Options

Good Morning Britain to be binned?

13»

Comments

• Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Rather than changing things (and that's what has got them into this position!) they could do with a period of stability.

BBC Breakfast has been unchanged for many years, it found it's audience.

Viewers don't always like chopping and changing.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    No, just no - Eamonn is great where he is thanks.

I thought Eamonn was under long-term contract to Sky Sunrise ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can ITV convince OFCOM to allow them to give up on Breakfast TV?
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITN Source wrote: »

Lunch in a nice restaurant ?
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITN Source wrote: »

No convincing required if ITV want to stop making breakfast shows all they need to do is surrender the breakfast licence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    mikw wrote: »
    Rather than changing things (and that's what has got them into this position!) they could do with a period of stability.

They don't need to change it as such, just a reshuffle. Ben & Susanna as main hosts on the sofa with Ben and Kate Garraway on Thursday/Friday with John as Bens stand in. Charlotte and Ranvir splitting the newsreader role. Sean doing the sport.

It would be a bit of a step backwards but it combats two of the main issues- the desk creating a barrier and too many presenters. Then they just need to focus the content a bit more. I hear the Andi Peters slot is being dropped after this week. Not sure how much truth is in that.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No convincing required if ITV want to stop making breakfast shows all they need to do is surrender the breakfast licence.

What makes you think anyone else can do it better.

Bear in mind viewers don't know about breakfast franchises and production companies. They are all basically ITV programmes on ITV made by ITV to most viewers, so they'd still see it as a new programme replacing an axed one.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Sky News have started showing a promo for Sunrise, not with Eamonn but with Stephen Dixon. It might have been shown on Challenge too,
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngusMast wrote: »
    Sky News have started showing a promo for Sunrise, not with Eamonn but with Stephen Dixon. It might have been shown on Challenge too,

They have also been running promos with Eamonn as he and Dixon usually share the seven days although sometimes others present at weekends.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    They have also been running promos with Eamonn as he and Dixon usually share the seven days although sometimes others present at weekends.

Ok, I haven't seen the one with Eamonn Holmes. It might have been better to have one promo with both, just my opinion.
  • Options
    humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought Susannah might have been ok but she has this stupid false grin all the time. I dont watch it anymore..
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    humbug333 wrote: »
    i thought Susannah might have been ok but she has this stupid false grin all the time. I dont watch it anymore..

Shes ok, but I've always thought there's better, and less glamorous, presenters they could have poached
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see Ben Shepherd and Fern Britton on screen together!
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikw wrote: »
    Shes ok, but I've always thought there's better, and less glamorous, presenters they could have poached

There are but ITV went for the glitz rather then any substance.! Legs are lovely ect ect .:(

Bill Turnball although Male and does not flash his legs or other parts,
    :o probably would have been a better bet.:)
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    No, just no - Eamonn is great where he is thanks.

I agree.
    ftv wrote: »
    I thought Eamonn was under long-term contract to Sky Sunrise ?

I belive so, Sunrise is the only decent alternative to Breakfast for me. (Although sometimes I watch Euronews, RT or eNCA)