Options

Loss of Sound

I have been experiencing sound loss when watching programs on all channels which can also for secconds or minutes.

I initially put it down to signal degradation but have found that if I replay the program, by skipping back, the sound is almost always there!

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here, it is most frustrating and does not make logical sense.

Comments

• Options
    wwwebberwwwebber Posts: 3,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you using HDMI ? - there's a known fault with compatibility.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I am using HDMI with the BTV set at 1080i - I wonder if this is the issue.

I thought that the HDMI not being supported, had been resolved now that BT are distributing films in HD - perhaps not.

I have looked in the forums and found that this issue is well documented - none with a resolution though :-)

http://www.digitalspy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=965657 being one example

The strange thing is that it has only started in the past week or so - very strange, but then again this is BTV!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had the problem you are experiencing. However, when I first used HDMI I did notice that I had to give the connector a really hard shove to get it to connect correctly to the Vbox.
  • Options
    wwwebberwwwebber Posts: 3,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just get the orange warning message when I switch to BTVision from another HDMI source - its stays up for a second or two then disappears. Apart from this, I have no other problems.

HDMI support for this version of the Vbox seems to be flaky at best. I dont know whats going on - it either supports HDMI or it doesnt. I can certainly understand any frustration from those who cant use HDMI or from those who have regular problems.

I can only guess that this is down to either MS who maybe struggling with HDMI or Philips who might not of implemented HDMI properly at a hardware level in the first place. The current Vbox is getting long in the tooth now so maybe these issues are here to stay and that the Vbox 2 will finally provide FULL support for HDMI.
  • Options
    rubble2rubble2 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    I find that I experience the same sound loss when connected by HDMI is the resolution is set to 1080, reset the resolution to 720 and the problem disappears.