I love Shaun Ryder.... had to get that one out!

I know you will all *yawn* and call me tedious, but some things just need to be said :D

I loved the Happy Mondays music, but never liked Shaun Ryder. I thought he was the absolute definitionof an arrogant tosser.

Now, however, I really love this drug free version. He is such a sound bloke.

I did love Dom Jolly pointing out the irony of a man who had spent 20 years off his face on a concoction of illegal and legal drugs being the man with the fastest reactions. Class!

Shaun for the win!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I agreee!!
    Shaun Ryder is one of my musical heroes. Yes the drugs and all the stuff that goes with it ultimately will affect the body, but his mind is still sharp.. he seems a sound, honest geezer

I loved John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten, he never compromised who he was and neither will Shaun Ryder :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Hear hear. I don't normally watch celeb stuff, but when I heard Shaun was on I had to watch.
  • spoddamsspoddams Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    I met and interviewed Shaun back in 1989 - and he was pretty much the same as he is on 'Celeb' - a decent bloke.

Here's hoping he wins now...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this BBC documentary on Shaun, "The Ecstasy and the Agony"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Madchester' was a little bit before my time but I read Peter Hooks book on running The Hacienda and got the impression Shaun Ryder was a bit of a character.

I really like him so far:)
  • Joanne yyJoanne yy Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had never heard of Shaun when he entered the jungle - but I thought he was funny from the start (sleeping through arguments etc:D) He is really cool, and I hope he is there until the end. He was amazing when he done the bush tucker trial - just got on with it, no self pity :p
  • EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joanne yy wrote: »
    I had never heard of Shaun when he entered the jungle - but I thought he was funny from the start (sleeping through arguments etc:D) He is really cool, and I hope he is there until the end. He was amazing when he done the bush tucker trial - just got on with it, no self pity :p

I was out of the UK for most of the '90s so had no idea who Shaun was either at the start of this series.

I think he's lovely, a very funny bloke and strangely attractive. He has a nice smile. :o
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun to win, hes coming over as a decent down to earth guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Shaun Ryder is a legend! :D
  • cyberwarcyberwar Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard him sing, but based on his appearance on this show, he seems a decent guy,I do like him, but I think he needs to come out of his shell a bit. He needs to interact a bit more.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably biased because I was at the peak of my partying days when the whole Madchester thing was going on so spent many a great night in a bar or club listening to the Monday, Roses etc.

The likes of Shaun and Ian Brown were legends back in the day and many of may era will always think of them in those terms.

Shaun FTW
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lazyitus wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this BBC documentary on Shaun, "The Ecstasy and the Agony"

I just finished watching this - wow! He's come a long way. Especially considering the documentary was filmed after he'd supposedly cleaned himself up and he still looked hardly able to function. I dread to think what he was like before that:eek:
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And considering the years of abuse he put his body through he's not been deemed "medically" unfit for any trial
    :)
    Either lucky or the constitution of an ox.
  • Britt_IshraelBritt_Ishrael Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Shaun to win. He's been great!
  • dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    He has to make the final at least. Definitely one of the best this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if we will get any 'Should someone who took drugs be on programmes like this?' that we got when Bez was on Celebrity Big Brother or have times moved on?
  • dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    If anyone who's ever taken drugs was excluded, there'd be a vastly smaller pool of celebrities to choose from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodgygeeza wrote: »
    If anyone who's ever taken drugs was excluded, there'd be a vastly smaller pool of celebrities to choose from.

This is undoubtedly true but there were a lot of posts on the topic when CBB was on - either things have changed or Gillian is deflecting the attention of those who disapprove.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how they have titled him Music Legend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I agreee!!
    Shaun Ryder is one of my musical heroes. Yes the drugs and all the stuff that goes with it ultimately will affect the body, but his mind is still sharp.. he seems a sound, honest geezer

I loved John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten, he never compromised who he was and neither will Shaun Ryder :cool:
    Until he decided to do a rubbish advert about butter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun is a top bloke. He's definately on my very short list of people I would like to see win this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tallulah44 wrote: »
    Until he decided to do a rubbish advert about butter.

Which apparently was done in order to fund the PiL reunion tour.
  • sparklysheilasparklysheila Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    vidalia wrote: »
    Which apparently was done in order to fund the PiL reunion tour.

It's still not very rock n roll is it?

Anyway I could listen to Shaun's droll one liners all night - top bloke and I never thought I'd be saying that anytime soon :p
  • EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved his remark about Gillian "fannying around" all night. Also the "Kettlin' me swede" thing.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I wonder if we will get any 'Should someone who took drugs be on programmes like this?' that we got when Bez was on Celebrity Big Brother or have times moved on?

I like Shaun but its quite a conservative and older audience who vote on this. You usually have to be quite safe as going by the previous winners.

I dont think he will win