Emmerdale: Do You like Emma?

AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
Forum Member
✭✭
Do you like Emma in Emmerdale? I most certainly do not, as while Gillian Kearney is a good actress, I can't take to her at all, and find her a creepy and deranged psycho who should be locked up. I reckon she'll kill or badly hurt someone in the next year.

Do you like Emma? 97 votes

Yes
34%
Adam LawannwSecretLifeoBeesmojo5000mpondCody1kaiserbeebig dangv6lcraig_25[Deleted User]dekafskteoskSorcha_27nightwish1990Ella71110OldnjadedBastardBeavertrevor tigerJanet Plank 33 votes
No
53%
EddyBeeDianePPWW[Deleted User]SteveOwenmolliepopsStarDeltaBonesy84dd68DancesWithKatsLesbdesperate houseMiss C. DeVilleRadicalNatureAndybearmac2708babyegghils0912samcains90meelymunch 52 votes
She's Alright
12%
lulu gSick Bullet[Deleted User]tq21Randomguy83SuperAPJcyrilandshirleyHound of LoveCreamtealou_123srhgts[Deleted User] 12 votes

Comments

• danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmm I'm not sure. I don't think the actress is very convincing as a bitch, which doesn't help. When she says nasty things it sounds a bit fake. She's just too softly spoken. It just doesn't work for me.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I love watching her and can't wait for what she does next! She's such a troublemaker and her and Ross have more in common than they would likely admit to. He's a sneak and so is Emma. It's often the quiet ones you should watch out for and in Emma's case this is true! I hope she sticks around.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't think anyone could 'like' the unhinged fruit loop, but I think she's entertaining as a character and I do love watching to see what her next evil plan will be. :D

Plus anyone that causes trouble for Darth Barton and Foghorn Leghorn can't be all bad. ;-)
  • skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I like her. But I'm probably not meant to.
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Great actress and Emma is the nutcase we're all waiting to see go bat shit crazy.

My only wish is that they don't make her too panto and over the top, or to do anything completely unforgivable, I'd love for her to stick around :)
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I don't think anyone could 'like' the unhinged fruit loop, but I think she's entertaining as a character and I do love watching to see what her next evil plan will be. :D

Plus anyone that causes trouble for Darth Barton and Foghorn Leghorn can't be all bad. ;-)

Who's Foghorn Leghorn? :confused: Is it Chas?
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I love her!
  • nemesisisnemesisis Posts: 6,167
    Forum Member
    ha seems like another Sally Spode to me
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Who's Foghorn Leghorn? :confused: Is it Chas?
    Sorry, yes. :D
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Hate her!
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    I think shes fantastic and fascinating and the actress has wonderful expression. Shes so watchable it doesn't matter that james is dull.

Shes conniving and shameless but delicate and troubled that I feel sorry for her everytime shes abused by loudmouths like Chas and Debby. The character has an elegance and complexity which I think is unique at the moment

I hope they have plans for her because she has a lot of potential.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    She is a psychiatrists dream
  • KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Can't stand her! I wish she'd go away and take James and their brood with her!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    Not really but I don't think you suppose to
    For a so-called villain, she's a bit tame. A slightly poor attempt at another bitch while Charity is in prison.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I love her..I just wish she would be more devious ..it's certainly more entertaining when she's around...
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I didn't like the character when she first appeared. Although I clicked 'Llke' now, I really mean that her character is becoming more watchable, more psycho; poor James is in for some misery.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    I liked her to start with, now I just find her really annoying.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I didn't like the character when she first appeared. Although I clicked 'Llke' now, I really mean that her character is becoming more watchable, more psycho; poor James is in for some misery.

I somehow think ...not only James...:o:o
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I clicked that I didn't like her, but I do find her entertaining. I hope that she actually kills James soon, and hopefully when she does Foghorn and saint Aaron will be in the car with them as it careers over the top on the moors and bursts into flames!
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a bit too pantomime.

There's no real nuance or subtlety to her characterisation.

Plot device character and nothing else.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    She's Alright
    She's a bit too pantomime.

There's no real nuance or subtlety to her characterisation.

Plot device character and nothing else.

Same. She's OK for some evil plotting fun, mwahahahaha etc, but there's so much more they could have done, exploring her relationships with her sons. It seems a waste, tbh.
  • MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    masterquan wrote: »
    I think shes fantastic and fascinating and the actress has wonderful expression. Shes so watchable it doesn't matter that james is dull.

Shes conniving and shameless but delicate and troubled that I feel sorry for her everytime shes abused by loudmouths like Chas and Debby. The character has an elegance and complexity which I think is unique at the moment

I hope they have plans for her because she has a lot of potential.

Agree with all of this. The cheek of Chas and Debbie is unbelievable, they have both had affairs themselves, yet whenever somebody does the same to them, it is somehow seen to be unacceptable and they can go around making threats and attacking people. It's the nerve of Aaron more; currently having a fling with a married man but when somebody else has a one night stand, it's acceptable for him to violently assault them and then expect to get away with it? Emma is a brilliant character, the actress is particularly good.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. Emma is a bitch, but entertaining too. Gillian is a good actress, which also helps.:)
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. Gillian is a good actress and is wasted/wrong for the panto character they have created.
    Forum Member
    Yes
    MK184 wrote: »
    Agree with all of this. The cheek of Chas and Debbie is unbelievable, they have both had affairs themselves, yet whenever somebody does the same to them, it is somehow seen to be unacceptable and they can go around making threats and attacking people. It's the nerve of Aaron more; currently having a fling with a married man but when somebody else has a one night stand, it's acceptable for him to violently assault them and then expect to get away with it? Emma is a brilliant character, the actress is particularly good.
    Definitely agree. The Dingles do love to throw their weight around!