Camilla "could be Queen," warns Charles

The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331296/Camilla-Queen-Charles-breaks-year-silence-future-role-second-wife.html

Old Charlie has apparently suggested Camilla could be Queen after all.
You all remember Camilla - she was the bint Charles carried on with while Diana's "accident" was being arranged.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331296/Camilla-Queen-Charles-breaks-year-silence-future-role-second-wife.html

You all remember Camilla - she was the bint Charles carried on with while Diana's "accident" was being arranged.

I like Camilla, as much as i can like someone without knowing them.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's what you get with a undemocratic system. Like it or lump it. :rolleyes:
  • Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope England is enjoying all this.

they are your bosses!

lol
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:rolleyes:

If the Princes can like her and be ok with it. Everyone should be ok with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, that's the spin isn't it? Apparently not so behind closed doors.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see no logical reason why she shouldn't be.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he is king there is no legal way that she will not be queen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read the article again and it isn't so clear. It just looks like he was caught on the hop and no wonder he felt uncomfortable if the rumours of them both now living separate lives are true.
  • The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The unelected monarchy don't tell me what to like or what not to like, thank you.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »

QFT. :)
  • estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look monarchists... can't you just accept that we're going to have a pampered, jug-eared prat and a horse-faced trollop on the throne one day?

Those are the rules of a hereditary monarchy. You support it, deal with its downsides...
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will have to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail again, I think.
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *big shrug*
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monarchists unite and demand your right to choose.
  • The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    Monarchists unite and demand your right to choose.

That would be a democratic republic, not a monarchy. Which, by the way, is exactly what this country needs.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »

Yep, nothing 'could be' about it. Unless people are happy with changing our constitution on a whim. Which starts a precedent.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he will be King and she is his wife she will be Queen. Diana can spin in her grave so hard we could harness it to power a small town, but unless we grow some balls and abolish the monarchy it's going to happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look monarchists... can't you just accept that we're going to have a pampered, jug-eared prat and a horse-faced trollop on the throne one day?

Those are the rules of a hereditary monarchy. You support it, deal with its downsides...

I think overall Charles is a fairly decent guy who does a lot of good things, fair enough he's aired some views at times that have pissed people off but who hasn't.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,507
    Forum Member
    That would be a democratic republic, not a monarchy. Which, by the way, is exactly what this country needs.

UK is in effect a democratic monarchy, isn't it?

I suggest that UK is very much more democratic than many democratic republics such as, to name one of the biggest, Russia, which has an elected President and Parliament with a Prime Minister. Having a democratic republic does not necessarily mean a better democracy and often it's the reverse.
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The unelected monarchy don't tell me what to like or what not to like, thank you.

If you're so against them why don't you start a revolution or something? Instead of adding stupid suggestions that Diana was murdered. :rolleyes:
  • PFKA EBPFKA EB Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    UK is in effect a democratic monarchy, isn't it?

I suggest that UK is very much more democratic than many democratic republics such as, to name one of the biggest, Russia, which has an elected President and Parliament with a Prime Minister. Having a democratic republic does not necessarily mean a better democracy and often it's the reverse.

This.... the only people complaining as far as I can see on this thread are republicans, we have a constitutional monarchy it is a form of government in which a monarch acts as head of state within the parameters of a written (i.e., codified), unwritten (i.e., uncodified) or blended constitution.
    It differs from absolute monarchy in that an absolute monarch serves as the sole source of political power in the state and is not legally bound by any constitution.
    Most constitutional monarchies employ a parliamentary system in which the Monarch may have strictly Ceremonial duties or may have Reserve Powers, depending on the constitution, have a directly or indirectly elected prime minister who is the head of government and exercises effective political power.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    queen camilla....brilliant :D why the hell shouldnt she be queen if married to the king? :confused:
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member

Eh? Monarchists do accept it don't they? It's the republicans that have to deal with its downsides (as they see it). :confused:
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh go back to your hedge row Chaz
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Why "warns"? :confused: Is Camilla being Queen bad or have I missed something?