The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    And her nickname was Grimbo which she seemed to think meant Granny Bimbo whereas I’d place the emphasis on the “Grim” part. The other ageing bottle-blonde beside her was also bringing further disrepute to the Mutton-dressed-as-lamb brigade. I wish they’d dress their age or their IQ, whichever is higher....

Maybe Wrighty’s show is on a lot of pensioners bucket lists and he rotates them in the audience as they die off?

But what is dressing our age..what should a mid sixties bottle blonde like me wear? (I ain't Grimbo by the way...I'm a lot less wrinkly) I don't wear minis and I don't flash the slighty crepey cleavage ( well not too much).Just in case I apply to trudge down to the metropilis to appear on the show, can you direct me to a nice burkha emporium.:D;)
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizaj wrote: »
    But what is dressing our age..what should a mid sixties bottle blonde like me wear? (I ain't Grimbo by the way...I'm a lot less wrinkly) I don't wear minis and I don't flash the slighty crepey cleavage ( well not too much).Just in case I apply to trudge down to the metropilis to appear on the show, can you direct me to a nice burkha emporium.:D;)

Long answer short - If you start taking fashion tips from your granddaughter, then you know you’ve crossed a line.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say the 'bottle blonde' bit depends on what type of blonde? I used to work with a woman who then was in her early 50's and was peroxide blonde. Without putting too finer point on it not only did it put a good ten years on her, it also made her look like a rough trollop....which I hasten to add she wasn't.....but the peroxide blonde gave her that appearance.

Some women in your age group undoubtedly still have good figures and possibly very nice legs, but would look a bit silly in mini skirts. On the knee with a pair of quality sheer tights/stockings plus good heels looks very classy....IMO. Yes i'm a bloke who openly admits to looking at women who dress like women.....in skirts rather than jeans and trainers.....and if that makes me sound like a male chauvinist pig then so be it! :)

As for the cleavage bit.......if you have it, flaunt it. Within reason of course! Why not? If a woman has a nice boobs and cleavage I would much rather they are proud of that than trying to hide it. I've never quite figured out what goes on in some womens heads who seem to hate their boobs so much they squash them down or cover them in big baggy jumpers.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it my imagination or is Angela Rippon a bit manic?

If you mean can she string a coherent sentence together unlike most of the other bubbleheads they invite for one day ? then yes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you mean can she string a coherent sentence together unlike most of the other bubbleheads they invite for one day ? then yes.

No, I meant at the start of the show she was un-necessarily loud and talking very fast. And how often did she say Anne was in her sixties when in fact she is 58?
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I meant at the start of the show she was un-necessarily loud and talking very fast. And how often did she say Anne was in her sixties when in fact she is 58?

Oh I see, I rarely watch it from the off, I only really watch the Paper Reviews bit.

Wrighty getting attacked from the 3 panellists regarding the item about Pedestrians getting run down.

He can't help himself being argumentative, unless he takes the opposing view deliberately to illicit a debate.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toe curling :eek: Every time AR said AD was in her 60s - and she said it many times - I cringed and was waiting for AD to correct her. Thing is, they were both around on TV in the 80s and AR would have known she was 10 years older than AD then so why age her now? Miaow methinks :p
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,150
    Forum Member

You can wear anything you like, but try to keep your legs shut:cool:
    Nothing worst than seeing a grannies kebab in the morning:eek:
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy Edwards never seems to age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Long answer short - If you start taking fashion tips from your granddaughter, then you know you’ve crossed a line.

Well I do wear leggings (really warm ones) but not Moshi-Monster tops....:D and you'll be pleased to hear my tops are nice and long....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To tell truth once you've seen one kebab you've seen 'em all...:eek:
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh, please, Ed, I'm having my dinner!
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Oh I see, I rarely watch it from the off, I only really watch the Paper Reviews bit.

Wrighty getting attacked from the 3 panellists regarding the item about Pedestrians getting run down.

He can't help himself being argumentative, unless he takes the opposing view deliberately to illicit a debate.

I think he does that to a certain extent - playing 'Devil's Advocate' and all that, but you're right, he sometimes can't help being argumentative.

I think Angela was getting a little impatient with him. :D
  • shoppingqueenshoppingqueen Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Loved Angela, she actually gave thought through answers! I did laugh at her aging of Anne though :-)
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not my favourite person on tv, but that girl from BB looks well!
  • Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh. Wrighty was far too polite to the Welsh caller on the GCSE TP, he was making no sense whatsoever and took an age to get the words out. First caller knew her stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not my favourite person on tv, but that girl from BB looks well!

Admire how much weight she has lost but do thing she is looking like she has gone a bit too far. Her cheeks are a bit sunken and her mouth looks a bit too big for her face.
  • Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good show, Josie is always fun and down to earth. Sugar TP was the highlight - bit harsh that one of the callers had a go at Josie for doing a Yasmin (shaking her head during the call). Hitler TP fell flat because Jews aren't a race.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angelsbaby wrote: »
    Admire how much weight she has lost but do thing she is looking like she has gone a bit too far. Her cheeks are a bit sunken and her mouth looks a bit too big for her face.

Was listening to the show rather than watching, but the first time I saw her I thought she looked well, then I noticed in another shot she looked a bit gaunt...Hope she maintains the weight loss and not do a yo-yo thing as many 'celeb' dieters do.
    Good show, Josie is always fun and down to earth. Sugar TP was the highlight - bit harsh that one of the callers had a go at Josie for doing a Yasmin (shaking her head during the call). Hitler TP fell flat because Jews aren't a race.

I found the sugar thing very interesting, I'm trying to cut out sugar too and didn't realise just how much of the stuff is around us, Marsha the caller was a bit stern wasn't she?
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another Home and Away bod tomorrow.....:rolleyes:

And which tatty Five programmes will Kevin be undeservedly praising I wonder?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet another Home and Away bod tomorrow.....:rolleyes:

It's becoming unbearable. A constant stream of Home & Away and Big Brother bores. I'm seriously close to giving up on the show altogether.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comparing sugar as addictive as heroin was totally OTT. Heroin has killed countless people, some within very short periods of time too. I don't know of any one single case where someone has overdosed on sugar to the point of killing themselves with sugar being the sole contributory cause.

Actually I thought the lady callers comments (who caused the head shaking you mention), put her points of view forward excellently and coherently. MW didn't seem so keen as he usually is to disagree either.

The Hitler topic, everyone knew what subject it related to though I didn't catch whether the teacher concerned was of Jewish faith or not? However, had this occurred in Germany, Belgium, Austria or Netherlands.......it would have been treated in a very different manner altogether.
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Comparing sugar as addictive as heroin was totally OTT. Heroin has killed countless people, some within very short periods of time too. I don't know of any one single case where someone has overdosed on sugar to the point of killing themselves with sugar being the sole contributory cause.

No-one was saying that sugar was as debilitating as heroin, they were saying it's as addictive as heroin. Two different things.
  • skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Josie looked much better before her weight-loss (face-wise). What has she done to her lips? She looks like she's been a victim of The Joker!

And when MW said to her, "You haven't stopped smiling since you got here." Well, that summed it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone missing Eric?
This discussion has been closed.