Options

Thomas the Juggler treated disrespectfully.

jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else feel he was treated rudely. I do.:(

Comments

• Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alesha was rude,saying it was "not cool".
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He suffered from the age old problem on this show of at least having a modicum of talent in what he does.

...and of not being 6 years old or singing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    His name is Thomas. Robbie is the Welsh singer.

But yes, I agree with you.
  • Options
    yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    I'm kinda torn on this issue tbh. Yes, it was a bit rude.....but at the same time, if you enter a competition like BGT then being judged is a major part of the process. If you can't handle criticism then you really shouldn't put yourself up there.

...I stress again though, it was a tad rude of Alesha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think it was fair. It obviously didn't fit the criteria of singers or dancers this year of a young age.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know, she says the act was not cool, then why did she say she wants to see more, and put him through to the semi's?

What a shit bunch of judges!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they were rude.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yawalloper wrote: »
    I'm kinda torn on this issue tbh. Yes, it was a bit rude.....but at the same time, if you enter a competition like BGT then being judged is a major part of the process. If you can't handle criticism then you really shouldn't put yourself up there.

I think he could handle the criticism. He didn't look at all bothered or upset at their comments. He came across as quite mature, and seemed older than 15 I thought.

He seems to do this act semi-professionally. He has his own website and has won awards, plus it seems he can be booked for events!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His name is Thomas. Robbie is the Welsh singer.

But yes, I agree with you.

Sorry yes I got mixed up.

They were very rude and off with him unnecessarily so.

If they felt that way they should not have put him through a second time only to buzz before his act had taken off. Very disrespectful I thought
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think he could handle the criticism. He didn't look at all bothered or upset at their comments. He came across as quite mature, and seemed older than 15 I thought.

You're right...it was more the point that you are there to be, possibly, criticised and thus if you can't handle that then you shouldn't be there. Not necessarily his actual reactions, more the comments about being criticised as per the thread.
  • Options
    lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was treated harshly , this is a variety show , the panel should show the same level of respect to all acts.
    Alesha showed lack of depth in understanding different types of skills , but hey ,he was only in the semis so the luminites would get an easy ride
  • Options
    psychologistxpsychologistx Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    its not like hes going to sell out wembley or sell dvds - I mean really....who wants to watch that for hours ? I think once you've seen it for a couple of minutes that's enough
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right...it was more the point that you are there to be, possibly, criticised and thus if you can't handle that then you shouldn't be there. Not necessarily his actual reactions, more the comments about being criticised as per the thread.

Hmmmm he was chosen to go through a second time and wasn't given a chance to get his act going only to be buzzed pretty much straight away.

Also the clips after showed the buzzes during his act.Poor show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its not like hes going to sell out wembley or sell dvds - I mean really....who wants to watch that for hours ? I think once you've seen it for a couple of minutes that's enough

Everyone keeps claiming that it's all singers and dancers, and then when we finally get a proper variety act with a real skill, people say it's boring! :D
  • Options
    lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone keeps claiming that it's all singers and dancers, and then when we finally get a proper variety act with a real skill, people say it's boring! :D

This is the problems, either it's a variety show or its and singing/dance show.
    Non singing/dancing acts are buzzed earlier than poor singers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lightblues wrote: »
    This is the problems, either it's a variety show or its and singing/dance show.
    Non singing/dancing acts are buzzed earlier than poor singers

TBF, it's a pretty limited act. The main highlight was him walking down the stairs whilst juggling....in between juggling. It's a nice talent to have, but unless he juggles with balls of fire then there really isn't much to get excited about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You can say that about George Sampson jumping up and down in a puddle.

I don't think the measuring tool for talent shows should necessarily be entirely about filling 80'000 stadiums or keeping people amused for two hours plus.

You can see plenty of videos or clips of phenomenal talent that is done & dusted in 30 seconds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBF, it's a pretty limited act. The main highlight was him walking down the stairs whilst juggling....in between juggling. It's a nice talent to have, but unless he juggles with balls of fire then there really isn't much to get excited about.

Maybe. The Bar Wizards were effectively a juggling act and one of the best to have ever been on the show.
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think the judges need to get it into their thick skulls that if someone is put through to the semifinals as a juggler, that there should be no surprise when they turn up in the semi finals...and 'juggle'.

I think they should have the buzzers taken off them during the semi-finals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loracan wrote: »
    I think the judges need to get it into their thick skulls that if someone is put through to the semifinals as a juggler, that there should be no surprise when they turn up in the semi finals...and 'juggle'.

I think they should have the buzzers taken off them during the semi-finals.
    Precisely and then to show the later clips for the phone numbers etc., they show him being buzzed during that clip. That's just rude:sleep:
  • Options
    finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were right, he was rubbish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member

Wasn't it just. :mad:
    That was bang out of order. Who is Alesha to decide for the rest for us what is "cool" and what is not.
    Thomas was incredibly talented through his hard work and practice and I enjoyed his act. All the pathetic judges could do was snigger about balls.
    For a teenager I thought Thomas was vey likable and dignified taking that sort of criticism. What did the judges expect him to do? dance around and sing?
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Alesha was rude. I found the dancers annoying and you couldn't see what he was doing very well because there were these legs flying everywhere :mad:
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,227
    Forum Member

The juggling element is variety, and he does have skill. The only issue he had was, it was the same thing over and over again, bouncing the balls on the floor - no wonder people found it a bit boring. He should have really changed it around a bit.
  • Options
    finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His biggest talent is the way he has managed to shrink his face into the middle of his head.