Your questions on ZVM (Zen Vision:M) answered

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    WizUk wrote: »
    Look at this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RZM9KM/sr=8-8/qid=1182518840/ref=olp_product_details/026-8978604-5594809?ie=UTF8&qid=1182518840&sr=8-8&seller=

Is this plugged into its own dock and this goes into the bottom of the Zren or does it unpug and the power lead plugs into the DC hole o the dock

I've never seen anything like that before... unless it has it's own dedicated docking device i'm not sure it would work!

Try asking the seller for more information!
  • Havelock VetinariHavelock Vetinari Posts: 13,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the official Creative charger I have. It plugs into the bottom of the zen, like the dongle then you just plug it into the mains and it charges up.
    Forum Member
    It looks nothing like my charger!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    WizUk wrote: »
    Look at this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RZM9KM/sr=8-8/qid=1182518840/ref=olp_product_details/026-8978604-5594809?ie=UTF8&qid=1182518840&sr=8-8&seller=

Is this plugged into its own dock and this goes into the bottom of the Zren or does it unpug and the power lead plugs into the DC hole o the dock

Thanks for that link, I ordered it and was very impressed, its a better charger to the one I bought before and its the same video cable that I bought off ebay for £9 so personally I thought it was a bargain.
    Forum Member
    Does it look like it did on the picture?

How did it fit your Creative Zen Vision M:???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    NINJAMARK wrote: »
    Does it look like it did on the picture?

How did it fit your Creative Zen Vision M:???

It looks exactly like it does in the picture. The charger just plugs into your wall and then fits nicely into the bottom of your Creative Zen Vision M
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Stupid question, but is it compatible with itunes?

I'm desperately in need of a new Mp3 player but all my music is in itunes and i really don't want to go through all the effort of moving it all.
  • dmpdmp Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to run the supplied disc with vista and it failed, I managed to download the new software on the website supposidly vista friendly, but when I try to use the creative go button, nothing happens, any suggestions.
    Dave
  • Richard_TRichard_T Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    What method do you recomend to get DVDs to the Zen Vision?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you own the original dvd, I would reccomend downloading a divx copy of it from a torrent site and using that. Easiest way I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    On the Vision M is it possible for it to remember the point of the track that you were listening to. I remember my Zen Micro doing this , but the Vision M does not.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markbyrne wrote: »
    On the Vision M is it possible for it to remember the point of the track that you were listening to. I remember my Zen Micro doing this , but the Vision M does not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Only if you turn off while it's playing. If you pause it the track will revert to the start of the track again sometimes, not always though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I always pause , then turn the player off , but it still reverts back to the start of the track :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markbyrne wrote: »
    I always pause , then turn the player off , but it still reverts back to the start of the track :(

Try not pausing it. Just turn it off.
  • URLURL Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I've just ordered this and feel guilty, spending that kind of money (Student, after all); is it worth it? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont feel guilty this device is one of the best gadget purchases you can make. Plays video and music like a dream!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I'd recommend xilisoft.com com, they sell DVD to MP4 conversion software for under £20. You can download a free trial of it first. Great results on my vision M
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    URL wrote: »
    I've just ordered this and feel guilty, spending that kind of money (Student, after all); is it worth it? :o

Hey I'm a student too and ordered it a couple of months ago, its a great little thing. You'll enjoy it I'd recommend you get a silicone skin to predict it from i-nique.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I have a couple of skins from i-nique. Their customer service is amazing. I bought a zen wall plug charger from them, which broke after a couple of months. I emailed them for a return label, and their replacement arrived the next day, before they had even recieved the old one!

This happened again recently, and customer service sent out the replacement before they had recieved the old one. Even though the charger has broken twice, I will keep using them cause their service is so good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much did the charger cost? I've yet to get one despite having the player for nearly 3 months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10-99 I think its this one here http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/d=7/c=55/sku=669
    Forum Member
    Received it this morning and let it to charge while I was out. Fantastic little machine, not feeling guilty at all now. :D Thanks for the link, I may need to invest in a skin. But as I said, wonderful player.

Question, though; when it needs charged, does it matter if the computer has the Creative software installed? Or can it be plugged in any?

Thanks in advance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The player can charge even if there is no software installed. You can also transfer files without creative software installed. As long as you have XP you should be able to view your player as a regular hard drive folder.
    Forum Member
    Cheers. Another question (sorry), is it possible to tune into a radio station rather than doing the autoscan? I've done it but it's not picking up the one I want.

Thanks again.
  • popppopp Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when radio is on, press top right button and then you can tune manually. use the right or left slider to adjust frequencies regards popp