Options

'anti-English racists' smashed his windows 46 times, told him 'f*** off where you...

Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Property developer who bought a house in Wales but says 'anti-English racists' smashed his windows 46 times and told him 'f*** off where you belong'

A property developer says he is being hounded out of a Welsh town by anti-English racists after his historic court house was repeatedly targeted by vandals.

Aaron Hill claims his windows have been smashed 46 times, graffiti has been daubed over his walls and people have even urinated through his letter box.

The businessman, from Burton-upon-Trent in Staffordshire, bought the former magistrates court in Caernarfon, north Wales and moved in after converting it into a five-bedroom home.
The former social worker said: 'I have been told: "You need to f*** off where you belong. We don't want you here. We'll burn the place down".'

Says oldest person to target home was '65-year-old man' walking to pub with his wife

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764875/Property-developer-bought-house-Wales-says-anti-English-racists-smashed-windows-46-times-told-f-belong.html#ixzz3E9ZZFnJO

Disgusting.

Racism toward the English in both Wales and Scotland needs to be addressed. It's something that's repeatedly brushed over far too easily.

Comments

• Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this story very hard to believe.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

The police don't

North Wales Police said they have recorded 11 incidents against Mr Hill in the last year including seven for criminal damage, two for theft and two for anti-social behaviour.

A police spokesman said: 'Local officers are aware of these incidents and have mounted operations to try and apprehend the culprits.'
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's something that has happened many times before in the past, and I agree with the OP, it doesn't get much attention. It's as though racism doesn't matter if the English are the target.
  • Options
    highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should Wales really be seen as a separate country? Why wasn't it just incorporated into England like the Celtic Cornwall was?
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    I have to say, if I found that people were pissing through my letterbox, I could think of a few fun ways to stop them. Many of them involving electricity or sharp objects. Or both:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MAW wrote: »
    I have to say, if I found that people were pissing through my letterbox, I could think of a few fun ways to stop them. Many of them involving electricity or sharp objects. Or both:o

An electric powered guillotine?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's something that has happened many times before in the past, and I agree with the OP, it doesn't get much attention. It's as though racism doesn't matter if the English are the target.

I'm not willing to believe everything the Daily Mail says.

But, I do have similar sentiments to yourself.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »

A nice idea, but probably too far into the GBH territory for me. But I'd guess a big fat 48 volt DC shock on the cock would dissuade the most determined phantom pisser:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

Or maybe even just an electric chain saw. :o:D

Edit: Ah, I've just seen that MAW is going for the tame option. :D
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not willing to believe everything the Daily Mail says.

But, I do have similar sentiments to yourself.

If the Daily Mail is too suspect for you, you can also read the story in:

WalesOnLine

The South Wales Evening Post

The Times
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    If the Daily Mail is too suspect for you, you can also read the story in:

WalesOnLine

North Wales Police say they are aware of the incidents, but have not recorded them as hate crimes.

Why not? :confused:
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    Over hyped! Still wrong though:(
  • Options
    BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be interesting to see if they're attitude changed if these thugs had an order placed on them banning them from entering any part of England. If they hate the country and its people that much they shouldn't be too upset.

Unfortunately, from first hand experience, there seems to be no shortage of blatantly anti-English people in Caernarfonshire, which is a shame because the coast around there is beautiful.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Should Wales really be seen as a separate country? Why wasn't it just incorporated into England like the Celtic Cornwall was?

Because it held onto its language, laws and customs for far longer than Cornwall (sadly) was able to.

Do you enjoy unremittingly barging into all these threads with examples of monumental ignorance?
  • Options
    highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Because it held onto its language, laws and customs for far longer than Cornwall (sadly) was able to.

Do you enjoy unremittingly barging into all these threads with examples of monumental ignorance?

Maybe you didn't see the question marks, I wasn't sure hence why I was hoping someone would explain it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    He should have moved to Scotland instead, as he would have only had 45 windows smashed then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If it is true then it's sad that anyone should be treated in this way.

It would be interesting to hear the other side, and perhaps find what he has done to arouse such a vehement response... not that such a response is acceptable anyway.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Having read the other thread on Welsh speakers today, I'm not at all surprised. Much better to pretend these things couldn't possibly happen. ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe you didn't see the question marks, I wasn't sure hence why I was hoping someone would explain it

Well my response explained the basics. More may be found by googling or looking at the Wiki entry for Wales.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Weird story. Must be more to things than just anti-English feeling to elicit that sort of reaction. I wonder if any other English people around that area have similar experiences and whether this is a general problem or just a very specific problem against that individual for reasons other than those given?

(If I were the journalist here and putting forward a story playing up racism then the first thing I'd be doing would be contacting other English people in the vicinity and asking them about their experiences in order to develop the story. However this is the DM so I suppose I shouldn't expect so much...)
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WinterLily wrote: »
    Over hyped! Still wrong though:(
    Windows smashed 46 times.

26 incidents reported to the Police.

Car vandalised.

When does it not become "overhyped?" :confused:
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the devil is in the detail with this story. A rich property developer moves into a small town in Wales and buys up a local land mark and converts it into a private house for himself. That would cause resentment in alot of places I think.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, Wales was/is a country with its own King. Cornwall, Wessex, Anglia, Mercia, cumbria and so on were all regions in their own right but the term "country" shouldn't really be applied to the regions because "country" is relatively a modern term when you compare it to the ancient history of these islands. Cornwall has now, though regained its official identity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the building in question in the Old Courthouse in Pen-deitsh?

If so, it is a rather iconic building and saw the trials of many activists over the years, especially in the 1960s.
    I can imagine it'd grate in Caernarfon to have it sold and developed, but I guess that'd be the fault of whatever body oversees the country's courts.
  • Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think he's just a wind up merchant myself:D

This is a serious issue, as any kind of hate crime must be dealt with. However, it is NOT racist. The English, welsh , Scottish & Irish are not distinct races apart, lets knock that nonsense straight on the head. A different culture does not indicate a different race, we are all white north Europeans ok? Having said that, i despise those people in our neighbouring nations, who moan about our so called prejudice, only to display similar to us at the least provocation>:(