The scene with Baby Jack crying was so upsetting

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've despised the character of Molly for a long time, but tonight when she was trapped in the rubble with Baby Jack crying was so sad:( It was obvious that she's not going to make it, especially as she seemed to pass out after realising she was bleeding heavily.

Did it get to anyone else?

Comments

• tulvingtulving Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually started crying - he looked so cold and scared. Of course it could be my pregnancy hormones :)
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    The baby's screams sent shivers through me. Very harrowing. Similarly, seeing Simon scared in the cupboard affected me too.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad scenes, for so long, I wanted her trammed, now I want her to live :(
  • XandieXandie Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I had to go and check on my little 15mth old boy after watching that, I felt so sad :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cried my eyes out at the scences of jack crying
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The baby was really crying as well, I hope he wasn't distressed:(
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Molly scene was the one scene that sent me to tears. Was awful:(:cry:
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member

Collinson gave an interview somewhere (so many interviews, can;t remember where) saying that a very realistic doll was used and any time we zoom in to the baby's face, it was nowhere near the wreckage so never in any discomfort. Although arguably to cry, there must have been a little...maybe they flicked it's nose? :cool:
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Phil made a point of telling people the baby scenes are in a completely different set and they use close up shots as if they zoomed out it'd show Molly lied comfortably
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was an anamatronic Jack.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil made a point of telling people the baby scenes are in a completely different set and they use close up shots as if they zoomed out it'd show Molly lied comfortably

That was always her problem really ;)
  • Dolly TubbDolly Tubb Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I've read all those interviews too and I know that it is all pretend, and the baby is really OK but that little baby has been so sunny and smiling in previous episodes and then it was obviously so distressed, and Molly too, oooh, I had to reach for the tissues.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose anything could have made the baby cry, the noise, or because it was dark etc
  • Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel exactly the same, these episodes aren't easy on mums of little boys ( or probably girls)! And thinking what Becky must be going through made me feel sick too. I can't believe the episode ended before we saw Jason appearing at the door with Simon - don't know how I'm gonna sleep :(
  • MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we talking about that scene when Molly passed out? I didnt think the baby was crying, just sort of talking/calling out.

I thought the baby was quite cute in that particular scene.
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Having watched it again I believe that the crying Baby Jack was in fact the Animatronic (and very convincing) Baby Jack. If you look at his mouth closley I believe you can tell
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The baby's screams sent shivers through me. Very harrowing. Similarly, seeing Simon scared in the cupboard affected me too.

I agree wholeheartedly. I really hope Simon survives. It is sad seeing young children in perilous situations.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People worrying about the real baby in the scene shouldn't because they will have done everything in the right way. As has been said before, it's only a real baby in the very close-up shots, and that could be Molly lying on any set there you can't tell.

It's very easy to make a baby that age cry, all they will have done is have Vicki hold her for a bit longer than normal, then it's natural for the baby to start crying for someone familiar, not because they've made him cry by hurting him or something. It's crazy to think they'd ever do anything like that. Shots with real young babies only last for a few seconds then they're passed back to their mum or dad.
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tulving wrote: »
    I actually started crying - he looked so cold and scared. Of course it could be my pregnancy hormones :)

Me too! I'm 17 weeks and I sobbed in that scene. Didn't you just want to grab him and wrap him up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I teared up at the scene when Molly got the doll down and began to sing to Jack to quiet his cries. Vicky Binns has been amazing these last few episodes.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Collinson gave an interview somewhere (so many interviews, can;t remember where) saying that a very realistic doll was used

For Molly? A Cabbage Patch doll, perhaps? :p
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,714
    Forum Member
    I think this baby is the best actor on TV - first he was laughing at Kevin last night, now crying on queue tonight. Give this child a BAFTA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not particularly baby-minded, but even I found it upsetting when he was crying in the rubble.

Strange how I hate the thought of a child or an animal being harmed, but I don't care about the adults! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    :( i really want molly to be ok, that scene with baby jack had me in tears, whatever you think of molly taking away a babys mother is just heartbreaking.

and yeah, the look on simons face when jason found him....awwww
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    I found it equally upsetting when Molly and Tyrone were having the big argument and baby Jack was subjected to all their shouting and aggression. This happens a lot in soaps and I just don't think it's good for babies and young children to be in such scenes.:(