrowers and last year they had Mr. Stink. Next year they've secured Dustin hoofman none less to star in an adaptation of a Roald Dahl fantasy. (I forget the name of it!)
  • Options
    Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    They've got that Harry Potter countdown (a repeat, I know, i've seen it) on after the Queen's speech, last year it was Tangled. I bet the BBC would never try something like that.

ITV can be nearly as bad, if not worse, for repeats.

That's what they have in the provisional schedules, it may well change when the confirmed schedules are released Tuesday/Wednesday
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what they have in the provisional schedules, it may well change when the confirmed schedules are released Tuesday/Wednesday

That's as maybe, but they're pretty much confirmed by now. Tell me, you say on your website that it's copyrighted, but how would you go about enforcing that if you found someone in breach of it, just wondering?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's as maybe, but they're pretty much confirmed by now. Tell me, you say on your website that it's copyrighted, but how would you go about enforcing that if you found someone in breach of it, just wondering?

Probably would just politely ask them to put in a link to the site, that's all I'm after.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ratings thread has ITV provisional schdules and apart from Harry Potter and Soaps there's very little left.
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smokeycat wrote: »
    Scrooge (1951) is on the Movie Mix channel this afternoon at 3:00PM.
    The Alastair Sim one. ;)

Does anybody know what other channels this film will be shown on over Christmas?
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    Any idea when the cover will be revealed? I like how it was revealed gradually last year!
  • Options
    livia123livia123 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a history fan, I'm looking forward to the short series on Byzantium - a history of Istanbul. it's by Simon Montefiore who did the great series on Jerusalem a few years ago.
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    So we have provisional listings for BBC1, Channel 4 and Channel 5 and some details for ITV but nothing for BBC2..........are they going to surprise us?

I was surprised not to see any provisional BBC2 schedules in Friday's Digiguide update. I'm really hoping there will be more of those early morning films on BBC2 over Christmas like we've been treated too every weekend throughout 2013 or better still a season of Laurel and Hardy films would be brilliant :)

I'm sure all will be revealed tomorrow when I'm certain the provisional BBC2 schedules will finally come out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STEVE 03 wrote: »
    I was surprised not to see any provisional BBC2 schedules in Friday's Digiguide update. I'm really hoping there will be more of those early morning films on BBC2 over Christmas like we've been treated too every weekend throughout 2013 or better still a season of Laurel and Hardy films would be brilliant :)

I'm sure all will be revealed tomorrow when I'm certain the provisional BBC2 schedules will finally come out.

BBC2 provisional schedules are on the ratings thread in the TV forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    BBC2 provisional schedules are on the ratings thread in the TV forum.

There are NO Laurel and Hardy films but there are SOME classics being shown, but not in consistent morning slots.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My digiguide has updated with BBC2 listings and I've put them on my website.
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I'm a little disappointed as I really thought BBC2 may show some Laurel and Hardy this Christmas. Some good films in the schedules though including a season of Hammer horror films with some late night Hammer classics to look forward to :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STEVE 03 wrote: »
    I'm a little disappointed as I really thought BBC2 may show some Laurel and Hardy this Christmas. Some good films in the schedules though including a season of Hammer horror films with some late night Hammer classics to look forward to :)

There are a couple of Hammer horrors! You're in luck there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Can someone post the bbc 2 schedule on here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cully83 wrote: »
    Can someone post the bbc 2 schedule on here?
    Christmas Eve

06.50am Natural World

07.50am Film : Herbie Rides Again

09.15am Westminster Abbey

10.15am Film : An American in Paris (1951)

12.05pm Film : Splash (1984)

1.50pm Film : Guys and Dolls (1955)

4.15pm Film : Fantasia

6.15pm Carols From Kings 2013

7.30pm The Perfect Morecambe and
    Wise Christmas Special

8.00pm Victoria Wood's Mid-Life Christmas

9.00pm QI XL: Kris Kringle

9.45pm Mel Smith : I've Done Some Things

10.45pm Comedy Connections

11.30pm Film : The Awakening (1995)

1.10am TBA

2.45am This is BBC Two

Christmas Day

6.20am Natural World

7.20am Film : Herbie Goes Bananas (1980)

8:50am Film : The Red Shoes (1948)

11:00am Carols from Kings

12:15pm David Starkey Music and Monarchy

1.20pm Swinging Christmas

2.45pm Doctor Who at the Proms

4.00pm An Adventure in Space and Time

5.30pm The Queens Speech

5.40pm Sleeping Beauty Ballet

7.05pm The Two Ronnies Christmas Show 1984

8.00pm Morecambe and Wise in Pieces

9.00pm M.R. James: Ghost Writer

10.00pm The Tractate Middoth

10.35pm QI : Hocus Pocus Christmas Special

11.30pm The Sarah Millican Television Programme

12.00 Hebburn

12.30am Dead Poet's Society (1989)

2.35am The Queen's Speech

2.45am This is BBC Two

Boxing Day

6.00am Natural World

6.55am Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo (1977)

8.35am Westminster Abbey

9.35am Earthflight

10:35am Pride and Prejudice: Having a Ball

12:05pm TV Film : Emma (1996)

2.00pm Great Bear Stakeout

3.00pm Great Bear Stakeout

4.00pm Final Score

5.10pm Don't Panic! The Dad's Army Story

6.00pm Film : Dad's Army (1971)

7.30pm University Challenge

8.00pm Idris Elba King of Speed

9.00pm Ben and James Verses the Arabian Desert

10.00pm Film : King Arthur (2004)

11.55pm Film : Dracula (1958)

1.15am TBA

2.50am This is BBC Two
  • Options
    lundolundo Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    pretty ordinary stuff on BBC2, but I suppose they don't want to compete with their BBC1 stuff
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably would just politely ask them to put in a link to the site, that's all I'm after.

Oh right, so no expensive lawsuits, then! Also, where did you get all the archive listings from, they make fascinating reading! Your site is excellent, constantly updated and always reliable, keep up the good work!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh right, so no expensive lawsuits, then! Also, where did you get all the archive listings from, they make fascinating reading! Your site is excellent, constantly updated and always reliable, keep up the good work!

The original intention was to just put up the listings from my collection of Christmas Radio and TV Times.

As I was working on the site and publishing what I could some kind person on the internet sent me the details of the years that I didn't have.

Can't remember now where he got them from and he didn't want his name published on the website!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Any chance of Nativity 2: Danger In The Manger being on? I know it's quite new but it is a BBC movie, so they would have the rights to showing it first, I guess?