Forum Member
Monica martin was amazing
she reminded me of a mix of jessie J and amy winehouse

COME ON :((

Comments

• Options
    Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    I really liked her performance of Trouble Maker. It was well sung and controlled unlike Lola's which was just screeching.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monica martin was amazing
    she reminded me of a mix of jessie J and amy winehouse

COME ON :((

I absolutely would not go that far. She sounded like a lot of female singers who imitate Winehouse/Mary J/Jesse J, actually,but did not remind me of them other than being obviously heavily influenced by them.Having said that,s had a spark of originality and a purer tone and better pitch than most who do so.

She was easily top 3 of the girls vocally, and I heard enough to think she is capable of more than that. She was definitely one of the strongest singers this year.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl was an idiot to let her go. Monica was brilliant. Her singing voice reminded me of Adele. And what was wrong with singing an Olly Murrs song? I'd much rather listen to his music than Cheryl's rubbish songs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    I saw two issues with Monica.

First, to me she looked trashy. I'm sure people will disagree with that, but there you go.

Second, she seemed to have a bit of a defensive attitude, evident when she was quizzed on her song choice. She gave me that "would be difficult to work with" vibe, and I'm sure Cheryl saw it too. I would have shown her the door too.
  • Options
    Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there was one mistake it was Monica . But Cheryl got it right really.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    s_bowes_uk wrote: »
    I saw two issues with Monica.

First, to me she looked trashy. I'm sure people will disagree with that, but there you go.

Second, she seemed to have a bit of a defensive attitude, evident when she was quizzed on her song choice. She gave me that "would be difficult to work with" vibe, and I'm sure Cheryl saw it too. I would have shown her the door too.

First - tbh that's a little rude. I personally think she has a quirky fashion taste. Also the producers don't particularly care about that - look at what they did to Hannah and Tamera every week last year dressing Hannah up in a jumpsuit with a mohawk, and Tamera in raunchy leather jackets - they like the trashy 'urban' look.

Second - Cheryl's not the one deciding, the producers are. And they let Raign through so evidently Simon doesn't care that much when it comes to people being difficult.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    First - tbh that's a little rude. I personally think she has a quirky fashion taste. Also the producers don't particularly care about that - look at what they did to Hannah and Tamera every week last year dressing Hannah up in a jumpsuit with a mohawk, and Tamera in raunchy leather jackets - they like the trashy 'urban' look.

Second - Cheryl's not the one deciding, the producers are. And they let Raign through so evidently Simon doesn't care that much when it comes to people being difficult.

Not here to sugar coat my opinion for the PC police. I thought she looked trashy, period. As for the producers, here's the deal. They'll work with trashy if there's an underlying attractiveness that comes with it. With Monica, that wasn't the case, so nope, the producers won't be sorry to see her go.

Regarding the topic of who's doing the deciding, again, I'll correct you. 95% of the time, the judge IS the one who's doing the deciding. Sometimes, and only sometimes, the producers will intervene when they feel a judge (other than Simon) has made a bad call. That's how it works.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Cheryl only chose Lola because she's geordie. She was shocking!! Monica was far more worthy of a place
  • Options
    lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s_bowes_uk wrote: »

Regarding the topic of who's doing the deciding, again, I'll correct you. 95% of the time, the judge IS the one who's doing the deciding. Sometimes, and only sometimes, the producers will intervene when they feel a judge (other than Simon) has made a bad call. That's how it works.

BIB don't be so naive, this is the producers / simon running things here - they pick