dirty dens brother?

cloudfactorycloudfactory Posts: 807
Forum Member
✭✭
i seem to remember in the first year or two of eastenders,den and angie turned up at the pub saying they had been visiting dens brother in the country. im sure this happened but there was never anymore mention of him. anybody else remember this?

Comments

• gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it wouldnt suprise me soaps always make mistakes.he was proberly too busy working in his pub to ever visit or attend funerals lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    I don't recall one way or the other off hand.

On the one hand I wouldn't mind a brother of Den's - someone to carry on the Watts name; on the other i'm not too sure. The Watts were such a great family; but one of their chief characteristics was their insularity and incestuousness, that was evident right from the beginning. And they are the only family to have all great characters in it, I'd hate for that to be ruined and I just don't think the show is capable of writing such dynamic characters anymore. It is probably better to keep on with the also-rounds like the Mitchells, Brannings, and jacksons until the show can demonstrate it is capable of handling more sophisticated characters. Then may be the time to revisit the Watts.

Even then, part of me still thinks that, alas, the Watts are best left in the past unless Sharon is involved somehow.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Filiman wrote: »
    I don't recall one way or the other off hand.

On the one hand I wouldn't mind a brother of Den's - someone to carry on the Watts name; on the other i'm not too sure. The Watts were such a great family; but one of their chief characteristics was their insularity and incestuousness, that was evident right from the beginning. And they are the only family to have all great characters in it, I'd hate for that to be ruined and I just don't think the show is capable of writing such dynamic characters anymore. It is probably better to keep on with the also-rounds like the Mitchells, Brannings, and jacksons until the show can demonstrate it is capable of handling more sophisticated characters. Then may be the time to revisit the Watts.

Even then, part of me still thinks that, alas, the Watts are best left in the past unless Sharon is involved somehow.

Great post.