Nadia in UBB: What's the deal?

candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I never understood the negative reaction to Nadia when she left UBB. What exactly had she done to make people change their mind about her after crowning her the winner in her series? I thought she was treated appallingly and she had a hard time of it when she left.

Anyone care to explain exactly what she did? :confused::confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never understood the negative reaction to Nadia when she left UBB. What exactly had she done to make people change their mind about her after crowning her the winner in her series? I thought she was treated appallingly and she had a hard time of it when she left.

Agreed!

The crowd that night should be ashamed of themselves!

Am I right in saying that she failed a suicide attempt after appearing on UBB?

I felt so sorry and I also did not understand the hatred she received!
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think some of it may be because she dared to say something negative about the golden couple that was John James and Josie. Davina especially seemed to turn against her because of that, being quite negative about her on Twitter.
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed!

ditto
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed!

It was disgusting...horrible.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hooter wrote: »
    It was disgusting...horrible.:(

It was distressing to watch her walking out to face that appalling reaction.

Davina was far from comforting to her in my opinion! But what's new with that woman?
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    I think some of it may be because she dared to say something negative about the golden couple that was John James and Josie. Davina especially seemed to turn against her because of that, being quite negative about her on Twitter.

Yes ....she gave Josie a few home truth's and as it turned out she was bang on
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    ABCZYX wrote: »

Is that it:eek:.... Going off Davina
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    I found it so annoying that the reason for her poor treatment from the show and from the eviction crowd was solely put on her criticizing the relationship of Josie and John James. Which just seems so trivial, even more now.

I was also sad because the conclusion of BB5 with the overwhelming message of acceptance that came from her victory was one of the true highlights in BB history for me. Then along comes UBB and took a big dump over that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    Yes ....she gave Josie a few home truth's and as it turned out she was bang on

Oh actually I do understand all the hatred she got.... She said something that Josie, Davina and the producers did not like hearing :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh actually I do understand all the hatred she got.... She said something that Josie, Davina and the producers did not like hearing :rolleyes:

Agree :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree :)

Davina went even lower in my estimations (not that she was ever high in them) but the woman had a problem with a lot of females!

- Rachael - I really liked this girl, how dare Davina act smug to a winner. It was completely unprofessional!

- Makosi - Just disgraceful! Makosi did herself no favors I admit but Davina showed her real colours during that eviction interview!

- Katia - Yes she was boring but Davina was extremely cold and rude to her.

And if I have left any out (which I'm sure I have) feel free to state them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davina went even lower in my estimations (not that she was ever high in them) but the woman had a problem with a lot of females!

- Rachael - I really liked this girl, how dare Davina act smug to a winner. It was completely unprofessional!

- Makosi - Just disgraceful! Makosi did herself no favors I admit but Davina showed her real colours during that eviction interview!

- Katia - Yes she was boring but Davina was extremely cold and rude to her.

And if I have left any out (which I'm sure I have) feel free to state them.

Yes...Rachael was one of my favourites I think she was treated badly.... and I sat with my jaw on my knees watching the Makosi interview....she helped make that series...and watching Saskia enjoy every minute made me so angry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes...Rachael was one of my favourites I think she was treated badly.... and I sat with my jaw on my knees watching the Makosi interview....she helped make that series...and watching Saskia enjoy every minute made me so angry

I doubt Rachael wasn't too bothered by Davina because she walked away victorious with £100,000 and I hear she is doing well for herself!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt Rachael wasn't too bothered by Davina because she walked away victorious with £100,000 and I hear she is doing well for herself!

Yes she's teaching now and married with a young child
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadia was far too unstable to have been allowed back into the BB house.
    By todays standards she would have been removed for violent behaviour during BB5 fight night anyway.
    Just another example of the producers picking the ones they know will have a breakdown if they push the correct buttons. :o
  • EnJayKingEnJayKing Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seemed out of place in UBB, it wasn't exactly a battleground like BB5 was. Besides, i only really remember UBB as 'The Brian and Nikki Show, featuring Chantelle and Preston'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member

I 100% agree with you. I never have understood that, and probably never will. From what I can remember, Josie didn't even hate Nadia, so the fans being mad at her for what she said to Josie doesn't even really make sense!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EnJayKing wrote: »
    She seemed out of place in UBB, it wasn't exactly a battleground like BB5 was. Besides, i only really remember UBB as 'The Brian and Nikki Show, featuring Chantelle and Preston'
    And Nadia rubbing her crotch all over Coolios duvet when she went fruity loops :o
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nadia was all about her sex change. She had nothing else going for her
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Nadia was all about her sex change. She had nothing else going for her

I don't think that's true at all. She was a strong personality with many different sides to her character and hardly ever mentioned her past, infact I think she'd have been happy to just ignore it.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    It seemed that there was an awful lot that went on that we didn't see in UBB in terms of Coolio's behaviour to and provocation of Nadia, all we were shown was Nadia's increasingly extreme reaction so she looked really hysterical and unbalanced.

Whether her orignal criticism of JJJ meant that BB decided to throw her to the lions or whether that would have happened any way I don't really know tbh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    It seemed that there was an awful lot that went on that we didn't see in UBB in terms of Coolio's behaviour to and provocation of Nadia, all we were shown was Nadia's increasingly extreme reaction so she looked really hysterical and unbalanced.

Whether her orignal criticism of JJJ meant that BB decided to throw her to the lions or whether that would have happened any way I don't really know tbh
    Or she was just hysterical and unbalanced :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EnJayKing wrote: »

Yeah I agree, it seemed they wanted UBB to be a light happy ending to the show on C4..... billed as The Brian and Nikki Show, with Victor and Nick as the tame villains. Not clear where Nadia would have fitted into that storyline.

From the crowd's point of view, she was held responsible for Josie walking from UBB. It seemed to me that Josie got paranoid that JJ1 was stealing a march on her in the post-BB opportunities and ran out of the house to catch up with him. JJJers of course assumed it was all about the undying love, lol. Whether Nadia was trying to mind-f**k Josie or whether she was just reporting her take on JJJ (the commonly held doubt at the time being that JJ1 didn't fancy Josie so much) is moot.

Nadia had also embarrassed herself somewhat on the recent CDWM with Brian Dowling .... in the lead-up to UBB iirc. So there was some competitive rivalry already running for her from the start of UBB, not helped by Brian's effortless popularity in that particular house and then Coolio's targeting of her.
  • RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadia wasn't a in good place seemingly going into the house. Remember thinking very quickly it wasn't a good decision for her to return. Even before she started making the JJJ comments.

There was other stuff too, like the argument with Ulrika about the pan?! And I don't think Nadia learning that Ulrika was being paid atleast 5 times more than she was helped.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She dared to speak against JJJ.

Then there were also some who blamed her for Coolio's exit. :rolleyes: