Benidorm - Series 6

Gaz.BazGaz.Baz Posts: 1,878
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Series 6 has been unofficially confirmed on twitter (benidormtweets) and filming is due to start next march:

heres some exerpts:

RT @DerrenLitten: "I can unofficially confirm there will be a 6th series of Benidorm. I am unofficially writing it now."

Asa Elliott ‏@AsaElliott

@trishaohara unofficially in March

and more here:

http://www.tumbit.com/news/articles/6010-benidorm-writer-announces-6th-series.html

cant wait ... just hope somehow they get johnny vegas back :):)

Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its official filming will begin in March. Derren Litten Tweeted it on 17 november :D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leanne5058 wrote: »
    its official filming will begin in March. Derren Litten Tweeted it on 17 november :D

Brilliant news! Cant wait for the new series!!
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    I lost interest in this when they did the special. The first 2 series were very funny, but went down hill for me :(
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have stopped after series 3.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news - but probably no Gavin as Hugh Sachs joins the West End cast of 'One Man Two Guvnors' in January for six months.

...and will Janice not be filming Downton at the same time...?
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,235
    Forum Member
    I thought the last series was a slight return to form (well a step in the right direction anyway) after a dire series 4, so I'm looking forward to it.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the last series was a slight return to form (well a step in the right direction anyway) after a dire series 4, so I'm looking forward to it.

I didn't like series 5. Series 3 was the best and 4 was OK. I would like Martin to be in it again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    Great news - but probably no Gavin as Hugh Sachs joins the West End cast of 'One Man Two Guvnors' in January for six months.

...and will Janice not be filming Downton at the same time...?

She (Janice) is also filming The Syndicate but I guess they chose March as it was a period where all stars were available?
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    The synchronised swimming episode was my favourite. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The synchronised swimming episode was my favourite. :D

It was my favourite episode from series 5 too. I really really really dislike the episode where Micks brother comes to visit. I always skip that episode when rewatching it.
  • annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met the actress who plays Noreen on the way home from a night out in Birkenhead in May and she said that Gavin was not in the next series.

She was absolutely charming in real life by the way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annielou wrote: »
    I met the actress who plays Noreen on the way home from a night out in Birkenhead in May and she said that Gavin was not in the next series.

Gavin hinted at the end of last series that he wanted somewhere more upmarket next year which suggested he wasn't coming back for more!
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Gavin hinted at the end of last series that he wanted somewhere more upmarket next year which suggested he wasn't coming back for more!

Shame, as Gavin's my favourite character - but tbh he was a bit lost without Troy. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Mel
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,770
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    Shame, as Gavin's my favourite character - but tbh he was a bit lost without Troy. :(

Aw, I loved Gavin and Troy. :(
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annielou wrote: »

Awww, I love Noreen. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member

I would agree with that! The newer characters didn't work and would have been happy for that to be the last, but the little tweaks in series 5 worked and it was enjoyable!
  • wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    I hope Telle and The Oracle come back :(
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Telle and The Oracle come back :(
    Derren has said that there is no return for the Oracle...I don't think he wants to work with Johnny Vegas again

I've put the spoilers in in case
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I love Benidorm, it has its good and bad episodes & characters like that mouthy ginger scouser & her mate Sam, who they really could have cut out as they spoiled it, but 95% of it is funny and I love it.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't Benidorm had its day? The special should of been the end to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I lost interest in this when they did the special. The first 2 series were very funny, but went down hill for me :(
    tangsman wrote: »
    Should have stopped after series 3.

I concur, the first two series were very good... the third saw the slide & they should have wrapped things up then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - I enjoy it. It makes me laugh - everyone on here always says "after series two it went down hill". I suspect the same will be said about homeland soon..
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 1 was really good as it was a novelty and trying to relate the characters to the people that we have been on holiday with. Season 2 was good as it kept the comedy but then it became a show where storylines are needed to keep an audience and it went downhill. Having said that, Sherrie Hewson and Tim Healey were great additions to the cast