Benidorm series 5

simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know when it starts ?

I see ITV1 are currently repeating the 4th series maybe it will be on after that ?

What characters will be in it as a couple have gone and it wouldn't be right to have the same guests at the same hotel year after year.

Looking forward to new series :)

Comments

• fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to it but i'm a bit apprehensive as Series 1-3 was fantastic, series 4 not so good so I'm hoping that series 5 will be back up to the standard of the earlier series.

I hear that Steve Pemberton (Mick Garvey) has written three of the episodes for series 5 as well.
  • Supersonic GuySupersonic Guy Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 5 starts on 24th Feb, I too am hoping it's better than series 4.
    Forum Member
    Series 5 starts on 24th Feb,.

Fab thanks :)
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SWEET!!! more antics of madge! though where is donald?
  • sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Series 5 is better than Series 4.
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 5 starts on 24th Feb, I too am hoping it's better than series 4.

Excellent Thank you.

Can't wait.

I liked series 4, though I know many that didn't like it or as much.

Good to hear Steve Pemberton has written some episodes, is there 6 episodes, has the guy that wrote the first 4 series written any as didn't he say after the fourth he wouldn't write anymore ?

I hope theres some new characters to to keep it fresh.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    may as well throw myself in it ... is it only getting shown on ITV1 or is STV showing as well ... anyone know??
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    I hope they bring it 'back down to earth' a bit. Series 1-3 was about reasonably normal characters on holiday, getting thrown in to unusual situations...season4 just became a big slapstick farce.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it but i'm a bit apprehensive as Series 1-3 was fantastic, series 4 not so good so I'm hoping that series 5 will be back up to the standard of the earlier series.

I hear that Steve Pemberton (Mick Garvey) has written three of the episodes for series 5 as well.

COOOL! :cool:
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prepare for some crazy goings on if Steve has written for the show! I can't wait!!
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news,ive heard Chrisy Rock has left the cast, Mataeo takes her job, don;t know this for a fact just told by someone.
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sherrie Hewson has joined the cast.

Yep, Sherrie from loose women :D
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for madge to be back on my screen :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TRIPS wrote: »
    Great news,ive heard Chrisy Rock has left the cast, Mataeo takes her job, don;t know this for a fact just told by someone.

Sherrie Hewson's the new hotel boss

here's the publicity pic for returning characters and new ones

http://db3.stb.s-msn.com/i/B5/65B41A9D16E023B416C894EB7E6B2A.JPG

Matthew Kelly and Kate O'Mara make guest appearances
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised to see the chappy who played kenneth is still around for series 5, as i didnt think Gavin, would take him on holiday with him again, i always assumed with series 4, Gavin asked Kenneth, the day before they left kinda thing, if he would go in troys place.

How are they gonna work around Donald, as those characters all thought he only had 3 months left, maybe they will say in the end treatment did work.

Sad to see no chrissy rock, but i guess at times u need to move on.

Also Noreen seems to be on her own, funny how they all end up at same place at same time lol.

Pity they couldnt have ditched thaty squeely whiney one who used to be in 2 pints her voice just grates
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised to see the chappy who played kenneth is still around for series 5, as i didnt think Gavin, would take him on holiday with him again, i always assumed with series 4, Gavin asked Kenneth, the day before they left kinda thing, if he would go in troys place.

How are they gonna work around Donald, as those characters all thought he only had 3 months left, maybe they will say in the end treatment did work.

Sad to see no chrissy rock, but i guess at times u need to move on.

Also Noreen seems to be on her own, funny how they all end up at same place at same time lol.

Pity they couldnt have ditched thaty squeely whiney one who used to be in 2 pints her voice just grates

Apparently the character of Kenneth lives in Benidorm now (he has a hairdressing salon in the Solana resort so he's not on holiday :)) .... also the one from 2 Pints (she played Natalie last year) isn't in this series .... Sam has a different friend on holiday with her :)
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the cast is not as as strong as it used to be, i find 'lesley's' son and those 2 girls very annoying.
    Forum Member
    J-J wrote: »
    the cast is not as as strong as it used to be, i find 'lesley's' son and those 2 girls very annoying.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the new series of Benidorm. Donald and Jaqueline are definately in it so it'll be interesting to see how that storyline works out.
  • REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meeeting the same people every year is not that unusual. Hotels often offer special deals if you rebook for the following year.
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you do get some people who go on holiday to the same place year after year.

I expected a few new characters though to keep it fresh, or I thought it would concentrate more on The Garvey family as they've always been the main characters and they got the bar at the end of the last series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simonk243 wrote: »
    Yes you do get some people who go on holiday to the same place year after year.

I expected a few new characters though to keep it fresh, or I thought it would concentrate more on The Garvey family as they've always been the main characters and they got the bar at the end of the last series.

yes it'll be interesting how they deal with a few of the loose ends from the last series

From following some of the cast etc on Twitter, it appears that Michael Fenton Stevens is in it again (he played the embassy bloke who saw that Donald was still alive in Morocco) ... but not sure how they'll explain Donald's return to the rest of the holiday makers

Now that Madge has the new bar it'll be intereting to see how much that's utilised and if they use "Neptunes" as much (although again according to tweets etc they seemed to be still doing a lot of filming at Morgan's Tavern/Neptunes)

Then we have the revelation that Mateo has a wife and kids ... wonder if that'll be addressed and if they make an appearance or are just spoken about
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great, looking forward to seeing this again. :D
  • dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to series 5 which starts this month.
  • dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many episodes will there be in this series?