Options

Ratings For The Final

Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
Forum Member
✭✭
I note that 8.8m watched the final last night

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a211228/88m-see-hayley-tamaddons-ice-win.html

Does anyone know how this compares with previous year's? I am sure that is lower than usual but not certain on that.

I also don't think it's that much higher than the rest of the series.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duplicate post
  • Options
    emzangel28emzangel28 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't quote me on this but i have read on this forum people saying the whole serie has had a lower number of viewers than normal. A possible reason could be the fact that its all the same now, unless change are made i can't honestly see it contiuning past next year.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The series on average has been 0.6m down on last year. In regards to the final, last year's claimed 10.8m (43.2%), with a 15 minute peak of 11.9m.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Last years final averaged over 10 million and peaked at almost 12 from what I remember, the year befores final averaged about 11 million and peaked at about 13 million I think (Chris v Suzanne). That was the highest rated final of DOI and the second highest average series rating overall (series one having the highest average).
    Ouch for this year, though was expected I suppose.

EDIT; Just saw Fudds post, happy with my memory lol...
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it'll be axed. Nearly 9 million viewers is still fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it will be axed but a drop of 2m figures must be a wake up call to the producers that changes are needed.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    I don't think it will be axed but a drop of 2m figures must be a wake up call to the producers that changes are needed.
    Perhaps they'll finally question the liability of Jason and she of little value Emma.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Perhaps they'll finally question the liability of Jason and she of little value Emma.

We can but hope.
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be careful about comparing these figures with the ones for last year. These are overnights, so the final figures will be higher. :)

Mostly the ratings for this series have been very similar to last year.