BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 56)

Comments

• ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    If nothing else, I would like the old smilies back, this new lot are naff, much preferred the coloured ones, at least you just needed to glance at them to know what expression was being conveyed.

Morning acker (insert toothy green grin)

" waves " to Flora ....im off to the shop to find out whos buying that copy of the Morning Star ....im actually a " minor " shareholder blush smiley
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Wahhh! can't keep up, the site keeps changing before my very eyes, unless I'm hallucinating.
    I have read back but I can't find the multi quote button so I am just going to content myself with a general wave all round as all the posts are about the darned site changes, anyway.
    *** Flounces ***
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Wahhh! can't keep up, the site keeps changing before my very eyes, unless I'm hallucinating.
    I have read back but I can't find the multi quote button so I am just going to content myself with a general wave all round as all the posts are about the darned site changes, anyway.
    *** Flounces ***
    Morning Arte.:--))))))))))))))))

Haven't you got a little (+) at the side of the (Quote) button, i have.
    Forum Member
    Surely, if everyone uses this Quick Reply box at the bottom of every page then you needn't bother about smilies anyway as i don't think you get them.

But if you press Go Advanced button you get the smilies.

So clever isn't it.
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Morning Arte.:--))))))))))))))))

Haven't you got a little (+) at the side of the (Quote) button, i have.

No, I don't have that and I don't have any smilies because I can only access the quick reply button. yesterday, I had the choice of advanced, but not today. Obviously, it is a work in progress.
    Forum Member
    Surely, if everyone uses this Quick Reply box at the bottom of every page then you needn't bother about smilies anyway as i don't think you get them.

So clever isn't it.

It is only 'clever' if you have an advanced button, which I don't atm.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    I dont give a **** what Tom selects mad smiley ( thatll have to do ) ....just saying.....only sticking my head in to say " morning any and all " really ( old habits die hard I suppose )...shant be hanging around as I dont want a headache .....over 5000 posts in the feedback thread and not one visit from a mod or anybody to tell us what ( if anything ) was going on......bring back the bloody smileys you churlish shower of sh*t ......laters ( old school yellow smiley )
    Morning ack.
    If nothing else, I would like the old smilies back, this new lot are naff, much preferred the coloured ones, at least you just needed to glance at them to know what expression was being conveyed.

Morning acker (insert toothy green grin)
    The new smilies are pointless, they convey absolutely nothing, & why the hell would anyone sane use the 'love' one? Anyone who does clearly needs a smack round the head with a shovel, & as for the 'devil' Wtf is that about!

So clever isn't it
    What's clever about it? It's been that way for as long as I've been a member on DS!
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Morning ack.

The new smilies are pointless, they convey absolutely nothing, & why the hell would anyone sane use the 'love' one? Anyone who does clearly needs a smack round the head with a shovel, & as for the 'devil' Wtf is that about!

What's clever about it? It's been that way for as long as I've been a member on DS!

Expect the old smilies don't fit in with the new look, too colourful by far.
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New smilies all look the same. Rubbish.
    Forum is horrible now, ah well, I'll get a lot more done cos I'll not be on here so much. Wonder if there's been any significant change in the forum traffic since the changeover?
    Have the MODs made any comments on the feedback they've received so far yet? Bet their ears are burning...
    Forum Member
    No, I don't have that and I don't have any smilies because I can only access the quick reply button. yesterday, I had the choice of advanced, but not today. Obviously, it is a work in progress.
    Wonder why yours should be different than mine?
    Morning ack.

I realise that, just that i've never used the quick reply button.
    Forum Member
    Is it just my eyes or has the text gone a bit darker?, looks better anyway.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    It wasn’t broke so why did they try to fix it? :(
    Exactly - it's like walking into John Lewis and discovering it all looks different - I'd walk straigt out again. And I still have the key sticking for the first few sentences, certainly hasn't cured that:mad:
    TheElf wrote: »
    *walks in*

Forum still a bomb site then...

*kicks bin*

Hi Elfy- I've kicked it too - I hate not recognising my 'own space' ....
    Morning SR. Think we are stuck with it unfortunately.

Bum,then.
    *** Flounces ***

I had the multi quote button yesterday, today it seems to be there sometimes but not all the time. Rubbish. The background is so bright I need my shades ......
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone.(insert smiley. I cant see a thing) This is a general acknowledgement and I may or may not reply to individual posts. Those who don't like it can either block me or f the f off.
    Morning Hicky.

Morning Flora........still the same naff old....errrr, new site, I see. Even turning the brightness down doesn't help any.
    I cant really use it like this. I have got my darkest glasses on and am waving the laptop in front of my face.
    Morning SR. Think we are stuck with it unfortunately.
    You would think they would be horrified at the reaction wouldnt you? (insert eye rolling smiley. In fact, insert ten of them)

So clever isn't it.
    No.
    nowahalla wrote: »
    New smilies all look the same. Rubbish.
    Forum is horrible now, ah well, I'll get a lot more done cos I'll not be on here so much. Wonder if there's been any significant change in the forum traffic since the changeover?
    Have the MODs made any comments on the feedback they've received so far yet? Bet their ears are burning...
    cant actually see the smileys but i find the devil ones a bit weird and offensive.
    Is it just my eyes or has the text gone a bit darker?, looks better anyway.
    No, its causing you to go blind. (insert pulling tongue smiley)
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Exactly - it's like walking into John Lewis and discovering it all looks different - I'd walk straigt out again. And I still have the key sticking for the first few sentences, certainly hasn't cured that:mad:

Hi Elfy- I've kicked it too - I hate not recognising my 'own space' ....

Bum,then.

I had the multi quote button yesterday, today it seems to be there sometimes but not all the time. Rubbish. The background is so bright I need my shades ......
    The piano patterned mini skirt at the op of the page is a bit shorter today. (insert puzzled smiley)
    I don't mind if the layout changes. In fact i couldn't give a monkeys what it looks like as long as it works, but it doesn't, and has excluded people with all sorts of vision problems.
    Why would they want to do that? (insert twenty-five furious smileys)
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone.(insert smiley. I cant see a thing) This is a general acknowledgement and I may or may not reply to individual posts. Those who don't like it can either block me or f the f off.
    I cant really use it like this. I have got my darkest glasses on and am waving the laptop in front of my face.

You would think they would be horrified at the reaction wouldnt you? (insert eye rolling smiley. In fact, insert ten of them)

No.

cant actually see the smileys but i find the devil ones a bit weird and offensive.

The piano patterned mini skirt at the op of the page is a bit shorter today. (insert puzzled smiley)
    I don't mind if the layout changes. In fact i couldn't give a monkeys what it looks like as long as it works, but it doesn't, and has excluded people with all sorts of vision problems.

Righty ho.
    Forum Member
    My screen is fine, wonder why some of you are experiencing problems.

They have darkened the text now and it's fine on my screen.

List of smilies.

Standard Smilies
    :cry::cry::):)
    :p:p;);)
    :D:D:(:(
    :mad: :mad: :love::love:
    :devil: :devil: :cool: :cool:
    :o:o>:)>:)
    :s:s:blush::blush:
    ^_^ ^_^ ;-) ;-)
    :-( :-( :confused::confused:
    :-) :-) :eek: :eek:
    :@ :@ >:( >:(
    :horns: :horns: :-D :-D
    :'-( :'-( :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    :yawn: :yawn: :sleep: :sleep:

First 15
    :cry::):p
    ;):D:(
    :mad: :love: :devil:
    :cool: :o>:)
    :s:blush: ^_^
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning everybody. I hope you are all OK & not too blinded by THE SUN aka Digital Spy.

No.

Not to mention I have your laptop on the lowest brightness setting.

It doesn't look TOO bad on the computer I play video games on. Perhaps they have it too hi-spec for regular computers? Would explain why Hicky can see it fine too.

They need to just revert back to the old design or I'll go post on mumsnet, not even joking.
    Forum Member
    My screen is fine, wonder why some of you are experiencing problems.

They have darkened the text now and it's fine on my screen.

All those smileys and still no sign of the only extra one we asked for, the vomitty one. And we need it like we have never needed it before!
    Morning everybody. I hope you are all OK & not too blinded by THE SUN aka Digital Spy.

Not to mention I have your laptop on the lowest brightness setting.

It doesn't look TOO bad on the computer I play video games on. Perhaps they have it too hi-spec for regular computers? Would explain why Hicky can see it fine too.

They need to just revert back to the old design or I'll go post on mumsnet, not even joking.
    Funnily enough, the colours are pretty much a copy of mumsnet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All those smileys and still no sign of the only extra one we asked for, the vomitty one. And we need it like we have never needed it before!

Funnily enough, the colours are pretty much a copy of mumsnet.

Am I being unreasonable wanting to slap whoever designed this?

...and what's with the tiny courier font (in the reply box)? Is it the 80's?
    Forum Member
    Am I being unreasonable wanting to slap whoever designed this?

...and what's with the tiny courier font (in the reply box)? Is it the 80's?

HAHAHA YANBU!

The design makes it look like one of those free sites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAHAHA YANBU!

The design makes it look like one of those free sites.

That's because it is. They've been using the same basic free forum software that's been available since dinosaurs roamed the earth.
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We hates it, we hates it naaaasssty 'obbitses *pouts and sulks*

Elfy, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan. Pleeeeese post in mumsnet, that would be awesome *grins evilly*

Tomorrow is the king's 86th birthday, so all hostilities have been suspended. However, all bets are off for Friday, currently taking bets on coup number 19 ...
    Forum Member
    Here are the colours that make up the page.

Got them from the html / java script info in the source code.

Here.
    Colour
    #E7EAFe
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/htmlcolor.pl?c=E7EAFE

#FFFFFF (white)
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/htmlcolor.pl?c=FFFFFF

#DBDBDB
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/htmlcolor.pl?c=DBDBDB

#D1D1E1
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/htmlcolor.pl?c=D1D1E1

Forum Member
    Here are the colours that make up the page.

Got them from the html / java script info in the source code.

Here.
    Colour
    #E7EAFe
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/htmlcolor.pl?c=E7EAFE

#FFFFFF (white)
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/htmlcolor.pl?c=FFFFFF

#DBDBDB
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/htmlcolor.pl?c=DBDBDB

#D1D1E1
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/htmlcolor.pl?c=D1D1E1

What are we supposed to do with that?Can we alter it ourselves? (baffled smiley)
    Forum Member
    What are we supposed to do with that?Can we alter it ourselves? (baffled smiley)
    You can't alter it without access to their site codes.

I was just showing were the colours came from and what needs altering to change them.

Here's a list of the hex values with the colours.
    http://www.immigration-usa.com/html_colors.html
    Forum Member
    You can't alter it without access to their site codes.

I was just showing were the colours came from and what needs altering to change them.

Here's a list of the hex values with the colours.
    http://www.immigration-usa.com/html_colors.html

FFCCFF is my favourite. (cool smiley)
This discussion has been closed.