Savile: Police launch fraud probe into claims.

2»

Comments

• Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I can be absolutely honest and say straight down the line that if he had abused me, I wouldn't want his filthy lucre. There are personal reasons for my saying this (not Savile-related). I just know that the last thing on my mind would be money. Recognition of what had happened and being believed by those who mattered would have been far more important as well as true contrition (unlikely!) from the perpetrator. I can't imagine I'm the only person who feels like this and on those grounds would speculate that there are a considerable number of Savile's victims who have not spoken up and would rather put their experience behind them or who would just confide in a few trusted people. Not everyone wants to 'jump on the bandwagon' or tell the story out of their experience. We just don't hear about them because they choose not to talk openly, which is fair enough.

I do think there will be some who have honestly come forward after the furore broke. They were probably not looking for money but once abuse charities get hold of them and refer them to lawyers they are part of the whole machine.
  • drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what an absolute freak he was

you know, i honestly think they should dig up his remains and do a lobotomy of his brain....

i mean surely he had some sort of mental abnormality of some kind either physically in his brain or from psychological trauma from childhood.....i wonder what his home life was like.. were his parents freaks as well?

was it in his DNA all along?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drillbit wrote: »
    what an absolute freak he was

you know, i honestly think they should dig up his remains and do a lobotomy of his brain....

i mean surely he had some sort of mental abnormality of some kind either physically in his brain or from psychological trauma from childhood.....i wonder what his home life was like.. were his parents freaks as well?

was it in his DNA all along?

He certainly was rotten to the core. An absolute shame that he was never properly investigated and then convicted. He did a great job of fooling a lot of people in Britain.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    He certainly was rotten to the core. An absolute shame that he was never properly investigated and then convicted. He did a great job of fooling a lot of people in Britain.

So true, one of the memorable quotes from the ITV Exposure programme was
    'He hid in the spotlight'
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    NHS is paying.

The NHS provides 6 to 8 sessions when it provides Therapy. If you need proper therapy it costs money.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,801
    Forum Member
    Recall those Lawyers on TV touting for business, sorry I mean asking victims to come forward well....
    Just 22 out of 58 payout claims against Jimmy Savile have been accepted amid warnings that his estate may be swallowed up by legal fees... leaving nothing for genuine victims

....£3 million left in Savile’s estate, just over £1 million is due to NatWest’s solicitors, Osborne Clarke.

There are more than 150 claims that still have to be processed, and under the scheme’s terms, another £2 million will be due to the law firms that represent alleged victims. Osborne Clarke’s bills take precedence over all other claims on the estate. But victims deemed to be genuine cannot receive a penny until all compensation claims are complete – by which time the pot will be empty.

Last week’s hearing was a bid by the Savile Trust, the charity to which Savile left almost all his money, to get the compensation scheme quashed and NatWest removed as executors.

The three judges expressed astonishment at the way the scheme works, and at the low level of scrutiny for weeding out fraudulent claims.

A small group of ‘consultants’ is being given only two-line summaries of each claim, containing few details.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Recall those Lawyers on TV touting for business, sorry I mean asking victims to come forward well....

Shocking but not surprising. Lawyers are a blight on this country. Our justice system relied on a base level of integrity which no longer exists. They actively encourage false claims.

I am assuming BBC had insurance so professionals will be weeding out the wheat from chaff. NHS self insure but they must involve folk to do the same. Other adhoc claims will be directly into the estate.