Luminites - 6.8%

Jordan O'Keefe - 3.7%

Gabz - 3.6%

Arisxandra - 2.9%

Pre-Skool - 2.8%

Francine Lewis - 2.0%

Asanda - 1.2%

yes steve

I'm glad that Steve did so well. Just missed out. I think a combination of sob story plus egg throwing woman may have given a slight push to Radam.

Look at Francine though. Second to last with 2%.:eek:
    You wouldn't have thought so what with the way that the judges were going on about her.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening everyone. :) I really enjoyed the final tonight.
    Topol wrote: »
    you know what I love about this story?
    It sends out a clear message to the rest of the world the UK isn't this small minded little country so many of them think we are.

Certain Media groups can send out this message simply because of the power they have but when votes like this happen it gives others a chance to see the other side of the coin.

A very good act won and thank people voted on that the act and not the person.

The Hungarian Ambassador (Britain's Got More Talent has been very surreal this year :p) said as much on the spin off.

Attraction were great but I love Steve this evening; I'm glad to see he finished fourth.

I don't think Francine, Jack, Luminites or Richard and Adam were as strong as their semi final performances sadly.

But overall it was a great show. One question though...why was Simon dressed as if he'd just come from the beach and had thrown on a jacket?
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Interesting. I wonder if the child singers would have done better if there weren't so many of them in the final. I was a bit surprised that none of them made the final 3.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that Steve did so well. Just missed out. I think a combination of sob story plus egg throwing woman may have given a slight push to Radam.

You wouldn't have thought so what with the way that the judges were going on about her.

I didn't really get Steve. He's a good ventriloquist but his act is a bit old school and not really very witty. He could have had a better dialogue going between the Simon and Sinitta puppets. The only thing that was funny were the puppets themselves.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SallyArmy wrote: »
    We were missing a big camp act this year, like Bosom Buddies or Mr Pink!:p

That's true! :D:p
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I like Taylor's voice but I really dislike Sheeran, he's so overated and boring!:mad::yawn:

I didn't rate either of them, unfortunately, but I am an old fogey! :D:p
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Hungary give us extra points in Eurovision next year..
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Only watched the last five minutes of the final last night. I was surprised that Jack appeared at the final of a major TV event (that's likely to be seen worldwide) wearing clothes that looked like his Mum found them in a Third World Charity Shop.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    Feel sorry for the OP who missed all the fun on here.

I thought on the whole it was more entertaining than last year's final. We'll see what the audience thought when the viewing figures come out in about an hour.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I did smile at Jack's quick quip when Ant and Dec said he was "runner up" - "runner up - bit insensitive isnt it?" :D:o
    Also just heard Gabz's final performance - I thought the first part of the song sounded a bit like the 'Happy Ending' song (or something like that) - it had very familliar chord progression I couldnt quite place :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its the same song with different words to it!

I thought it had very similar chords too :confused:
    And who wears a bloody onesie/babygrow to go on TV? FFS :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't really get Steve. He's a good ventriloquist but his act is a bit old school and not really very witty. He could have had a better dialogue going between the Simon and Sinitta puppets. The only thing that was funny were the puppets themselves.

I didnt get him either!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, I thought he was OK but in an "old school" kind of way only :o The Simon Cowell puppet was funny but when he "spoke" it sounded nothing like him :confused:
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe a lot of her voters were dancing round their handbags in white heels, instead of being in on a Saturday night ?
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    yeah, I was preparing my thread for 7:30 PM - exactly 24 hours, I had it all prepared but OP decided to jump in stupidly early :(

all for the glory of having a thread they started with thousands of posts - SCD is notorious for threadstarters like this too
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    heiker wrote: »
    Only watched the last five minutes of the final last night. I was surprised that Jack appeared at the final of a major TV event (that's likely to be seen worldwide) wearing clothes that looked like his Mum found them in a Third World Charity Shop.

agreed - and you can see fastforward 10 years he's going to be as big as peter kay - and i'm not talking about success.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 127,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    next year there should less singers and more variety
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    asp746 wrote: »
    agreed - and you can see fastforward 10 years he's going to be as big as peter kay - and i'm not talking about success.
    It's hard to keep your weight down when walking is difficult, let alone going for a run.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I agree, I thought he was OK but in an "old school" kind of way only :o The Simon Cowell puppet was funny but when he "spoke" it sounded nothing like him :confused:

Well, how accurate could he have been? He is a ventriloquist, not exactly an impressionist. He did his best, made him sound really camp but that's the funny bit. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fair point :) Perhaps I've been spoiled with the likes of Terry Fator who was a ventriloquist AND impressionist (on AGT), and was absolutely brilliant :) He was hilarious :D
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Well, how accurate could he have been? He is a ventriloquist, not exactly an impressionist.

It doesn't matter either way. Impressionists don't even have to get the voices right, it would seem...;)
  • Options
    ikarus280ikarus280 Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    The egg thrower has tweeted again. A link to this article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jun/10/simon-cowell-eggs-britains-got-talent