The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Outta My Head could be released later this year now that Simon has seen it live?!

I really really hope so, I think it would be missing out on a big opportunity to tie in with the DVD if not :D
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, the way they could tie it in with the DVD release is by having a video similar to 30 Seconds to Mars' new one.

It's a mix of live footage from the show, backstage stuff then 'video' footage (As in what you would normally see on a music video). That way they can promote the DVD and the album at the same time.
    It would get people watching too because obviously they'd see her 'off stage' personality.

It also wouldn't be 'weird' to release it as a single so many months after I Got You because it's promoting a new product, aswell as an old one... if you get what I mean? haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she's on X Factor this year, I can already imagine them using tour footage for the epic OTT introduction video they always do.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    You know, the way they could tie it in with the DVD release is by having a video similar to 30 Seconds to Mars' new one.

It's a mix of live footage from the show, backstage stuff then 'video' footage (As in what you would normally see on a music video). That way they can promote the DVD and the album at the same time.
    It would get people watching too because obviously they'd see her 'off stage' personality.

It also wouldn't be 'weird' to release it as a single so many months after I Got You because it's promoting a new product, aswell as an old one... if you get what I mean? haha

I like that idea but OMH deserves a cracking video imo like any other music videos.
    omgwtfbbq wrote: »
    If she's on X Factor this year, I can already imagine them using tour footage for the epic OTT introduction video they always do.

I would wet myself if that happened. :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that idea but OMH deserves a cracking video imo like any other music videos.

I agree with that, but I just think it'd be totally pointless releasing it as a single without some sort of tour footage in there otherwise there'd be no link to the DVD release, it'd just be a VERY late Echo single.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with that, but I just think it'd be totally pointless releasing it as a single without some sort of tour footage in there otherwise there'd be no link to the DVD release, it'd just be a VERY late Echo single.

Ok this sounds like a really stupid thing but watch this video (1:02 is the first significant bit):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDiFLkJLzM8

It could be like that where Leona is in the music video doing a pose which is replicating a pose/position/movement etc she did on the tour performance and there could be numerous transitions throughout.

EDIT: I just realised this video is actually a great example because they were promoted their movie at the time of this release.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok this sounds like a really stupid thing but watch this video (1:02 is the first significant bit):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDiFLkJLzM8

It could be like that where Leona is in the music video doing a pose which is replicating a pose/position/movement etc she did on the tour performance and there could be numerous transitions throughout.

EDIT: I just realised this video is actually a great example because they were promoted their movie at the time of this release.

Lol that's pretty much what I meant, :p having a music video tie in with the live footage so it's not 'just a single', but it's promoting the album and the DVD by having the studio version of the song (maybe extended?) with a mix of Music Video-ness (like what you posted then about the poses etc), live footage and then the odd backstage bit too even.

Heck they could even do a montage of the stuff they filmed for the tour If they're totally desperate lol! I'd like to see the BG videos in HQ (the horse and maze bits, etc)
  • Bec123Bec123 Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Show was absolutely AMAZING last night. It's so different to actually hear Leona's voice in person than it is from seeing her on tv/videos/radio etc. She really is just phenomenal.

I think my highlight had to be Happy. I love that song so much and can really identify with it, I think most people can, the lyrics are really relatable. You can definitely tell it means so much to Leona as well hence why she says so on the tour. Her vocals on it were just stunning last night. When she was doing that long run on 'Happy-eeeeeeeee....' just before the bridge, she held that high note a lot longer than I ever heard her do before. I made sure to get that part on video because I knew it'd be epic and I'm so glad I did. I'm sorry to say that was the only video I took though because I was so engrossed in the show. Got loads of pictures though.

First Time Ever I Saw Your Face was absolutely incredible too, she got another standing ovation for it which I loved taking part in. You can tell too that she was so grateful for the audience response, girl deserves every bit.

The crowd were deadly too, very noisy and enthusiastic. I could tell the people in the seats around me were loving the show too, think some were a bit surprised after performances like Outta My Head/Sweet Dreams etc. ;)

Speaking of fierce performances, Take a Bow was awesome! Definitely another one of the highlights, so much attitude from our girl! My friend who was with me (who wouldn't be much of a Leona fan at all) said these three words after the song: 'That was class.' Says it all really! :D

My mate said after the show that while he wouldn't be going out and buying her CDs, he thought the show was great and he was really glad he went and that he wasn't used to seeing her work the stage like that. Definitely came away with a lot more respect her for her after the show, he even went on to say that after seeing her live, she's definitely the best singer he's heard that's around today, something he wouldn't have said before.

Comments like that are just testament to how great this show is.

Wish I was going again on Tuesday now... :(
  • fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Evening Herald' review of last nights show is a bit of a hatchet job, clearly the guy went in with a negative opinion of Leona. I suspect he would have written the same review had he not even gone to the concert.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/going-out/first-night-leona-lewis-2237625.html

Anyway it is not exactly a prestigious 'newspaper' and does not sell a huge amount.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    'Evening Herald' review of last nights show is a bit of a hatchet job, clearly the guy went in with a negative opinion of Leona. I suspect he would have written the same review had he not even gone to the concert.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/going-out/first-night-leona-lewis-2237625.html

Anyway it is not exactly a prestigious 'newspaper' and does not sell a huge amount.

I bet he didn't even go to the show, he probably looked at a couple of photos. I really hate it when people don't even give things a chance, especially if they have to write a fair review.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member

I think the word 'prat' comes to mind reading that review.
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Bec123 wrote: »
    Show was absolutely AMAZING last night. It's so different to actually hear Leona's voice in person than it is from seeing her on tv/videos/radio etc. She really is just phenomenal.

I think my highlight had to be Happy. I love that song so much and can really identify with it, I think most people can, the lyrics are really relatable. You can definitely tell it means so much to Leona as well hence why she says so on the tour. Her vocals on it were just stunning last night. When she was doing that long run on 'Happy-eeeeeeeee....' just before the bridge, she held that high note a lot longer than I ever heard her do before. I made sure to get that part on video because I knew it'd be epic and I'm so glad I did. I'm sorry to say that was the only video I took though because I was so engrossed in the show. Got loads of pictures though.

First Time Ever I Saw Your Face was absolutely incredible too, she got another standing ovation for it which I loved taking part in. You can tell too that she was so grateful for the audience response, girl deserves every bit.

The crowd were deadly too, very noisy and enthusiastic. I could tell the people in the seats around me were loving the show too, think some were a bit surprised after performances like Outta My Head/Sweet Dreams etc. ;)

Speaking of fierce performances, Take a Bow was awesome! Definitely another one of the highlights, so much attitude from our girl! My friend who was with me (who wouldn't be much of a Leona fan at all) said these three words after the song: 'That was class.' Says it all really! :D

My mate said after the show that while he wouldn't be going out and buying her CDs, he thought the show was great and he was really glad he went and that he wasn't used to seeing her work the stage like that. Definitely came away with a lot more respect her for her after the show, he even went on to say that after seeing her live, she's definitely the best singer he's heard that's around today, something he wouldn't have said before.

Thanks for your review! :) Glad you had a great time. :D
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do so love to see THE ;) DVD get mentioned so much can`t wait !:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saxman25o wrote: »
    do so love to see THE ;) DVD get mentioned so much can`t wait !:D:D:D:D:D

I think "DVD" has got to be the most written word from you! :D

I'm sure you'll be the first one to buy it! :D

Does anyone else hope/think Leona should collaborate with Enrique Iglesias for her next album? They would have so much passion between them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bec123 wrote: »

Glad you had a great time! .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poster on Popjustice saying that a new album is in the works for around a November release.
    Whoever asked me about the album, then yes, still this year. I was at a garden party last week hosted by Modest and talked a bit with her managers.

The album plot is still a more sexy uptempo vibe, she'll keep working on it over the Summer and should be good to go for a new album in November-ish.

Exciting!

Read more: http://www.popjustice.com/forum/index.php?topic=21635.645#ixzz0sANfkKH7
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poster on Popjustice saying that a new album is in the works for around a November release.

Hmmm it could go either way.

Material-wise this is potentially a bad idea. Are they rushing it then? Three months of recording then. :confused:

But maybe there were extremely strong leftovers from the Echo recording sessions - Scene of the Crime, Stay, Perfect Stranger etc :cool: - so they might be using some of them.

If they are rushing this, the label are complete idiots!

Btw, has this poster been right about anything in the past?

Also, they need to be sure on the strength of the lead single. We don't want another Happy fiasco where the album suffers in the fall release. Staggered releasing probably wouldn't work either since people will just illegally download.

I think a spring 2011 release would be best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Material-wise this is potentially a bad idea. Are they rushing it then? Three months of recording then. :confused:

But maybe there were extremely strong leftovers from the Echo recording sessions - Scene of the Crime, Stay, Perfect Stranger etc :cool: - so they might be using some of them.

Also, they need to be sure on the strength of the lead single. We don't want another Happy fiasco where the album suffers in the fall release. Staggered releasing probably wouldn't work either since people will just illegally download.

The poster is quite reliable, so there is a strong chance it is true!

Normally I'd be like no, take longer, but I really like the thought of a November release.

I just want new material :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all about the lead single for me, if they don't have a smash hit lead single then they should bide their time until they come up with one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I highly doubt they'll release a Live DVD after the tour then a new album so soon after, would not make sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I highly doubt they'll release a Live DVD after the tour then a new album so soon after, would not make sense.

I wonder might the DVD be a bit like the book? Something for the fans but not necessarily something they see as a potential big seller.

Someone put up a twitpic of Simon at the show last night,
    http://twitpic.com/20qwbh
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member

Depends, we know Leona spent a lot of time in the USA earlier this year and the end of last year when she didn't appear to being doing much. We also know she's been writing whilst touring. Now with the cancellation of her US tour it would be quite easy to get an album together now rather than say the first or second quarter of 2011.

The real issue is the direction of the album, will this be one more driven by what J want this time?

Whatever, the first single can't be a balled/Ryan Tedder record.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When has that ever been an issue for Syco? :D
    The poster is quite reliable, so there is a strong chance it is true!

Normally I'd be like no, take longer, but I really like the thought of a November release.

I just want new material :D

Is he the one that certain poster who used to be on here said was very reliable? :D

I want new material too but I also want quality material. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder might the DVD be a bit like the book? Something for the fans but not necessarily something they see as a potential big seller.

Someone put up a twitpic of Simon at the show last night,
    http://twitpic.com/20qwbh

I doubt it, Books and Perfumes are stuff they'd sell on the side. I know at work we promote live DVD/CDs to sell them on the playlist, and it's something they can put on the TV (or even Sky Box Office).
    It'd most likely be sold as a main thing, like Celine Dion's Taking Chances World Tour.

Saying that, if they added it as a bonus disc with the new album? Could that work?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it, Books and Perfumes are stuff they'd sell on the side. I know at work we promote live DVD/CDs to sell them on the playlist, and it's something they can put on the TV (or even Sky Box Office).
    It'd most likely be sold as a main thing, like Celine Dion's Taking Chances World Tour.

Oh ok, would be interesting then to see how it would tie in to a new album release(if the poster of PJ is correct).

Very,very hard to interpret what SyCo might be thinking.
This discussion has been closed.