The "stress" thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Firstly I'm not sure what forum I should of posted this in so feel free to move it if needs be :p. Just though I would start a thread to let FM rant about what is stressing them out the most at the moment.

At the moment there are two things that are making to go a bit crazy with stress. First of all I'm not going to finish uni this year, various issues means there is no way I can finish my work to an acceptable standard. I don't mind re-doing it next year, on the other hand I'm worried that things won't get finished next year either, even though things should be a lot easier in life.

The other thing that is causing me worry is that my mum is desperate to move house, we're all unhappy here and had some pretty bad times. She has finally sorted everything and had an offer accepted on a new house, but a surveyor is coming on Monday and I'm really worried that he is going to say something which will bring the offer on our house down, meaning there is no chance we can move :(.

I'm not really looking for advice (hence posted in GD), maybe just looking for someone to send me some good karma :p. What is stressing you out at the moment? New job, exams e.t.c? Anyone else want to rant away like I feel like doing :D.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinba wrote: »
    I'm stressed. Look at my 'ripped of abroad' thread... Boo Hooooooooo... Booo Hoooooooooo :cry:

I saw that, I can totally understand why you're stressed! Hope things get better for you soon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,908
    Forum Member
    Good Luck Neb x :)
    Mine is a stupid stress! :o

I've been stressed out for days on whether to go to a wedding where my ex will be. Seriously, seriously thinking of boycotting it.

Since we parted, a few years back, he emigrated to Australia, and I'm now settled with my O/H. He's coming back for the wedding. Thing is when he saw me last I was very physically fit and toned.

Now..welll....that's another strory! He was and still is a Physical trainer that looks like Will Smith...oohhh deaaarrr!!!!
    I know it shouldn't matter, but it does! :o :rolleyes: I dunno, the jury is still out.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only get stressed at things that are out of my control like when i'm in the car when my dad's driving, he scares the living crap out of me and i'm forever pressing the imaginary brake on the passenger side.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Riccy wrote: »

I've been stressed out for days on whether to go to a wedding where my ex will be. Seriously, seriously thinking of boycotting it.

Since we parted, a few years back, he emigrated to Australia, and I'm now settled with my O/H. He's coming back for the wedding. Thing is when he saw me last I was very physically fit and toned.

Now..welll....that's another strory! He was and still is a Physical trainer that looks like Will Smith...oohhh deaaarrr!!!!
    I know it shouldn't matter, but it does! :o :rolleyes: I dunno, the jury is still out.

Aw, go with your OH with your head held high and a big grin and ignore him all day (despite Will Smith looks :o). Just enjoy the day :).
    Picto wrote: »
    I only get stressed at things that are out of my control like when i'm in the car when my dad's driving, he scares the living crap out of me and i'm forever pressing the imaginary brake on the passenger side.

I don't drive myself yet but I'm worried I'll end up driving like my mum. She often is oblivious to where she's driving and rang me up the other week to tell me she had driven into a pole (object not person!) at Tescos. Then she wonders why I'm worried about her driving!
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not stressed. Oh no not at all.

However if that bloke opposite doesn't stop growling at me I'm gonna make him eat his f*****g CHAIR. :mad:

*twitch*
    Forum Member
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    Aw, go with your OH with your head held high and a big grin and ignore him all day (despite Will Smith looks :o). Just enjoy the day :).

I've heard he's already asked my friend about me! But I think you may be right! I did by a sexy new dress, but I'm just over-thinking everything. Will work it out! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard he's already asked my friend about me! But I think you may be right! I did by a sexy new dress, but I'm just over-thinking everything. Will work it out! :)

A sexy dress must not be wasted!! Go and look fabulous, I'm sure you will have a great time :D
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only the shite mental health services round here stress me a little today but im generally feeling epic and carefree....check back in 3 or 4 days I'm sure I'll find a good couple pages worth of woes.
  • Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always stressed:(, if there's nothing to stress about, I stress about the lack of nothing to stress about :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    Only the shite mental health services round here stress me a little today but im generally feeling epic and carefree....check back in 3 or 4 days I'm sure I'll find a good couple pages worth of woes.

Oh don't get me started, I've had to change surgeries since I've come home, seriously running low on my ADs and they told me either wait 6-8 weeks for an appointment or make an emergency one. I feel bad about doing the latter as I just need to make sure I'm still on the right dosage before getting a new lot, feel like I might be taking the time away from someone who really needs it :/.
    Forum Member
    Ada Rabble wrote: »
    I'm always stressed:(, if there's nothing to stress about, I stress about the lack of nothing to stress about :(

....only about once a month for me...;)
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    A sexy dress must not be wasted!! Go and look fabulous, I'm sure you will have a great time :D
    ;)
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm stressed! I just had the most pointless appointment-- which I waited a month for-- with possibly the most dismissive, cold fish of a GP I've ever come across, I have to go back to the dentist tomorrow and in three days' time I am going to embark on a 12 hour plane journey with a seventeen month old! :eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can I go?? :D
  • DJPTDJPT Posts: 4,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

There, I feel less-stressed now :)
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS sosmtimes stresses me big time!
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive had a a stressful day oh lord was it stressful and i gotta do the same tomorrow arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS sosmtimes stresses me big time!

See....I cant even type properly when I'm on here! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a really funny typo. :D
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I don't get stressed, not any more :) Citalopram is a wonderful thing :D:D:D
  • DJPTDJPT Posts: 4,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See....I cant even type properly when I'm on here! :eek:

I had to re-read it three times to spot the mistake! :eek::o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    I don't get stressed, not any more :) Citalopram is a wonderful thing :D:D:D

It is, totally sorted out my anxiety attacks but I think I need to up my dose to be totally stress free :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJPT wrote: »
    I had to re-read it three times to spot the mistake! :eek::o

See I never ever noticed it when I typed it!

We're BOTH stressed!
  • KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not stressed. Oh no not at all.

However if that bloke opposite doesn't stop growling at me I'm gonna make him eat his f*****g CHAIR. :mad:

*twitch*

And how you feeling now?? :D
    epicurian wrote: »
    I'm stressed! I just had the most pointless appointment-- which I waited a month for-- with possibly the most dismissive, cold fish of a GP I've ever come across, I have to go back to the dentist tomorrow and in three days' time I am going to embark on a 12 hour plane journey with a seventeen month old! :eek::eek:

Dentist :eek:
    By the length of that flight, are you coming over to the dark side to visit us possibly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinda wrote: »
    And how you feeling now?? :D

Dentist :eek:
    By the length of that flight, are you coming over to the dark side to visit us possibly?

Yes, dentist. I swear I'm not an anti-dentite, but three visits in three weeks is not making me their biggest fan!

Yep, I'm heading to sunny Seattle for a whole month! I'd like to say I'm looking forward to it, but I can't seem to make it past the mental and emotional hurdle of flying solo with a rambunctious toddler since I'm fairly sure I'm not allowed to drug her. :rolleyes::D
  • KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Yes, dentist. I swear I'm not an anti-dentite, but three visits in three weeks is not making me their biggest fan!

Yep, I'm heading to sunny Seattle for a whole month! I'd like to say I'm looking forward to it, but I can't seem to make it past the mental and emotional hurdle of flying solo with a rambunctious toddler since I'm fairly sure I'm not allowed to drug her. :rolleyes::D

12 is stressful...do you have a stopover some where? It's 6 for me, so would assume at the worst it would be a 9 for you! Let her watch the cartoon channel non-stop and hopefully there will be other little kids on board to distract her! If nothing else works, focus hard on the month long r&r images and the sound of her tantrum will fade away...:p