MIRROR: Nicole Scherzinger to be confirmed as full time judge

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    No, the producers would have decided to do it and pretend it was Nicole's idea for entertainment. Simon only said it was Nicole's idea because he could hardly ruin the illusion that the judges actually have any kind of say, could he?

So you say. That was the first year a group was formed from bootcamp rejects IIRC, it was only after that that the producers starting putting groups together.
  • tvmad999tvmad999 Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are only bringing in Nicole because she can attract more attention from the press and the public and thus increase the ratings
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wasn't bad on our version because she had editors to make her look better. In a live setting she was terrible, and I don't see how she'll be any better here. It's not a case of going into it with a clean slate, because she had a clean slate on the US version. Believe it or not, she doesn't hold much name value there as an individual, so it wasn't like she was judging in front of a country that couldn't stand her from the get go.

Nicole didn't work for one reason, that being because she wasn't good. At all. She's just not suited to television, and her one highlight - the one time she wasn't totally boring - was when she made people hate her as a result of the whole Rachel Crow thing. What does that say?

Ultimately it just screams 'She wasn't good enough for America so we'll just dump her on the UK'. With Nicole and Gary on the same panel I doubt I'll be watching, and I'm not just saying that for effect. I'm guessing lots of other people will feel the same when they see the panel in Autumn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    So you say. That was the first year a group was formed from bootcamp rejects IIRC, it was only after that that the producers starting putting groups together.

No, you're wrong. Groups were formed in previous years - Futureproof, etc.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't bad on our version because she had editors to make her look better. In a live setting she was terrible, and I don't see how she'll be any better here. It's not a case of going into it with a clean slate, because she had a clean slate on the US version. Believe it or not, she doesn't hold much name value there as an individual, so it wasn't like she was judging in front of a country that couldn't stand her from the get go.

She didn't. A lot of US media was against her after the Pussycat Dolls allegations, and her odd behaviour only made things worse. Since Nicole didn't have that baggage in the UK, she was well received, hence her solo success with a #2 and #1 single and enhanced media presence...
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they missed a big trick not getting Geri but I like Nicole and look forward to seeing her on it again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OH F**K OFF NICOLE!

Sorry but literally NOTHING is exciting about this series. I'll watch the episodes that have Geri and Mel B guest judging in and then after that I probably won't even bother.
  • wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    I think given the increasingly worrying ratings and levels of interest in last year's XF show, the tour and then the trend continuing for BGT and the Voice, what XF needs is someone who is going to make people sit up and take notice and bring viewers back. Nicole (love her or loathe her) isn't that person - it needed someone much more high profile. The fact that Nicole has got the job (assuming this is true) suggests that no-one with that wow factor could be persuaded to take the job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She didn't. A lot of US media was against her after the Pussycat Dolls allegations, and her odd behaviour only made things worse. Since Nicole didn't have that baggage in the UK, she was well received, hence her solo success with a #2 and #1 single and enhanced media presence...

That wouldn't have registered with the vast bulk of the audience though. It wasn't nearly as publicised as Cheryl's past was in the UK, and she wasn't viewed in the same negative light as Dannii was, and yet they both did really well. Nicole wasn't liked because she was very, very dull.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member

No it wasn't. The first year a group was formed by the show was series 4, and it happened several times since then before 1D came along.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=MrAndieMcPhee;58847921]She wasn't bad on our version because she had editors to make her look better. In a live setting she was terrible, and I don't see how she'll be any better here. It's not a case of going into it with a clean slate, because she had a clean slate on the US version. Believe it or not, she doesn't hold much name value there as an individual, so it wasn't like she was judging in front of a country that couldn't stand her from the get go.

Nicole didn't work for one reason, that being because she wasn't good. At all. She's just not suited to television, and her one highlight - the one time she wasn't totally boring - was when she made people hate her as a result of the whole Rachel Crow thing. What does that say?

Ultimately it just screams 'She wasn't good enough for America so we'll just dump her on the UK'. With Nicole and Gary on the same panel I doubt I'll be watching, and I'm not just saying that for effect. I'm guessing lots of other people will feel the same when they see the panel in Autumn.[/QUOTE]

Spot on :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone knows anyone going to the Newcastle auditions which Nicole is apparently attending, tell them to rally up some booing for anything she says.

I know this seems like a really stupid post but I'm running out of ideas. SHE MUST BE STOPPED.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disliked her on TXF USA but she was great on The X Factor UK auditions in 2010
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    wsidi wrote: »
    If anyone knows anyone going to the Newcastle auditions which Nicole is apparently attending, tell them to rally up some booing for anything she says.

I know this seems like a really stupid post but I'm running out of ideas. SHE MUST BE STOPPED.

get a grip you pathetic individual!.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might be alright, but I'm going to miss Kelly and think Nicole is a poor imitation really.

She wasn't horrific on the US version, she took too long to get serious though, and because it took so long for her to say something bad, it came across as tactical and slightly malicious. If she's fair and honest throughout she'll do ok, but I was hoping for someone new to step up, like they did with American Idol when they had all the guests then Ellen took the job. (I don't want someone like Ellen, I want someone musical, but same idea, 7 guest judges, none of which become permanent)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps she tried too hard on the US version? Wasn't she also going through a relationship crisis? She might be more relaxed over here - maybe Lois will take her under his wing.

Oh gawd, let's be POSITIVE for a change!
  • Super Roux!Super Roux! Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, I understand Nicole was, well, not great on the US X Factor, but surely she deserves a second chance. She was fired, so that's obviously gotta speak volumes that she must improve from her time on the US panel in order to be a hit here. Producers most likely will have told her not to mention her rainbows, God, fairies, and all those other things she did in the US, and advise her on how she essentially should behave, whilst still having a personality. She isn't the most exciting person, but she is knowledgeable about the music industry and has been through various highs and lows within it, as we know.

From what I have read, I may have preferred Mel B, but still, I'm happy with Nicole.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the face of it, this is a poor signing. But it has been clear for months that the budget isn't there. Inevitably we're a distant second best to the US version - Nicole will be lucky to be earning a tenth of what they're paying Britney. So in a scenario where the best result was to hire a "5/10" kind of judge, they've probably got a 4.5/10. :p

I think they'll tell her to play it more reserved. Just focus on looking nice and playing with Louis. Pray that, as in 2010, people will be seduced by her American accent and good looks! At least they know that it has worked in the UK before for her. They'll find it a bit easier to hype her up - tabloids like pictures of her (and Lewis), she has had some relatively recent success here and I have no doubt they'll emphasise her success in the 2010 series (and say she put 1D together).

It is incredible how things change. I remember in 2010 the sheer volume of threads declaring Nicole to have "class" and comparing her very favourably to "chavvy" Cheryl Cole.

For now, I'm not overly impressed. This is hardly an inspiring appointment and the guest judges weren't exactly big names. There don't even seem to be any great stories coming out of the auditions.They could have used something like the popular girl from The Voice (Harriett?) that nobody turned around for (back when people watched that show!). Or Gamu trying again. Or someone covering a Cheryl Cole song (doing it live, doing it well and on X Factor - the tabloids would love it!). The only plus side is that Gary and Tulisa have been working hard to raise their profiles.

This is basically Big Brother 8 - a series that really needs a bit push. Ironically, every year of X Factor until now has always been pushed as being bigger, better, refreshed. That's not really coming across in these early stages.
  • clare32clare32 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Don't actually mind that idea to be honest.

I do think she is quite similar to Kelly though.

True couldnt agree more
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    On the face of it, this is a poor signing. But it has been clear for months that the budget isn't there. Inevitably we're a distant second best to the US version - Nicole will be lucky to be earning a tenth of what they're paying Britney. So in a scenario where the best result was to hire a "5/10" kind of judge, they've probably got a 4.5/10. :p

I think they'll tell her to play it more reserved. Just focus on looking nice and playing with Louis. Pray that, as in 2010, people will be seduced by her American accent and good looks! At least they know that it has worked in the UK before for her. They'll find it a bit easier to hype her up - tabloids like pictures of her (and Lewis), she has had some relatively recent success here and I have no doubt they'll emphasise her success in the 2010 series (and say she put 1D together).

It is incredible how things change. I remember in 2010 the sheer volume of threads declaring Nicole to have "class" and comparing her very favourably to "chavvy" Cheryl Cole.

For now, I'm not overly impressed. This is hardly an inspiring appointment and the guest judges weren't exactly big names. There don't even seem to be any great stories coming out of the auditions.They could have used something like the popular girl from The Voice (Harriett?) that nobody turned around for (back when people watched that show!). Or Gamu trying again. Or someone covering a Cheryl Cole song (doing it live, doing it well and on X Factor - the tabloids would love it!). The only plus side is that Gary and Tulisa have been working hard to raise their profiles.

This is basically Big Brother 8 - a series that really needs a bit push. Ironically, every year of X Factor until now has always been pushed as being bigger, better, refreshed. That's not really coming across in these early stages.

i was hoping they would do this but i dont think they will :(
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please God NO She was bland and boring on the US version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kudos to Cheryl for not running back to Simon's arms after he fired her.

Nicole has no self-respect. She was fired from X Factor, the show humiliated her in the U.S. as she was universally panned and criticized. Now she wants to do it again? "Ambitious" is the wrong word, more like "stupid".

And what happened to "I decided to leave X Factor to focus on my music".... What a joke.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ablahh wrote: »

Nicole has no self-respect. She was fired from X Factor, the show humiliated her in the U.S. as she was universally panned and criticized. Now she wants to do it again? "Ambitious" is the wrong word, more like "stupid".

And what happened to "I decided to leave X Factor to focus on my music".... What a joke.

yeah, i forgot about that.:o
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member

The UK is her most loyal market, this could be good for her.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It worked remarkably well for her in 2010, she's obviously hoping that it might work again.

In terms of working for Simon again, perhaps she's just sensible enough to realise the whole "business not personal" thing? AFAIK Simon and Nicole aren't exactly close friends.

Do you think Simon (and every other successful TV producer) has no self respect because they continue to work for networks that have dropped their shows in the past?

That was foolish, especially when she was sacked (or told she'd not be invited back) on the same day that Paula and Steve also got the boot and both of them just came out and owned up to it in remarkable good grace. Several US sites stuck the boot in for that. Indeed, at that point it seemed more likely that Steve or Paula might work for Simon again than Nicole!