Forum Member
✭✭✭
she was outsanding remind me of alice fredman allover again

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just watching it now. amazing voice - could easily do musical theatre. although I'm sure someone will be along soon to say she wasn't all that :)
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best act this year, so far.
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only saw her performance on You Tube need to watch BGT later on as I recorded it.
    I thought she is amazing
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good vocal, just worry that 99% of her air time will be about her backstory
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I thought she was really good, only saw the end but amazing voice :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    good vocal, just worry that 99% of her air time will be about her backstory

Fair point.

Her back-story is totally irrelevant to the viewers anyway, but her talent is most definitely very very relevant. Compared to those performing uncoordinated fools who got the golden buzzer, she is a potential winner.
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair point.

Her back-story is totally irrelevant to the viewers anyway, but her talent is most definitely very very relevant. Compared to those performing uncoordinated fools who got the golden buzzer, she is a potential winner.

No question she has talent, particularly since it sounded to me as though her voice was totally untrained. If it turns out she's been taking lessons for 10 years, that would make a difference to me. The other thing she has going for her is a charming manner and sufficient good looks that she could glam up easily. The downer is, 30 something women who sing traditional vocals are hard for Simon to market, particularly if they aren't songwriters. If she were to win, she'd make some money on the BGT tour and get signed and put out an album but, I think, that would be pretty much it. See Sam Bailey or Mary Byrne. Simon is more interested in kids who sing pop, particularly boybands. That's the pot of gold.

What I hope for her, with all those kids, is that BGT leads to some local venue or restaurant giving her a regular singing gig, so she could take care of her family while singing professionally. And who knows, maybe, when the kids are older, she could go on to other things.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watching it now. amazing voice - could easily do musical theatre. although I'm sure someone will be along soon to say she wasn't all that :)

That will be me then :blush:

I just didn't enjoy it. Her voice, the lumbering arrangement that almost sounded out of time throughout, to me. Just left me cold, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, that would be me! Yes, a very good voice but it's endlessly annoying when people think someone could become a stage actress (because that is the most important thing, not vocals actually) on the back of just a decent voice. So no, not a musical theatre future and her lack of clear commercial appeal limits her significantly. I did like her, but I suspect her path to the finals will be aided almost entirely with her backstory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That will be me then :blush:
    dizzie wrote: »
    lol, that would be me!

Make up your minds! :D
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't think it was all that :D

She's an alright singer but the sob story just completely put me off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    I agree with the posts about the sob stories , single mum, mum of 5 , abusive relationship , prem twins etc - how much more of a sob story could they have used ??! It put me off her even before she began singing , sob story overkill , when she has a lovely voice and that should have just carried her through without the back story .
  • Options
    Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely looking lady, beautiful kids, top-drawer sob story, very good voice...... but what a BORING, seen-it-a-million-times song choice and arrangement.

They should've buzzed her the moment she started singing and insisted she perform something else.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I thought she was quite good, but not much more than that.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good voice. I hope she has two more good songs in her locker
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a great voice, BUT, I've came across stuff on the internet where she's described as a professional singer so once again we have BGT attempting to pull the wool over our eyes
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    becky o,brian

Why does she spell her name with a comma rather than an apostrophe? How pretentious
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    She has a great voice, BUT, I've came across stuff on the internet where she's described as a professional singer so once again we have BGT attempting to pull the wool over our eyes

OR .. BGT doing what they've done since day one and inviting people to try out who they think might have a chance, regardless of what they may or may not do.

I would have thought that that idea was fairly common knowledge by now ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    becky o,brian

Why does she spell her name with a comma rather than an apostrophe? How pretentious

The OP made a typo, that's all.

She is Becky O'Brian
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She had a good voice but I thought she was completely out of time on the song. Sob story didn't help either. >:(