Cinema Q&A Canceled?

scott26985scott26985 Posts: 1,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did anyone watching in the Cinema see the Live Q&A?

In my one they never showed it (I think). We got DW Extra then the lights went up. Everyone sat there for a bit waiting for the Q&A and nothing happened so everyone left. just wondering did it happen / get delayed?

Comments

• Carbon ProductsCarbon Products Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Ours was fine, we were told it would be a short break before it happened though. About 5 mins or so, maybe it was technical issue at your cinema?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    scott26985 wrote: »
    Did anyone watching in the Cinema see the Live Q&A?

In my one they never showed it (I think). We got DW Extra then the lights went up. Everyone sat there for a bit waiting for the Q&A and nothing happened so everyone left. just wondering did it happen / get delayed?

ours didnt start until about 5 or 10 mins into it.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lights came on at ours, we waited a little, was about to leave and then the Deep Breath Poster appeared on screen and music started playing. waited about 5 minutes and then it started.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    You should complain! You paid for a Q&A as well!
  • scott26985scott26985 Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah, it prob did play then..... to an empty room. No one said there would be a break or anything.

I think ppl got confused as a note came up saying stay in your seats for the DW Extra part but nothing for the Q&A. Plus they put the lights on like at the end of a movie, so it seemed like it was over.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, we saw it but the lights went up after 'Extra' and there was a considerable delay so a lot of people left assuming it was over. We made to leave but very, very slowly...just in case. :D

Thankfully a still of the Dr and Clara came on the screen, plus those who had left came back in, presumably staff sent them back in, so we felt it was safe to take a seat and wait without looking like dicks.

Is it possible it was shown at your cinema but you left (understandably) before it started?

We remarked it was quite badly done and putting the lights up wasn't a good idea as we were left wondering what was going on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was no staff around when we left so I doubt anyone went back in.

Guess i should have stayed but everyone left so assumed it just wasn't happening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah, it prob did play then..... to an empty room. No one said there would be a break or anything.

I think ppl got confused as a note came up saying stay in your seats for the DW Extra part but nothing for the Q&A. Plus they put the lights on like at the end of a movie, so it seemed like it was over.

Yeah, that's exactly how it happened at ours. We were thrown too. Luckily - my husband confirms - a member of staff did tell people to go back in.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had it. The trailers before the actual episode messed up and they had a technical breakdown, resulting in the episode starting about 10 minutes later. Basically this meant they cut off the end of the behind the scenes footage and then jumped live to the Q & A. I quite enjoyed the Q & A, Peter really is charismatic, I'm sure it will end up on youtube soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not a big deal, sure it will be online soon. Just a shame we missed it.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was missing off ours as well. Almost everyone had left and a couple of people went outside to ask the staff who basically said they were having problems and to give it 15 mins and it might be sorted after we had already waited about 10.

Bad communication was the issue, nothing on the screen and the lights going up didn't help either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was no staff around when we left so I doubt anyone went back in.

Guess i should have stayed but everyone left so assumed it just wasn't happening.

Well, if it's any consolation I could've lived without the Q&A - the episode was enough for me (fantastic). You'll be able to catch it online anyway.:)

I'm wondering what the turnout was like in everyone's cinemas. I think our auditorium would have been barely 10% full. When we saw DOTD every seat was taken. It was a fantastic atmosphere, people dressed up, even some US style whooping, etc. This time almost empty, no costumes, etc. Just didn't have the sense of 'occasion' about it this time at all. Granted it was a bigger auditorium this time, but still...

I didn't see this one advertised beforehand and only found out about it by sheer chance.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Ours was full, loads of costumes, kids in fezzes, sonic screwdrivers everywhere. Great atmosphere with a Tardis in the lobby and staff dressed up. Everything played smoothly in Sheffield.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    The cinema was almost full here (Birmingham) as far as I could see. Doc & Clara appeared on the screen before the Q&A and began to blink (the picture, not their eyes) and then the live feed began.
    Ours was full, loads of costumes, kids in fezzes, sonic screwdrivers everywhere. Great atmosphere with a Tardis in the lobby and staff dressed up. Everything played smoothly in Sheffield.
    I couldn't see anyone in a costume... Only I wore a bow tie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Our was like that for the 50th. But this time was just like a normal movie. Wasn't in a city so I guess just less effort was made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cinema was almost full here (Birmingham) as far as I could see. Doc & Clara appeared on the screen before the Q&A and began to blink (the picture, not their eyes) and then the live feed began.

I couldn't see anyone in a costume... Only I wore a bow tie.

Thanks. Maybe just us then. Yeah, as I said, last time a very big deal - amazing atmosphere. This time muted.

Thank goodness the kids costumes were very last minute affairs so not very elaborate as they would have stood out like sore thumbs. Daughter dressed as Clara. Son wanted to dress as Matt Smith Dr but, perhaps unsurprisingly, a bow tie and blazer for a 6 year is hard to come by last minute. He had to settle for a T-shirt with an astronaut on it. Best we could do. :blush:

I would have loved to dress up myself. Already have a tweed jacket and I know I would rock a fez. :cool:
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was no Q&A for us. The screen went black after the Doctor Who Extra and stayed that way. After about 5 minutes, everyone had left. It's possible that it started later on, but everyone had left by then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Before the episode (or the Strax blog) started, they had a programme on the screen so you could see what they'd show and roughly when each part will begin. Did they not do that in other places?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They never say anything that interesting at these things anyway. We got-

1. Capaldi would quite like the 'sing song' Cybermen from the 10th Planet back.
    2. Capaldi was friends with Barry Letts
    3. The Tramp was played by Brian Miller, Lis Sladen's husband.
    4. Having screaming fans waiting for you at airports is a bit odd.
    5. Everything is wonderful.
    6. Erm, that's it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before the episode (or the Strax blog) started, they had a programme on the screen so you could see what they'd show and roughly when each part will begin. Did they not do that in other places?

nope, nothing like that.
  • Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    the one in belfast was okay, they cutoff the credits of the doctor who extra cos the Q+A had started, but the picture wasn't working for about 10 seconds, so you could hear Peter and Zoe talking. It came up quickly though so it was all good

A few people dressed up which was cool; saw a couple in Ninth Doctor leathers, a kid dressed as the Eleventh, a group of people who went as the Third Doctor, Tenth Doctor, Twelfth Doctor and Clara... ...as well as a girl dressed as Romana in City of Death... random but awesome
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    They never say anything that interesting at these things anyway. We got-

1. Capaldi would quite like the 'sing song' Cybermen from the 10th Planet back.
    2. Capaldi was friends with Barry Letts
    3. The Tramp was played by Brian Miller, Lis Sladen's husband.
    4. Having screaming fans waiting for you at airports is a bit odd.
    5. Everything is wonderful.
    6. Erm, that's it.

Doctor Who Actors have a secret club
    Steven Moffat can be funny
    Its ok to joke about THAT One Direction incident
    Peter Capaldi has a great sense of humour
    Peter Capaldi and Steven Moffat CAN have a good argument with each other
    Jenna has great legs
    Zoe Ball says to Moffat "You should keep her" in reference to Jenna
    Peter Capaldi is immense!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Our cinema frelled up and played the prologue and episode and behind the scenes footage 20 mins early!! We saw it before it even broadcast on TV! So we had a cinema guy come out and tell us we had a 20min wait for the Q+A which was fine as everyone just started talking to each other :D Kinda cool meeting new, local, Doctor Who fans so it worked out well for us!
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should have stayed. The lights went up on ours after the behind the scenes bit. Loads of people left, desipte our protestations.

The Q&A eventually came on. Bit cruel though, as the behind the scenes footage carried a "stay in your seats message." The latter did not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Glasgow Cineworld was really busy. It sold out in one screen and the second screen that I was in was packed.
    They did a nice thing to make it something of an event for kids in that there was a fully functioning Dalek zooming around the foyer, lighting up and speaking in proper dalek mechanized voice. Great stuff!

Oh and there were no problems whatsoever with the Q & A at ours, it ran on time..(did go over..but nobody was complaining at that!) and Peter, Jenna & Steven were all excellent. Jenna looked damned fine too.. :)