Options

The London Riots (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    slipstream42slipstream42 Posts: 2,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blackberry are reported to be working with police which hopefully MAY:rolleyes: help for future charges

my BBM is going crazy tonight! I wish people would stop broadcasting messages! we know there are riots but there is nothing no one can do about it.

Well the police can and government if Cameron pulls his finger out his arse and comes up with a solution
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    Do we actually have an army?

Aren't they in Afghanistan?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    floopy123 wrote: »
    "I'm nearly 40 and I have never seen or heard of anything like this happening in the country before. It is unbelievable."

I agree. I find it chilling as if we've seen a very small glimpse of what life is like when law and order break down over a large area. Very scary.

This is 21st century rioting/looting using modern technology. You saw how Facebook was used in Egypt to rally people to the cause for democracy and here in London the reverse is happening. Modern technology is being used to dent away at democracy and the rule of law.

A sad week for Britain. :(

Worse still.... the little f*ckers have all just upgarded their smartphones after a robbing spree in Currys. ;-)
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    This is what you get when you tippy toe atound the youngsters of today

they have as much respect for other people and others property as I have for a runny dog turd
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the cobra meeting may be at 9am but I doubt the members will be asleep at all tonight
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just saddens me so much that there are this many people in my city that are capable of doing this. That are so morally lacking that they think this is fine. That they're comfortable committing these acts and then laughing about it with their mates. They should all be ashamed of themselves, if they had any sort of morals whatsoever they'd be embarrassed to have all their mates know what they're up to at the moment, but clearly they don't. There's no morality, there's no civility, there's no respect for anything at all. And that is an absolute tragedy for our society as a whole, both saddening and absolutely infuriating.

No punishment is too harsh for these absolute c*nts.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in Hackney near Mare St. Shi!!ing myself at the moment. All I can hear is Police Sirens.
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    225 arrested, only 36 charged ?? Is this some kind of joke!?

That's part of the joke. The punchline will be the punishments dished out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    One musn't rush these things.

yeah sure, let him get back. I'm sure he will be a little jet lagged so let him sleep it off for a while. Then get up grab a coffee and waltz into the meeting at 9am without a care in the world.
  • Options
    cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should be yes, It's around a 3 hour flight.

To London? Make that about 1hr50 at best from Tuscany area to London.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats ridiculous is that the army has more threat than the police, they should be equal, why haven't we got the same sort of people who are in the army working for the police
  • Options
    SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will this still be going on at the weekend?
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Morgsie wrote: »
    Clegg should Chair COBRA NOW

Yes yes, we saw you the first time you said it.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Great now people on my facebook are putting up statuses to say they want to loot Thanet! theres nothing of value here its a shit hole!.

Why do people think its fun to do this?

Because they are detached from reality. They thrive on reality TV shows and Jeremy Kyle and gossip magazines. They are amoral creatures, feral and without scruples.
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    He left Italy about 2-3 hours ago. He's probably in the UK already.

It reminds me about the part in the Naked Gun, where Drebin tells Noidberg's wife that they won't rest, won't spare one man, until the people who tried to kill her husband are behind bars.

"Now, let's grab a bite to eat".
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    They could never make a film of this, what with the police and the army nowhere in sight and the President not getting out of his pit till 9 oclock the next day.
  • Options
    WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what happens when you pour all your resources in to hopeless foreign countries and ignore your own people.The army need to come home and patrol the streets and borders permanently.The police have lost the plot and might as well not bother turning up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    ah yes anarchy is breaking out all over the country inner city and reaching further but hey why need to get up a bit earlier...this was supposed to be our holidays! lol
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Stay safe - lock yourself in the castle.

I am still on uni campus
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mounty wrote: »
    the cobra meeting may be at 9am but I doubt the members will be asleep at all tonight

It needs to meet NOW
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Things will change as a result of this. The government will be forced to change laws regarding dealing with rioting. There may be a pointless inquiry and lots of politicians making political capital but I hope and pray something positive comes out of this in terms of greater powers for the police and possibly the army.

It's a sad fact of life that things often change for the better when terrible things happen.
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    There aren't 300 police forces in the UK!

300 officers from across the UK have been called upon apparently. This was on Sky a few hours ago now so there may be more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    It did indeed. Funny how everyone ignores the white ones, though, or doesn't even see them in the first place.

It's clearly descended into a free for all for low lifes of every denomination, not a race issue anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need to go to bed but I hope that any of you who are near to these areas stay safe x
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great now people on my facebook are putting up statuses to say they want to loot Thanet! theres nothing of value here its a shit hole!.

Why do people think its fun to do this?

Needless to say I have deleted the people who have said they want to start a riot.

Never mind deleting them...report them!
This discussion has been closed.