Greys Anatomy - US pace

MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
Forum Member
✭✭✭
(Apologies if there is already a thread on this, but i searched and i couldn't find it :o )

Anyone else been watching Greys Anatomy at US pace?
I've been really enjoying this season, i really hope it gets picked up for another one.

This weeks episode - Yang is really starting to annoy me, especially the way she went to talk to that patient telling them that Altman is the best so they could get the surgery.
Also i don't like the fact that she's had two abortion storylines in the show so far, one would be okay but i think two for one character is a bit too much.

Comments

• MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    am i the only person watching.. ?:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope I am too. I think Owen and Christina will split, especially after their last fight. I thought last weeks episode was very touching, in particular the scenes between Richard and Adele :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IrishChick wrote: »
    Nope I am too. I think Owen and Christina will split, especially after their last fight. I thought last weeks episode was very touching, in particular the scenes between Richard and Adele :(

I think your right, i can't see them lasting, especially considering how close Cristina has become with Teddy too.
    Same about the Richard / Adele scenes, brought a little tear to my eye when they were singing to each other!

I'm not really enjoying the whole Zola storyline either, am i the only one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to the AU episode next week :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missjef wrote: »
    I think your right, i can't see them lasting, especially considering how close Cristina has become with Teddy too.
    Same about the Richard / Adele scenes, brought a little tear to my eye when they were singing to each other!

awww i think little zola is so cute and it makes a nice change to see meredith happy.

richard and adele were great, the actress that plays adele is amazing - i really felt for her.

i have never been a fan of owen and christina so am not too bothered if they split.

i did laugh with the way april asked alex to move in with her and jackson. i do think alex needs his own storyline though. he has been drifting since izzy left
    Jedicated wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to the AU episode next week :)

oh didnt know that was this week - should be good
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missjef wrote: »

I wasn't at first, but since they got her back, they've been so adorable together, I can't help but enjoy the storyline. It's also yet another example of how underrated Ellen Pompeo is, the scene when she saw Zola at the door was amazing.

Also it's Owen who's annoying me, not Cristina, he's not as bad as Burke was, he doesn't bring her down as much as Burke did, but he still tries to change her.

I know Grey's isn't as good as it used to be but I still love it and look forward to each episode.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF was that last episode about? I can't decide if it was a work of genius or a jumping of the shark event.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    WTF was that last episode about? I can't decide if it was a work of genius or a jumping of the shark event.

Is that the 'What if' episode? i actually really enjoyed it, think its one of my favourites of this season!
    I don't think its a jumping the shark event. I think its sometimes good for shows that are upto their 8th season to try different things, i also really quite enjoyed the musical episode!
  • BristolbabeBristolbabe Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me the name the name of the actor who played Chris (the father of Morgans prem baby) in this weeks episode ???
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,147
    Forum Member
    His name was Gil Mckinney I thought he looked familiar but I don't recognise any of the stuff on imdb
  • crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    So is Owen cheating on Christina ?

And he should sack that mad Teddy woman
  • kikifikikifi Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I dont think Owen would cheat - BUt I dont know how this story line is going to end. Its clear that one isnt going to change their Opinion on children, and it wouldnt be fair on them if they do. Nobody should be forced into having childre, or not having children.

Actually I think something may happen between Owen and Teddy there is history there, and there is a reason why the writers are contiuning with Teddy hating Owen so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would anyone know what the song was at the end of episode 21?
    here is a boo of the audio..
    its driving me mad

Audioboo: what's this song? http://po.st/mn8DqU
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dombo wrote: »
    would anyone know what the song was at the end of episode 21?
    here is a boo of the audio..
    its driving me mad

Audioboo: what's this song? http://po.st/mn8DqU

Trying to find the inbetween I think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last nights ending WOW!!!
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And the promos for the finale as well! Find the Canadian one on YT if you haven't already seen it :eek:
    Any guesses as to who dies? Looks like it could be Lexie or Arizona - both fit with all the spoiler hints, and both ladies have plausible family reasons for asking to be released from their contracts! My guess is it'll be Arizona, storylines for her and Callie have been entirely too quiet this season, and there was a lot of foreshadowing in last night's episode! But then again Lexie dying would be heartbreaking not long after she poured her heart out to Mark....
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A jaw dropping ending.
    Although I'm not sure any organisation would risk putting so many of its senior staff onto one plane

So is Grey's going to go all Lost on us next season?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Episode 23 was just insane! But this is what I think will happen in the finale...
    ...I think that either Lexie or Arizona will die :'( I think this because I know that the actress who plays Arizona is pregnant and I just that if they killed Lexie it would be good timing due to the her and Mark situation. However, it could be someone else who we don't know as on the Canadian Finale preview you see a mysterious hand tapping on the side of the plane with the body underneath, it could even be Mark or Derek but Christina, Derek, Meredith, Webber and Miranda have all signed a new two year contract so I don't think any if them will die.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    A jaw dropping ending.
    Although I'm not sure any organisation would risk putting so many of its senior staff onto one plane

So is Grey's going to go all Lost on us next season?

It's really only 3 senior staff - Derek, Mark and Arizona, and the only reason Arizona was even on the plane was because she stopped Alex from going because she was mad at him. Cristina and Meredith are technically still residents.

I think Grey's is gonig all Lost for 1 or 2 episodes maybe,
    it sounds like the finale will leave us asking questions as to who's definitely going to be around next year...

Episode 23 was just insane! But this is what I think will happen in the finale...
    ...I think that either Lexie or Arizona will die :'( I think this because I know that the actress who plays Arizona is pregnant and I just that if they killed Lexie it would be good timing due to the her and Mark situation. However, it could be someone else who we don't know as on the Canadian Finale preview you see a mysterious hand tapping on the side of the plane with the body underneath, it could even be Mark or Derek but Christina, Derek, Meredith, Webber and Miranda have all signed a new two year contract so I don't think any if them will die.
    I think the hand tapping the side of the plane is Lexie, especially as the promo cut straight to Mark reacting after that! The actress who plays Lexie has 4 kids, so it's quite possible she's decided to leave, but I think it's more likely to be Arizona. I don't think that people are safe just because they've apparently signed contracts - Patrick Dempsey's talked a lot about wanting more time to go motor racing, so it would be a twist if Derek was the one who died and he then only appears next year in flashbacks and memories as Meredith deals with grief...

I agree that it's more likely to be Arizona or Lexie though.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    i am assuming
    arizona will die and this will lead in to mark and lexie getting back together, well that would be my preference if anyone dies, unless kepner is on the plane lol

i thought mer and der were leaving at the end of this season but sure someone wrote somewhere they have signed new contracts???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    i am assuming
    arizona will die and this will lead in to mark and lexie getting back together, well that would be my preference if anyone dies, unless kepner is on the plane lol

i thought mer and der were leaving at the end of this season but sure someone wrote somewhere they have signed new contracts???

Yes, Christina, Derek, Meredith, Miranda and Chief Webber have all signed another 2 year contract, which means hopefully they will be fine :)
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a rumoured spoiler posted in the comments on an article about those who have signed for next year.
    Details in the spoiler:
    The poster said that they work for a realtor's in New York and that Sarah Ramirez had been in looking at properties as she was moving back to New York. Apparently she did not choose to leave, but was looking forward to new opportunities.
    BIG IF the comment was genuine, then it is a double bluff in Shonda's usual style and it is Callie, who dies.
    How true who knows!
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hugsie wrote: »
    I saw a rumoured spoiler posted in the comments on an article about those who have signed for next year.
    Details in the spoiler:
    The poster said that they work for a realtor's in New York and that Sarah Ramirez had been in looking at properties as she was moving back to New York. Apparently she did not choose to leave, but was looking forward to new opportunities.
    BIG IF the comment was genuine, then it is a double bluff in Shonda's usual style and it is Callie, who dies.
    How true who knows!
    No! :cry::cry::cry: I refuse to believe it's Callie, that's even worse than Arizona and Lexie. I don't really want anyone to die, but if someone does I hope it's April as she doesn't add anything to the show.

That said if this means Sara Ramirez is going back to broadway then it isn't so bad, just means I've got to somehow find the money to go. Sara Ramirez is one of the few people I've said I would pay out to go to New York and see. Her voice is phenomenal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hugsie wrote: »
    Details in the spoiler:
    How true who knows!
    I doubt Sara Ramirez was written out without her consent, Shonda Rimes seems to love her and basically kept the musical episode idea until it could be written to fit Callie's storyline. Shonda was under no obligation to keep Sara on after the 7-episode guest arc ABC promised her on whatever show she wanted, but 6 years later she's still there. I hope I'm right in thinking Callie's on Shonda's list of characters she can't kill...

And frankly, I'll be more than a bit disappointed if it's true - Callie dying wouldn't be the big heartbreaking death it's supposed to be given she had a near-death experience only 1 season ago.

I also find it very strange that someone would post something random like that on the internet, and even if it is true, just because she's looking to buy a property in NY doesn't mean she's permanently moving back there. She might just be thinking about it for the future (she is getting married after all) and with the economic situation at the minute it's a decent time to buy. It's telling that I've not seen that rumour anywhere else, whereas the plane crash rumour was flying around the internet for days before it was aired, and a report from someone who was supposedly an extra has turned out to be completely accurate so far, and seemed to point towards Arizona being seriously injured.

I also don't subscribe to the idea that those who've signed contracts are safe from being killed off - it's not like Shonda to let something so huge leak, so there must be a twist somehow. I do still think Arizona or Lexie are the likely casualties though...

If it is true I'll be upset - the only characters on GA I would be really upset to lose are Callie, Cristina, Bailey and Mark, and I think killing Callie makes no sense at the minute - basically all she's done all season is coach Meredith through the boards, so to kill her off now would really come out of nowhere. Part of me thinks someone's taken the scene of Callie promising not to leave Arizona and extrapolated a slightly plausible made-up spoiler from that. It makes far less sense for Sara to leave than basically everyone else in the cast, unless she's got an offer to go back to Broadway...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My money is on April being the one who dies - she failed her boards, has no job options and the last time we saw her she was drunk, angry and upset. I just can't see them killing off Lexie or Arizona.