Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    The Good Sheppard. What a yawn fest but I had to see how it ended.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Boyhood - 6/10
    The key gimmick behind this film was that it was filmed across 12 years with the same cast throughout. In place of a plot, it explores real life and finds a story in the everyday. The problem is that it is seldom engaging, the lead boy is extremely dreary and devoid of any personality and I found myself more interested in what was going on with the briefly seen supporting characters. The mother was probably the most interesting aspect of the film, which was a decent idea in concept but just a chore to watch. Despite the reviews, and despite really wanting to enjoy it, I never did as much as I would have liked. It ultimately felt more like a cinematic experiment than an actual film.

Pride - 9/10
    An absolutely brilliant film that manages to be very fun, without cheapening the themes it covers. The characters are all interesting, whether based on real people or not, and the 80s were brought to life brilliantly. Bill Nighy and Imelda Staunton were on fine form as always, there were some great turns from the younger cast and the whole thing was just a delight. I also loved the irony of the lead character being nicknamed Bromley, which today is probably one of the less tolerant areas of London for homosexuality (as someone who lives there and is bisexual myself). :D Just a pure joy to watch, and hilarious in places too. It reminded me a little of the Made in Dagenham film from a few years back, though this one may edge it as being slightly better :)
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Kings of Summer

7/10 - Film about three kids who run away from home and live in the woods. It makes me wish I could do something like this. Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally are hilarious in it.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About Last Night...boring rom-com with no real storyline of note 4/10
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    About Last Night...boring rom-com with no real storyline of note 4/10
    The one with Demi Moore/Rob Lowe or the newer version? (or both :D)
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    The one with Demi Moore/Rob Lowe or the newer version? (or both :D)

It's the Kevin Hart 2014 version.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant (2009). Director: Paul Weitz

5/10

From the extras on the disc it seems the producers were trying to emulate the success of Harry Potter. This is just rather repellent and the franchise was stillborn.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Watching "Snow White and the Huntsman" in bed at the moment.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE CROODS - 9half/10
    outstanding and unusual CGanimation, and EEP is so goddam CUTE!!! :D

EPIC - 7/10
    lively but not without it's foibles ..... or is that foliage ;-)
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched a film called 'Under The Skin' on Amazon Prime instant video. A bit weird and kind of boring, but you do get to see Scarlett Johansson fully naked so *cough* 10 out of 10 *cough* for me lol.
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant (2009). Director: Paul Weitz

5/10

From the extras on the disc it seems the producers were trying to emulate the success of Harry Potter. This is just rather repellent and the franchise was stillborn.
    I read the books quite some time ago, the main problem they had was they tried squeezing 3 books into one film, it was just a mess, the whole style of it was wrong too.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gone Girl (2014) 9/10
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Grand Budapest Hotel - 8/10.

Ralph Fiennes has created a hilarious and memorable character here. I love Wes Anderson's style of film making.

The Hangover - 6/10.

I watched this since it was on TV tonight. Hadn't seen it in a while, still a pretty fun watch.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Flushed Away - 5/10
    It's ok not my fav Aardman film, was a bit heavy on the stereotypes though.
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forrest Gump
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Kill List

This has been lurking on the Sky planner for a few months so I finally got round to watching it. Odd film, and although the Channel 4 voiceover man kept warning at the end of each ad break about the brutal violence I was going to see , I found it quite tame. The ending is just weird, and I couldn't help thinking of Hot Fuzz.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    "Snow White And The Huntsman" and "He's Just Not That Into You".
  • LilNikki1987LilNikki1987 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    The Theory of Everything at the cinema on Friday. An amazing film- very moving with some funny moments.

Nikki :)
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dog Day Afternoon - 4/10

The first Al Pacino film I've watched. I should probably ensure Scarface is my next unless I may be put off him permanently. To be fair, his acting (and that of everyone else) was fine in this film. I just found it to be dull.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Noah. Boring, overblown, pompous nonsense. 3/10.

Agreed. It almost entered the "so bad, it's good" territory, but not quite. For a "major" movie with a big name director, it must be one of the worst I've ever seen. My couple of points are for the unintentional laughs the movie provided.

2/10
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching The Princess Bride. I love this film. Anyone want a peanut?
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    disney hunchback of notre dame. 7/10. Good combo of cgi background with drawn cartoon characters. Reasonable plotline. But crap songs alas.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bee Movie - Dreamworks animation aimed more at adults than kids. Some good gags and decent animation but nowhere near as good as Shrek or How To Train Your Dragon.

5/10

Click - A film that doesn't know if its trying to be a It's A Wonderful Life inspired dramedy or a full blown Adam Sandler comedy.

5/10

Dog Day Afternoon - Intense Al Pacino led film about a bank robbery where the assailants are way in over their heads. Pacino was on a roll back in the 70s, then Scarface came along and changed his career for better or for worse.

8/10
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guardians of the Galaxy

10/10 - Loved it from start to finish. Easily in my top 3 comic movies. Awesome.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    The Little Mermaid (1989) - 8.5/10
This discussion has been closed.