Intermittant loss of sound

I keep losing sound on my BT vision, Box is connected to the TV via a HDMI cable.

Is this a common fault and a software problem? and is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

Comments

• rubble2rubble2 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Try changing the resolution from 1080 to 720, sound loss on 1080 is a known problem
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I keep losing sound on my BT vision, Box is connected to the TV via a HDMI cable.

Is this a common fault and a software problem? and is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

If by intermittent you mean odd words like continuous hiccups - try coming out of on demand to live TV and going back in again. We have this now and again and it seems to go back to normal again. However if you mean a complete silence then this may not work.
    Sometimes the sound goes out of synch and changing the channel works for that problem too, but that also happens on our other digital TV's so isn't a BTV problem.
  • miss pmiss p Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    i use it at 1080 and i did loose sound i also use a sling box pro at 1080 to and i can catch on my tv in work when iam on my brake all i did was give the v box a heavey boot and its been fine ever since also i swope the hdmi cable around to

love pi ;)
    Forum Member
    rubble2 wrote: »
    Try changing the resolution from 1080 to 720, sound loss on 1080 is a known problem

What is this 'resolution' and where do you find it? How do people know these things?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resolution is only relevant if you have an HD ready TV and connect from the VBox using an HDMI cable.

The HD resolutions are 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. The order goes from lower HD to highest HD. The highest broadcast HD resolution is 1080i. Blu-Ray DVD can be 1080p.

You can change the picture settings (resolution) using the TV Settings menu on the VBox.

Quite why it should affect the sound is beyond me but someone will know. I have been using upscaling to 1080i for a year now and have never had any problem with sound.

I hope this helps. :)
    Forum Member
    sirpipe wrote: »
    Resolution is only relevant if you have an HD ready TV and connect from the VBox using an HDMI cable.

The HD resolutions are 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. The order goes from lower HD to highest HD. The highest broadcast HD resolution is 1080i. Blu-Ray DVD can be 1080p.

You can change the picture settings (resolution) using the TV Settings menu on the VBox.

Quite why it should affect the sound is beyond me but someone will know. I have been using upscaling to 1080i for a year now and have never had any problem with sound.

I hope this helps. :)

Thanks - Just wondered. We have HD ready TV but we are connected via a normal cable,so don't suppose it affects us.
  • wwwebberwwwebber Posts: 3,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - Just wondered. We have HD ready TV but we are connected via a normal cable,so don't suppose it affects us.

Do you have a HDMI connection on your TV ? if you do then I suggest you get yourself a HDMI cable and use it. It really is a step change from scart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    I've been running BTV via HDMi from the off and the intermittent sound is really rather annoying. I tend to just pause for about 1 minute and then it will return to normal.
    Haven't tried the 720p option (been running 1080i) but will give that a go as my other half keeps laughing every time the stuttering people start on Sky News lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    And it's still happening now. I'm running 1080i as well, and likewise, normally just persevere for a minute or so until it comes back on. It really is very annoying though.