Options

didn't our prince dress up as a nazi ages ago

Norn2Norn2 Posts: 1,984
Forum Member
✭✭✭
iirc our own royal...

umm this is gettting really stupid. people like katie hopkins who have wrote really vile racist things, people like helen getting away scott free.

does free speech only apply to those favoured by ch5, to those sleeping with producers. they really pick and choose don't they.

Comments

• Options
    KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    Oh was he supposed to be going in too?
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it at a private party? Someone snapped him and sold it to the press.

I think with Tila it wasn't so much the costume as the comments. Dressing up for fancy dress doesn't really make you a Nazi sympathiser does it?
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it at a private party? Someone snapped him and sold it to the press.

I think with Tila it wasn't so much the costume as the comments. Dressing up for fancy dress doesn't really make you a Nazi sympathiser does it?

It was pretty poor judgement on his part though - I don't suppose he'll be getting an invite to go on CBB anytime soon.

Apologies for the double post ^^^^
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    Norn2 wrote: »
    iirc our own royal...

Yes. Remove him from the house immediately
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. Remove him from the house immediately

....:D....orf with his head
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also think it was the picture behind her pose that probably wasn't in the best possible taste (as Kenny Everett would have said).

:)
  • Options
    Mastes1Mastes1 Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just the world we curently live in. Any kind of tiny incling that something might offend a viewer and its panic stations.
  • Options
    Marsh.Marsh. Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Our"? He's certainly not my ****ing prince. :D
  • Options
    Marsh.Marsh. Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mastes1 wrote: »
    Its just the world we curently live in. Any kind of tiny incling that something might offend a viewer and its panic stations.

Yeah, that's why they didn't put Helen Wood in.... TWICE. :D
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iirc our own royal...

umm this is gettting really stupid. people like katie hopkins who have wrote really vile racist things, people like helen getting away scott free.

does free speech only apply to those favoured by ch5, to those sleeping with producers. they really pick and choose don't they.

But she's also written about Hitler being a victim and a really sweet guy! *massive rolleyes*
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a dilemma all right. When you combine monumental stupidity and gullibility with the platform of social media; you end up with a very challenging environment for those who believe in free speech.

This had very little to do with the outfit; it had very little to do with the tasteless photoshopping of Auschwitz in the background; it had everything to do with her offensively incoherent ramblings based on some neo-Nazi, illuminati-imagining, Holocaust denying written vomit that appeals to (and is written to appeal to) sub-human morons who are incandescent with frustration because they realise, deep in their souls, how stupid they are.

edited to add: It's all a stunt of course; they knew about this before she went in.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    allie4 wrote: »
    But she's also written about Hitler being a victim and a really sweet guy! *massive rolleyes*

And it's bias and lies that he was a evil person.

She says that he was a hero and wishes the world had more leaders like him.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because she's abviously a moron and thick as **** who is desperate for attention.......just like Katie Hopkins. But that doesn't mean she should be kicked out for it..........just like how Katie Hopkins wasn't for the stuff she has said.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    For some reason most of the public love the royals and I have no reason why. So, even if he was a Nazi then the public wouldn't want to hear it.
  • Options
    Robbie_CraigRobbie_Craig Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a Windsor they're All Natzi's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iirc our own royal...

Helen is a nasty person but, she doesn't agree with the murder of people based on their religious and political views, sexually or colour of skin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marsh. wrote: »
    "Our"? He's certainly not my ****ing prince. :D
    Nor mine. :D
  • Options
    crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats his adopted familes heritage.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    He's a Windsor they're All Natzi's

Wish it was as easy to boot them out
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    It's a dilemma all right. When you combine monumental stupidity and gullibility with the platform of social media; you end up with a very challenging environment for those who believe in free speech.

This had very little to do with the outfit; it had very little to do with the tasteless photoshopping of Auschwitz in the background; it had everything to do with her offensively incoherent ramblings based on some neo-Nazi, illuminati-imagining, Holocaust denying written vomit that appeals to (and is written to appeal to) sub-human morons who are incandescent with frustration because they realise, deep in their souls, how stupid they are.

edited to add: It's all a stunt of course; they knew about this before she went in.

Great post:) you saved me the time of saying something similar.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do many people champion Katie Hopkins for expressing awful opinions, yet in this example somebody is kicked out for expressing something distasteful before even entering the BB house?

It just doesn't make sense.

I'm not saying any of their opinions are agreeable, but why is there a discrepancy between how both of these people are treated by BB?

I thought that the purpose of BB was to eject people based on how they behaved towards others in the house, not because BB don't happen to agree with their opinions, whether they be real or just for the sake of controversy.

If it's a reality TV show then surely the reality would be that different people would hold very different and diverse opinions, and that rather than BB dictating what's right and wrong to the viewers, the housemates themselves challenge each others' opinions and world view.
    If somebody holds a very ignorant point of view it's important to see that view challenged. For BB to tell us what we ought to think teaches nobody anything, nor demonstrates exactly why an opinion is wrong to hold.

Katie Hopkins wasn't challenged once by BB on her opinions she's expressed outside of the BB house, so why was this Tila treated differently?

Coincidentally there's an irony here in the way that BB are intolerant of certain views, but only depending on who expresses them. Which is in itself an insult to equality, free expression and democracy.

By the way I find Tila putting stuff out there like that just as disgusting as I do with Hopkins. But I don't like the idea of being nannied by BB telling me whose opinions are acceptable and whose are not. They are hardly in the position to be the judge on what's morality acceptable. I don't like the idea of BB nannying me on my behalf.
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member

Yeah I remember that time Channel 5 didn't kick Prince Harry out of Celebrity Big Brother like it was yesterday...
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    Didn't our prince dress up as a Nazi ages ago?
    Perhaps that's why Tila fancied a 'bone' with him.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And it's bias and lies that he was a evil person.

She says that he was a hero and wishes the world had more leaders like him.

But so what? She has expressed these opinions which appear to be incredibly ignorant and uninformed.
    Are people incapable of challenging these opinions with their own counter-opinions?

And why are BB kicking her out based on something which hasn't even happened in the BB house?
    BB are now punishing people for having 'Bad' opinions outside of the BB house instead of having 'Good' ones?
    That's utterly ridiculous.

Of course it depends on what else has been said. If Tila has in the past also incited violence and hate crime against other groups of people based on their race or religion then that would be a different matter.
  • Options
    Norn2Norn2 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nor mine. :D

i hope i didn't come across as a royalist, i'm far from it ^_^