What exactly has Dextor done wrong?

d-man73d-man73 Posts: 26
Forum Member
Could someone here please explain to me what exactly Dextor has done wrong in the house to make him so vilified? I don't mean an interpretation of what you think he meant, but a solid stone cold fact.

Comments

• flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He tried to hard to be the 'Inside the Media, know it all' man and got their backs up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was just a seed planted in their heads in week one when Sallie was calling him a snake (she's now said she likes him). She was well liked and when someone tells you something you look for just anything to piece it together.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d-man73 wrote: »
    Could someone here please explain to me what exactly Dextor has done wrong in the house to make him so vilified? I don't mean an interpretation of what you think he meant, but a solid stone cold fact.
    He lies like a cheap NAAFI watch :D
  • HalkiHalki Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely nothing. He is one of the few complex - but entertaining characters in there. I think he deserves to win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Women use Dexter to gain money and he shows them respect and has a laugh with them. This is appently the worst crime a metrosexual man can do.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently he is trying to win a competition, and according to the scriptwritters, the paid guests and the presenters, except Ryland, who seems to try and stay neutral, he is wrong to try and win.

The more they bash him the more he comes across as staying strong in the face of the ganging up both inside and now, unbeknown to him from the show itself. He deserves to win, and the dreadful producers and script writters etc deserve to fail miserably.
  • wee-mowee-mo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has he done wrong :confused:

I would love some of the Dexter haters to tell me as all they can come up with is he is a Game player :o To me he has been picked on because of the Sallie comment and Jackie not liking him :mad: Anything I have seen about in the house and to me that is what counts he has respected all the housemates and he has not retaliated against them (except Callum ) who deserved it ,

He has played the Game like him or hate him he will be remembered for being a Game player in what is A Game :) gone are the first couple of years when it was a Social experiment :( If Sam was on Deal or no Deal and refused to pick boxes would he have deserved to walk away with £7000 I don't think so ):(
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

oh come on !

He has been a slimey, arse-licking bullsh*tter ... he has blagged, bluffed and blustered his way through 'the process'

An excellent housemate because of it

Let's just celebrate him for that, and leave it there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dexter hasn't done anything wrong, a lot of other people have.
    he's been portrayed as a master of all things devious to the point where you can't look at him without imagining a bald cat in his lap.
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong !

The guys a worthy winner !

Dexter 2 Win !!
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    wee-mo wrote: »
    What has he done wrong :confused:

I would love some of the Dexter haters to tell me as all they can come up with is he is a Game player :o To me he has been picked on because of the Sallie comment and Jackie not liking him :mad: Anything I have seen about in the house and to me that is what counts he has respected all the housemates and he has not retaliated against them (except Callum ) who deserved it ,

He has played the Game like him or hate him he will be remembered for being a Game player in what is A Game :) gone are the first couple of years when it was a Social experiment :( If Sam was on Deal or no Deal and refused to pick boxes would he have deserved to walk away with £7000 I don't think so ):(

Are you serious? :eek::rolleyes:
  • wee-mowee-mo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you serious? :eek::rolleyes:

Still no answer to what he has done wrong I see :o:o:o:o
  • TheMatrixTheMatrix Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dexter has played one hell of a game.

Everyone has said nobody can sit in BB for all them weeks without being themselves.

Deter seems to have broken the rule book. Who is the real Dexter. The sugar daddy or a man who sits alone, rich or poor. Has loads of women or a man that struggles to find a woman, gay or straight the list goes on.

The HM can't work him out, this is why they get upset, just when they think they know him, he will change. To the public this makes great viewing. To the HM its a nightmare to their game plans.

Dexter has done nothing wrong, . The only one that has some idea is Gina and she is saying nothing.
  • jeanettexjeanettex Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dexter has done nothing wrong , the HMs know the public like him , plus the other HMs fans know he is the winner
  • BlomkvistBlomkvist Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desperately seeking showmance.
  • CythnaCythna Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people believe nothing they see on BB is real, that everyone is putting on an act. From that point of view Dexter likes no one, doesn't care a whit for Charlie, pretend cries, and is simply after the money. In fact these people probably believe that everyone is after the money.

Other people are more trusting. The HMs might al like to have the money, but there is more to each of them than that People are complex, with multiple desires. So even if Dexter like the others wants the money, he could still be smitten with Charlie and want to turn his life around.

I remember when Aisleyne had to evict someone from her safe house, and she returned to the main house sobbing and disappeared into the toilet for an hour people were claiming she was doing it to make herself look good, to win. I was astonished, as to me no one could have put that on. So I am willing to allow Dexter to fool me perhaps, it really doesn't matter at the end of the day
  • psy7chpsy7ch Posts: 10,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Off the top of my head

He played it big time Charlie when he came in the house.
    He was given a formal warning about his rodeoing boast possibly one the most disgusting stories in BB history.
    Tried it on with Hazel and Jem before moving on to Charlie
    He targeted Callum - started with telling him being nice is making him look bad with the public then from nowhere jumped in between him and Charlie and unconvincing play for her.
    He has repetitively stuck to this journey line again unconvincingly.
    He was caught out with the money task 'I didnt see the 99,000' 'I hoped someone had a lower number than me'
    Trying to emotionally blackmail Charlie telling her has sacrificed a relationship to pursue her (does he or does he not have a girlfriend- either way it looked bad)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently he didn't follow the biggest unwritten rule of being a HM - he hasn't been 1-dimensional, so BB & viewers can't easily put him into a category in terms of personality.

Most HMs can be categorised quite quickly in their stay in the house, yet people are still struggling to work out Dexter this late into the game.

He's played a blinder.
  • psy7chpsy7ch Posts: 10,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redex wrote: »
    Apparently he didn't follow the biggest unwritten rule of being a HM - he hasn't been 1-dimensional, so BB & viewers can't easily put him into a category in terms of personality.

Most HMs can be categorised quite quickly in their stay in the house, yet people are still struggling to work out Dexter this late into the game.

He's played a blinder.

I think he is actually one the easiest HM to work out. His game plan is very transparent. I have enjoyed watching it and he has been the most entertaining HM but lets not make any pretense about the fact it has all been contrived.
  • Fink-NottleFink-Nottle Posts: 60,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt for him a bit in the first couple of weeks. He went into the house, in his own words, with the attitude that as everyone was a stranger to him, he owed them no loyalty and would not worry about playing them. Not surprisingly, few trusted him.

What changed for me was his time in the safe house when he and Gina heard and saw everything. He used information as currency and latched on to Callum's unpopularity with some, immediately making a play for Charlie and creating the triangle. Dexter has always said he has a ruthless side and it worked on Callum as he found his weak point. Dexter used the knowledge he gained effectively, but to me it showed an ugly side to his personality and he has never dared tackle the strong characters in there. I would like to have sen how he would have coped with the likes of Conor last year. This house has had no alpha males.

Dexter by his own admission does not have many male friends and you can see why.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Cythna wrote: »
    Some people believe nothing they see on BB is real, that everyone is putting on an act. From that point of view Dexter likes no one, doesn't care a whit for Charlie, pretend cries, and is simply after the money. In fact these people probably believe that everyone is after the money.

Other people are more trusting. The HMs might al like to have the money, but there is more to each of them than that People are complex, with multiple desires. So even if Dexter like the others wants the money, he could still be smitten with Charlie and want to turn his life around.

I remember when Aisleyne had to evict someone from her safe house, and she returned to the main house sobbing and disappeared into the toilet for an hour people were claiming she was doing it to make herself look good, to win. I was astonished, as to me no one could have put that on. So I am willing to allow Dexter to fool me perhaps, it really doesn't matter at the end of the day
    Great post, especially for so early on a Sunday:)
  • psychedelicpsychedelic Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He thought he could mug us all off, the BB producers, the audience, the lot but he fell into BB's money trap and showed himself up for the money grabbing lying snake he is.
  • Count ElmsleyCount Elmsley Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst Sam was away, Dexter sat there for over an hour bitching about him to Gina to try and turn her against him. Dexter thinks that he is clever and a great Svengali figure but really all he does is bitch about someone and try and give them a bad name.

Hats off to Gina who was having none of it and saw straight through his trying to use and manipulate her.

That is Dexter's problem: He sees everyone as buyable and usable and disposable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    his only error, if you want to see it that way has been his showmance with charlie, which makes him look a little gullible
  • Count ElmsleyCount Elmsley Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He thought he could mug us all off, the BB producers, the audience, the lot but he fell into BB's money trap and showed himself up for the money grabbing lying snake he is.

Yes, ultimately he sees us as usable as well.

We are no mugs, Dexter!