HO's Freddie is currently the best character in soaps!

DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
Forum Member
✭✭
One of those who are so desperately, hilariously bad, they are freaking brilliant!:D
Every scene he's in makes me LMfAO, and tonight's E4 show was definately no exception!!!

Freddie rules!

Comments

• ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very one note actor. He has a permanent death stare and equates emotions with lowering his voice or looking longingly at someone. Doesn't help that he is in so many scenes lately.
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's so wooden and I don't think he is as sexy as people make out??
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the gangster stuff is really letting him down.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Very one note actor. He has a permanent death stare.

Nail on the head! And that's what is so appealing to my sense of humour.

This is what HO has over the other soaps.
    When they are bad they are just boring and barely watchable. HO can be the most ludicrous load of rubbish, like it was tonight, but it still entertains me!
    It can get away with the most stupid, OTT stories and the worst acting. The other soaps can't get away with that.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    He's entertaining the same way Tommy Wiseau's The Room is entertaining. The movie equivalent of Freddie Roscoe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if5eP3crl_4
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »

Yeh but I still like him. My heart went out to him when he thought Lindsey was going to tell him she loved him :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    He's entertaining the same way Tommy Wiseau's The Room is entertaining. The movie equivalent of Freddie Roscoe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if5eP3crl_4

LMFAO The room is the equivalent of HO in genreral:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's about as entertaining and interesting as an old bland carpet.

The love thing with Lindsey is vomit inducing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    The man is an acting masterclass. His staring alone is worthy of awards. Each one sends a quiver down my spine, as his eyes are as striking as a senile owl or a constipated Chucky doll. He has to stare at stuff a lot, in his situation.

- his father-in-law being a gangster, in secret
    - the sister-in-law he loves being a murder accomplice
    - his brother sleeping with his wife-to-be
    - his other brother sleeping with his half-brother's wife
    - his other other brother sleeping with his half-brother's Dad's wife
    - Trevor wanting to stop the stares forever, causing more stares
    - his wife to be's everlasting moonhead
    Forum Member

:D Although I'm not sure the writers of Hollyoaks have ever composed a line as brilliant as, "You are tearing me apart Lisa!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The love thing with Lindsey is vomit inducing.

It is indeed!
    But this is just another layer of true awfulness that is making him so watchable for me.:D
    Step over to the darkside and see the funny side in all of this.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    :D Although I'm not sure the writers of Hollyoaks have ever composed a line as brilliant as, "You are tearing me apart Lisa!"
    LOL:D
    actually if the cast of HO said "oh Hi" every single scene then you would never be able to even tell the difference between the room and HO:kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D

So true!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dixon wrote: »
    :D

So true!

Do you understand life? do you?

:cool:
    Forum Member
    Freddie should tell Fraser, "Put your stupid jobs in your pocket!"
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    He just looks so shocked the whole time!

Sandy: Hey, Freddie. We ran out of milk so I went out to get some.
    Freddie: :o

Robbie: Darn. I dropped something.
    Freddie. :o

Sinead: Hey, Freddie, could you pass the ketchup?
  • Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His facial expressions crack me up.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freddie confuses me. Charlie Clapham was a fairly solid, charismatic actor when he first came into it. I really liked him a lot. But it's like, as his storylines have got sillier with all this gangster crap, Charlie hasn't quite known what to do with it and so has decided to go for all-out weird in order to suit it. I get the impression he doesn't quite know HOW he's meant to be acting.

They really need to get him away from all this Grace crap (that woman is like a curse on the show) and back into more everyday storylines. He got a really good reception when he first came into it and was quite normal, if a bit of a black sheep. Now I just zone out during all the scenes he's involved with due to the repetitiveness and stupid writing.
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    He's so wooden and I don't think he is as sexy as people make out??

This!!!
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man is an acting masterclass. His staring alone is worthy of awards. Each one sends a quiver down my spine, as his eyes are as striking as a senile owl or a constipated Chucky doll. He has to stare at stuff a lot, in his situation.

- his father-in-law being a gangster, in secret
    - the sister-in-law he loves being a murder accomplice
    - his brother sleeping with his wife-to-be
    - his other brother sleeping with his half-brother's wife
    - his other other brother sleeping with his half-brother's Dad's wife
    - Trevor wanting to stop the stares forever, causing more stares
    - his wife to be's everlasting moonhead

And people thought John Paul's immediate circle/lovelife was confusing. :D
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    This thread is reassuring. I'm glad i'm not the only one who was thinking this way.

It's not that he's not a capable actor...it's just that I don't think he's as good as the material that's written for him. He still seems fairly naive in terms of what he's doing and just needs to get more experience under his belt. I wish there weren't these issues with him because I think I might take to the character more if it wasn't for this stuff.

From the Roscoes, the only one I would class as a good actor, rather than a capable, one is Charlie Wernham (and of course the woman who plays Lindsey is awesome). I really can't wrap my head around BK bringing these guys in and axing better actors and characters i.e. the Kanes.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Freddie confuses me. Charlie Clapham was a fairly solid, charismatic actor when he first came into it. I really liked him a lot. But it's like, as his storylines have got sillier with all this gangster crap, Charlie hasn't quite known what to do with it and so has decided to go for all-out weird in order to suit it. I get the impression he doesn't quite know HOW he's meant to be acting.

They really need to get him away from all this Grace crap (that woman is like a curse on the show) and back into more everyday storylines. He got a really good reception when he first came into it and was quite normal, if a bit of a black sheep. Now I just zone out during all the scenes he's involved with due to the repetitiveness and stupid writing.

Agreed. The gangster stuff is just annoying generally but it's slowly killing certain characters.

The last time I really liked Freddie was when he was supoprting Sinead with the prostitution SL (technically related to Trevor but not too heavy on gangster) and the Lindsey/Freddie scene where they reveal their crimes to eachother.
    los.kav wrote: »
    He just looks so shocked the whole time!

Sandy: Hey, Freddie. We ran out of milk so I went out to get some.

Robbie: Darn. I dropped something.
    Freddie. :o

Sinead: Hey, Freddie, could you pass the ketchup?

This is brilliant :D
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    He's awful.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Very one note actor. He has a permanent death stare and equates emotions with lowering his voice or looking longingly at someone. Doesn't help that he is in so many scenes lately.
    He's about as entertaining and interesting as an old bland carpet.

I have to agree. Very one note indeed.

The comments on this thread are surprising as I thought Freddie was really popular amongst most HO viewers. It seems the gangster rubbish has effected the popularity of the character.
    Forum Member
    From the Roscoes, the only one I would class as a good actor, rather than a capable, one is Charlie Wernham (and of course the woman who plays Lindsey is awesome). I really can't wrap my head around BK bringing these guys in and axing better actors and characters i.e. the Kanes

I agree with this. As much as I hate Robbie, Charlie Wernham I think does a very good job and definitely has some charisma on screen. Lindsey is good, but I wish she wasn't stuck with the Roscoes and had other storylines, perhaps concentrating more on her career. I think the other Roscoes are fine, if sometimes wooden with not the best storyline. Charlie Clapham is the one that sticks out to me as the most awkward on screen.