Scouting For Girls vs McFly... Who's worse?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So my other half was bitching about McFly last night and I happened to mention that I rather like them (hardly worthy of critical acclaim but their music's catchy and good fun). He got rather annoyed by this and claimed that they're worse than Scouting For Girls (a band we both dislike owing to their repetitive songs - you really can't deny this - and mundane 'we making this up as we go along' lyrics). I don't personally believe this, so I suppose the question is, what do you think is worse for simple pop rock... catchy with a tendency for annoyance or boring but inoffensive?

Or, for the people who aren't Negative Nancies, which is better (remember to state...)? ;)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    It's a hard one.... eeeehhhh SFG i think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both :D

Yeah but which one's worse?? :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SFG are worse - at least McFly have good music taste (I feel that bands only murder songs they like).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McFly are terrible, but not AS terrible as Scouting For Girls.
    Both of them have the issue that almost every song sounds the same, but SFG win because every line IS the same in most of their songs :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    Well, I like McFly, they have good songs, they write the music themselves, they have full control over what they do, and they're good live. Not a fan of SFG personally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like sfg:o but despise mcfly:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ajay14 wrote: »
    McFly are terrible, but not AS terrible as Scouting For Girls.
    Both of them have the issue that almost every song sounds the same, but SFG win because every line IS the same in most of their songs :P

Nail. Head.
    SFG are worse - at least McFly have good music taste (I feel that bands only murder songs they like).

As far as I'm concerned if they did 'murder' that song then it can only be a good thing as I thought it was pretty mediocre in the first place. I like that point of view, though!
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mcfly are fine, write most of their own songs, actually play and sing live.
    Very good musicians imo.
  • MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are joking?

McFly are one the of the most talented group of youngsters in the past decade. They write and perform some catchy and clever Pop tunes.

Writing them off as rubbish or bad or terrible is a huge misjudgement.