Archer

Comments

• HDCriticalFanHDCriticalFan Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is Archer even on this week ?

or next ?

this is nuts , they obviously want it to fail .

That was written two weeks ago.

At the moment there is still no sign of another episode ... Not within the next seven days.

So, crazy scheduling (changing time, changing channel, sometimes two eps) then ... nothing.

Thanks C5.

I send an email about this some time ago. They didn't even deign to send a reply. Not even a system generated auto response along the "thank you for contacting us" line.

I'm just going to wait for the Blu-Ray box set of all four seasons and then watch (and re-watch) the whole lot. It is in the pipeline.

Quite what C5 have for a business plan I've no idea. They buy product, then squander it, then don't even use it at all. They've actually managed to generate NEGATIVE value from the purchase of Archer. I previously was ambivalent towards C5, after this fiasco I now think LESS of them !
  • HDCriticalFanHDCriticalFan Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ! And now a reply.

They say that it performed poorly on 5* (because no one knew it was on !) so they moved it to 5USA with an "intermittent schedule".

Expect it next in the early hours of 19th September. Then, just keep watching out for the schedules. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Ha ! And now a reply.

They say that it performed poorly on 5* (because no one knew it was on !) so they moved it to 5USA with an "intermittent schedule".

Expect it next in the early hours of 19th September. Then, just keep watching out for the schedules. :(

Backing up your reply came across this:

http://about.channel5.com/faqs/programmes-a-to-e
    When are episodes from Series 4 of Archer shown?

Episode 1 from Series 4 of Archer was shown on 5* on Monday 15th July at 23:20, and Episode 2 on Wednesday 24th July at 23:10.

Unfortunately, the show did not perform as well as we had hoped, and episodes are now shown in intermittent late night slots on 5 USA.

Episodes are also available on Demand 5 for 30 days after they are first broadcast
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    And the reason is didn't perform well Channel5 is because you treated it like crap!!!
    So only YOU are to blame, not the content!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just in case anyone is interested Archer is on 5USA again this week according to my printed TV guide round 2:30 am Thursday.

Interesting the website doesn't list it so this may be a misprint.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    thanks. it shouldn't be this hard.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope someone like Netflix grabs this like they did with Breaking Bad...
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Just in case anyone is interested Archer is on 5USA again this week according to my printed TV guide round 2:30 am Thursday.

Sky epg has it too. Ep9 - so they are ignoring episode order again.
  • Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got hacked off trying to follow it, so ended up torrenting the Blu-Ray version.

I love this show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why Channel are doing this. Okay if it was a one season wonder fine buy show it keep the viewer from complaining about repeats but Archer is into season 4 I assume the DVD sales are fairly good as why make more if you aren't going to make money from it so why does Channel 5 waste it's time buying the new season if they are basically wasting their money.

Also why broadcast out of sequence makes no sense at all!

I know Viva did this with Brickleberry and Crash Canyon but because the story arc for both is fairly fluid it didn't matter but Archer will have certain things that wouldn't make sense out of order or am I just being picky for no reason.
    Forum Member
    I recorded it. Watching it now.

Obviously it's not the advertised episode.
  • froggy22froggy22 Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I remember channel 5 messing up the order of episodes for season 3. It was so obvious because Ray was in and out of his wheelchair from one episode to another.
    Forum Member
    next episode is tuesday morning (monday night) 2.30 am
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    next episode is tuesday morning (monday night) 2.30 am

Will not be watching sadly .... channel 5 has done a great job at that!
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

the bastards ! I gave up looking for it and missed that episode .

thanks for the heads up , I'll keep a better eye on the schedules .

what next ? will C5 run it under a pseudonym ? Has a tv channel ever worked so hard to ruin the ratings of a show its bought ?

there must be a story here , someone at C5 must hate the makers of this show for some reason . or is it that there's so much high quality programming on 5* and 5USA that they can't find room for it :rolleyes::p
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the bastards ! I gave up looking for it and missed that episode .

thanks for the heads up , I'll keep a better eye on the schedules .

what next ? will C5 run it under a pseudonym ? Has a tv channel ever worked so hard to ruin the ratings of a show its bought ?

there must be a story here , someone at C5 must hate the makers of this show for some reason . or is it that there's so much high quality programming on 5* and 5USA that they can't find room for it :rolleyes::p

What exactly is high quality programming the only decent things on there I watch is .... NCIS (use to be the CSI stuff but haven't followed the recent (last) of CSI:NY) .... nothing on that channel works with me as for 5USA 5* - same again but be more USA but why stick Archer til 2.30am surely they could have stuck it in between a CSI they normally run or is that too hard?? :rolleyes:

Sorry high quality programming is Celebrity Super Spa/Big Brother .... I forgot :eek:
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... someone at C5 must hate the makers of this show for some reason...

Not just this show, 5 also bought Breaking Bad and then did bugger all with it. Bet they're kicking themselves... well, I hope they are, anyway...
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I hope someone like Netflix grabs this like they did with Breaking Bad...

Ireland's TG4, I think here's another great US show
    that might be worth purchasing ;) ....
    Forum Member
    It is odd. Makes me think there is something screwy in the contract. Maybe they get a rebate if it gets fewer than a certain number of viewers. Maybe there is an opt out of a multi year contract if it gets below a certain number. They certainly seem to be going out of their way to bury it.

There were rumours about Channel 5 engaging in such dirty tricks in the past. When they held off showing Joey season 2 for the longest time. Rumour was that a clause prevented a DVD release until they actually showed it so they were holding it ransom until a renegociated price could be obtained.
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Not just this show, 5 also bought Breaking Bad and then did bugger all with it. Bet they're kicking themselves... well, I hope they are, anyway...

Bet they are not. Great critical acclaim doesn't mean great ratings.

I remember when The Wire finished and was winning all the "greatest show of the decade" awards. BBC bought it. Likely over paid for it. Started it at prime time. Ended it in a graveyard slot.
    Forum Member
    alternate wrote: »
    Bet they are not. Great critical acclaim doesn't mean great ratings.

True, but BB is getting record ratings for AMC in America at the moment, (their most popular show after The Walking Dead).

And it's popular elsewhere- there's a whole shelf of BB DVDs on display in my local Golden Discs (the only other shows I've seen get that honour are "Downton Abbey" and "Game of Thrones").

"The Wire" was a great show as well, but it never seemed to click with the average viewer. It seemed to be more popular with media folk then Joe Public
    (my parents know "The Wire" was a show about Baltimore cops, but they've never seen a ep).
    Forum Member
    FX couldn't get viewers to watch it before channel 5 tried. Mad Men is the same. It will always be a niche show.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get bored of it very quickly, after a while it just becomes noise.
    Forum Member
    BBC 3 getting Archer is a good shout. I doubt that the whole Family Guy demographic will enjoy it but enough should.

I can see it being another one of those US shows that gets missed in the UK during the bulk of it's initial broadcast but then gets popular.

"Archer" might appeal to "American Dad!" fans as
    well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay if anyone is interested the next episode of Archer is 2.30 am tonight 5USA!

It's the snake bite episode, have no idea how that fits into the rest of the season I've given up trying to work it out just enjoy each show as they broadcast them.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is the next series DVD out?