Advertising a new business

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of starting a new online business offering various services such as CV writing, personalised job searching and other career advice and guidance.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I can advertise these services other than college/university information boards.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on your budget really ..

Is there areas near with high unemployment? put leaflets through all the doors, local businesses, supermarkets, libraries.

What about local newspapers as well? not sure how much that would cost though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Don't really have a high budget but do have some contacts with the local press so may be able to get a good deal for a small ad in the jobs section .

Will also try the leaflets - that won't cost a fortune and could bring lots of interest. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    You could try Google advertising. I'm not sure how expensive it is, though.

If you're online it makes sense to advertise online as well.
    Forum Member
    I'll have a look into the costs for that, you're right makes perfect sense to advertise online! thanks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    There's more information about it here.
    Forum Member
    Thank you
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could try Google advertising. I'm not sure how expensive it is, though.

If you're online it makes sense to advertise online as well.

All about adwords.

CV writing advice would definitely be a valid search term to bid on.

And you can spend as much or as little as you want (obviously with varying degrees of success)

Another good one is Facebook as you can use all that lovely private data to target your ads,e.g. 18-23 year olds at university,studying x,y or z, in the UK.
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    All about adwords.

CV writing advice would definitely be a valid search term to bid on.

And you can spend as much or as little as you want (obviously with varying degrees of success)

Another good one is Facebook as you can use all that lovely private data to target your ads,e.g. 18-23 year olds at university,studying x,y or z, in the UK.

Thanks, have used Facebook to set up a company page and group and am looking at an ad now.