Nigel Farage says German wife is not taking Briton's job

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, he's basically a tory with a run-away ego. He gains votes by feeding off people's fears. Fear of immigrants. Fear of losing your job and your house. Vote for us and we can allay your fears.

I don't agree. I don't find his message fearful or scary at all. Maybe you're confusing him with Nick Clegg who said during the TV debates that without Europe we'd be at the mercy of terrorism, pedophiles and we'd all lose our jobs....

Farage has for me always expressed a positive view that without the restrictions Europe places on us we can succeed and we can do well as a country. I don't feel scared my job is under threat.. I feel angry the country has no control over immigration from Europe. There's a difference.

He even ended the debates on a positive note bigging up the UK as a country and pointed out that Clegg didn't once praise the EU and it's positives.. he simply injected as much fear as possible into the debate.
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree. I don't find his message fearful or scary at all. Maybe you're confusing him with Nick Clegg who said during the TV debates that without Europe we'd be at the mercy of terrorism, pedophiles and we'd all lose our jobs....

Farage has for me always expressed a positive view that without the restrictions Europe places on us we can succeed and we can do well as a country. I don't feel scared my job is under threat.. I feel angry the country has no control over immigration from Europe. There's a difference.

He even ended the debates on a positive note bigging up the UK as a country and pointed out that Clegg didn't once praise the EU and it's positives.. he simply injected as much fear as possible into the debate.

yeah well said, there seems to be a lot of Nick Clegg wannabes on here, using exactly the same line of attack. If they are serious about winning people back over from UKIP, they are going to have to start focusing on the positives of being in the EU, not nit picking Nigel Farage.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    To be fair, people complaining about immigration and jobs are more focused on immigrants depressing wages because they come from much poorer countries. It's not quite the same argument if you're talking about people coming from Germany, France, Scandinavia etc.

I thought it was "just about numbers"...that is what I keep seeing on here?
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Farage said "nobody else could do that job", working unsociable hours seven days a week.

So he is breaking quite a few of those pesky employment laws he wants rid of.
  • davzerdavzer Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    To be fair, people complaining about immigration and jobs are more focused on immigrants depressing wages because they come from much poorer countries. It's not quite the same argument if you're talking about people coming from Germany, France, Scandinavia etc.

You don't understand supply and demand then.

You increase the supply the price comes down, no matter what strata of job.

Faux rage should sack her immediately and get in a true Brit to do the job.

Otherwise he is just a hypocrite.

I look forward to the amended posters.

I imagine the strapline would run something like

"My wife, coming to take your job" over a pic of Nige puffing on a montecristo with all his city mates having a brandy paid for by his MEP allowance!
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davzer wrote: »
    You don't understand supply and demand then.

You increase the supply the price comes down, no matter what strata of job.

Faux rage should sack her immediately and get in a true Brit to do the job.

Otherwise he is just a hypocrite.

I look forward to the amended posters.

I imagine the strapline would run something like

"My wife, coming to take your job" over a pic of Nige puffing on a montecristo with all his city mates having a brandy paid for by his MEP allowance!

yeah but he is not against ALL immigration just uncontrolled immigration. Also it only a bleedin poster. Talk about reading far too much into things and trying to create an argument out of it. :blush:
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Love the BiB. :o

However, I don't think Robinson was actually attacking policy - he was attacking the message behind the poster, which Farage doesn't apparently subscribe to (or he does, but with obvious exceptions which see him deem it ok for some EU citizens to take our jobs).

The trouble for Farage is that the reason he gives for employing a German is precisely the reason why many employers are giving for not employing British Workers So it seems he wants the freedom to employ a non-British worker while denying it to others. Now ignoring the pros and cons of the British workers do not want the work argument - this is hypocritical at best.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trouble for Farage is that the reason he gives for employing a German is precisely the reason why many employers are giving for not employing British Workers So it seems he wants the freedom to employ a non-British worker while denying it to others. Now ignoring the pros and cons of the British workers do not want the work argument - this is hypocritical at best.

What's the problem with British workers then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Farage is just anti-EU, and he's tapping into old racist attitudes that have been lying under the surface (gone underground) to further his cause.

The 'racist card' is being played by Farage, not the other way around as Ukip members would suggest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter_CJ wrote: »
    Farage is just anti-EU, and he's tapping into old racist attitudes that have been lying under the surface (gone underground) to further his cause.

The 'racist card' is being played by Farage, not the other way around as Ukip members would suggest.

Nope, it's being played YOU
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    Nope, it's being played YOU

If you're quick, you wil be able to correct what you wrote.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    What's the problem with British workers then?

Nothing as far as I am concerned but employers have complained that British workers do not want to work for the money on offer, or for the hours and do not have the skills required.

Personally I think that is codswallop - what do you expect when you depress wages by increasing the supply of Labour, and then with the same policy increase the demand for housing and it's cost - driving up the incomes people need to live.

Then to add insult to injury do nothing to encourage companies to actually train people with the skills that companies complain they don't have.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    "...comes over here...takes our jobs....blah blah blah"

Hoisted by your own petard. The tabloids love when someone falls foul of the same thing they decry elsewhere. Same reason they dined out on Major's government having affairs all over the place - because Major made such a big deal of "family values".

I instinctively don't like Farage or what he has to say but I get that feeling with 90% of politicians.
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

It seems some little tinkers have run a spoof ad and 649 Brits have applied for the job as his PA / Secretary in the past 12 hours.
  • crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    When Farage is put on the spot like yesterday you get to see the real him and it's not likeable, he is no different to any other politician

He answered the questions truthfully.
    He gets more respect than people who give political bull shi answers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DadDancer wrote: »
    weak minded? What a load of condescending crap.>:( seriously these arguments against UKIP are getting more and more ridiculous by the day. How about someone from the opposition actually put a real counter argument to why we should stay in the EU? Why we should embrace uncontrolled immigration? How job prosperity will increase under the EU? That would be a start at least.

I agree. How long does camron need to take to give us our negotiated deal with europe! He cant.......
  • Fappy_McFapperFappy_McFapper Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DadDancer wrote: »
    weak minded? What a load of condescending crap.>:( seriously these arguments against UKIP are getting more and more ridiculous by the day. How about someone from the opposition actually put a real counter argument to why we should stay in the EU? Why we should embrace uncontrolled immigration? How job prosperity will increase under the EU? That would be a start at least.

People who buy into Farage are weak minded and are falling for the same old tricks that countless others have fallen for for countless years.

The man is laughing all the way to the bank knowing full well that the UK will NEVER leave the EU.

Farage will change nothing so get used to being let down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing as far as I am concerned but employers have complained that British workers do not want to work for the money on offer, or for the hours and do not have the skills required.

Personally I think that is codswallop - what do you expect when you depress wages by increasing the supply of Labour, and then with the same policy increase the demand for housing and it's cost - driving up the incomes people need to live.

Then to add insult to injury do nothing to encourage companies to actually train people with the skills that companies complain they don't have.

That would be because employers like to have a huge pool of cheap willing labour, mostly unskilled labour, and your solution is remaining in the EU and carry on as before.
    The large multi-nationals must really love people like you who fight their cause for them.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Farage said "nobody else could do that job", working unsociable hours seven days a week.

Except a European? :p

Bloody pro Europeans always making excuses for immigration by suggesting British workers are lazy....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    Bloody pro Europeans always making excuses for immigration by suggesting British workers are lazy....

Yep, apparently British workers are lazy, but the ones camped out on benefits are just victimised, misunderstood and picked on. Talk about chalk and cheese eh?
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Yep, apparently British workers are lazy, but the ones camped out on benefits are just victimised, misunderstood and picked on. Talk about chalk and cheese eh?

Is that like the immigrants who are simultaneously taking our jobs and living on benefits?
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that like the immigrants who are simultaneously taking our jobs and living on benefits?

Bloody immigrants, taking our jobs and our benefits >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No apparently these immigrants are a financial benefit to the economy and country, by showing just how lazy the British workers are by working for less and for longer hours. All the benefits paid out in order to compensate for this saturated lower paid work force are well worth it.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    Bloody immigrants, taking our jobs and our benefits >:(

And all our houses and living 50 to a room
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter_CJ wrote: »

Tell me on thing he has said or implied that is racist!