Options

Was Simon too hard on Overload?

13»

Comments

• Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he was really nasty, he put them through and was part of the decision making to bring them back, so why be so unfair. They are just a nice bunch of lads trying to make a career for themselves, they are nowhere near ready, but they can sing, they just need time to learn their craft.

I gather they do have a single in the pipeline, so maybe that is why Simon got rattled by them. I seem to remember his precious One Direction, who never stayed in tune throughout a song.
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    It was wrong to say 'The one in the middle looked gormless' - mortifying to be singled out :blush:

Did he lie?
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trigger64 wrote: »
    Watch the results show you will change your opinion!!!!

Haven't changed my opinion. Stephanie was bad but Overload were appalling.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's sad to say but these young lads really should be working in somewhere like USC or River Island. They're not singers, none of them.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarrely, the one in the middle is the older brother of the little kid from Bars and Melody
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarrely, the one in the middle is the older brother of the little kid from Bars and Melody

And share the same manager
  • Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was totally justified an done us all a favour. Ensured by bringing em to live shows they can't come back next year. Get in

It was the blind guy that ruined the whole thing totally up his own ass
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trash should always be put in the bin . .
  • Options
    Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    It certainly felt very over the top from Simon. Makes me wonder if something has gone on backstage. He's not normally that mean to acts - especially not the younger ones.
    Kelli100 wrote: »
    Agreed. They were awful and deserved to go (and didn't deserve to be there in the first place). However Simon was unnecessarily cruel, in a way that he isn't usually. He really kicked them when they were down and to call one of them 'gormless' after their first performance was vicious and harsh. There's definitely something going on between Simon and the group or their management. I suspect that Simon wanted Concept to be put through (due to Harry Styles connection), but the producers probably thought that OG would pull in more votes due to their popularity at boot camp.

Concept would have been out before Blonde Electra. They were really boring and there was nothing unique about them. I wonder if Simon's reaction to Overload was a reflection of what's gone on with their management. Of course the management comonay would have a share in whatever the group make and that does not sit well with Simon. With the piece boyband, he has complete control financially and creatively.

I guess Overload slagging off the X Factor to press a year ago didn't help either.
    http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/197091-x-factor-2014-overload-said-theyd-never-go-on-the-show-just-last-year.html

You do wonder if the boys were a bit cocky back stage and if there is more than what the viewers are seeing.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Way too hard considering that he engineered their place in the last 16.

Louis didn't even have them in his last 6