Options

Mouldy rolls ruin family BBQ

124»

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    This happened to me once. I bought a loaf of bread from coop and was tucking into a bacon sandwich, when I noticed mould on the bread. The worst thing if all was THE BREAD WAS STILL IN DATE.
    I suffered in silence for years, I only wish I was as brave as this woman. Let's hope she gets the payout she deserves.

I had something like that happen to me with a packet of biscuits, only it was some sort of oil that was on them, not mould. I did get traumatised at finding a very sharp bone or tooth in some Birds Eye Chicken Dippers as a kid (I don't have a photo of it but it looked like some sort of animal tooth), but that was a different case as that could have done a lot of damage to my throat if I'd swallowed it. I probably would have ended up in hospital or I might not even be here typing this :(
  • Options
    FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I wonder how long before we see a fund raising page for the family to go to Disneyland to get over their stress from the tragedy and then a swimsuit shoot for a tabloid , entry to Miss Croydon Facelift and Celebrity Big Brother .

Screw fundraiser, we must get the UN involved. Who cares about Gaza or Israel, We got moldy bread here. That grocery store committed a terrorist act against these brave young heroes, but thankfully they were able to battle against all odds to bring it to the attention of the public.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Through that link I just discovered Angry People in Local Newspapers :D

That is fabulous, thank you!
  • Options
    spikydogspikydog Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She says the rolls were replaced but she got no apology. I can't think how the staff could have listened to her story, agreed to replace the rolls and never used the word 'sorry' once. That's all it would take to constitute an apology and I am sure the word had to be used but clearly this woman's definition of apology is a wad of cash.

No story here, move along..............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that when reading that website the movie "Idiocracy" kept popping into my head?
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    FIN-MAN wrote: »
    Am I the only one that when reading that website the movie "Idiocracy" kept popping into my head?

It is the way the human population is heading now, the layabout no hopers who cant support their own family breed like rabbits, while those with jobs paying their way are careful abput how many children they have.
  • Options
    HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,290
    Forum Member
    I can't believe this thread is four pages long and no-one's done it yet!! :o

Oh well, someone had to!!

Lieutenant Pigeon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe this thread is four pages long and no-one's done it yet!! :o

Oh well, someone had to!!

Lieutenant Pigeon

Haha, holy crap what was that? You Brits had some serious dance moves back in the day. :)
  • Options
    Keith_13Keith_13 Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the comments

Jiffy | Friday, July 25 2014, 12:31PM
    16 rolls for 30 plus people? How many fish did she have ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You lot asked for it, here it is: Mouldy Rolls Barbecue Anger

You're welcome
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member

I love the picture - The girl looking miffed holding the bag out, the boy covering his nose, the mum holding the bread roll out :D Almost as good as when the mail run a story about them people that had to sleep in their car and showed us a picture of them pretending to sleep in car for purposes of the article :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duckorange wrote: »
    You lot asked for it, here it is: Mouldy Rolls Barbecue Anger

You're welcome

Yay! :D
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What have I said ???

Wuss! :D
  • Options
    greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the picture - The girl looking miffed holding the bag out, the boy covering his nose, the mum holding the bread roll out :D Almost as good as when the mail run a story about them people that had to sleep in their car and showed us a picture of them pretending to sleep in car for purposes of the article :D

You don't mean The Chawners do you? I bet their buns were mouldy.
  • Options
    evolution202evolution202 Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    greengran wrote: »
    You don't mean The Chawners do you? I bet their buns were mouldy.

I don't think food lasts long enough in the Chawner household to go mouldy
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leaving the washing up as well.. Classy